Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

It's 100 degrees, so The Cooler is selling...socks

Old
08-09-2007, 07:04 PM
Holly Gunning

vCash: 500
It's 100 degrees, so The Cooler is selling...socks

I stopped by The Cooler for open skate this afternoon (with socks), and was amused by a sign on the front desk. It had a hand-drawn picture of ankle socks, and a price of $3. Hot as blazes outside, it's flip-flop weather, and according to Nicole at the front desk, a lot of people show up at the rink and say "um, do you sell socks?" Why, yes they do.

For 100 degrees out, the ice was good. Actually, even for 60 degrees it was good. I was impressed.

Holly Gunning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-09-2007, 08:39 PM
ExplosiveLEAFman

I hate being out and about with no place to buy socks.

ExplosiveLEAFman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-09-2007, 11:07 PM
Magnus Fulgur

I love the Cooler. Where else in Georgia can you play pickup with guys that just played Juniors in Finland or guys that are going to play in Victoria next year along side with fun washed up wanna-bees?

Okay, at the other Metro Atlanta rinks...fine...

Magnus Fulgur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2007, 12:56 PM
Holly Gunning

I heard that the dehumidifier at the Duluth IceForum is down and therefore the ice is real bad. Lovely. I'm sure the players who are back in town are enjoying the facilities.

Holly Gunning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2007, 01:32 PM
gamera

Send a message via ICQ to gamera Send a message via AIM to gamera Send a message via MSN to gamera Send a message via Yahoo to gamera
Quote:
Originally Posted by Holly Gunning View Post
I heard that the dehumidifier at the Duluth IceForum is down and therefore the ice is real bad. Lovely. I'm sure the players who are back in town are enjoying the facilities.
yep. i think it might be fixed now, though. part was supposed to come in friday (as of AM skate friday, however, still not fixed...)

they've opted to keep it really cold in there so the condensation freezes before falling like rain from the ceiling. earlier in the week it was so foggy you couldn't even see the far side of the rink and raindrops were literally falling on you as you skated...

oh and tox, i played on a line with hoops and coach pyle the other day at stick time in duluth...if you call skating as fast as i can to keep up with everybody "playing" LOL (i think i touched the puck 3 or 4 times the entire time )

btw, thrashers ice OK, at least thursday afternoon. seemed the public side had the fog problem.

gamera is offline   Reply With Quote