HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Sidney Crosby

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
08-11-2007, 02:35 PM
  #26
chosen
Registered User
 
chosen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 5,691
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Callahan43 View Post
i dont want him, and i'm glad we didnt get him.
It's hard to believe that anyone who ever saw a hockey game could have your opinion.

chosen is offline  
Old
08-11-2007, 02:48 PM
  #27
danno2530
 
danno2530's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 6,453
vCash: 500
Send a message via Yahoo to danno2530
Quote:
Originally Posted by toastman344 View Post
whoever says they dont want crosby is stupid
Agreed.

I'm no Crosby fan but I was outside the Philadelphia Art Museum the day of the draft lotto trying to get the results on my walkman from WFAN (since WIP was too busy discussing the Eagles to acknowledge it) while on summer vacation with some friends..I think that tells you the kind of player Crosby is and he hadn't even played a game yet.

But it's done. It was two years ago and if he didn't go to the Penguins, they might not even exist anymore..it would have been pretty bad to see a great franchise like that have to move even if I can't stand the Pens. It all worked out.

danno2530 is offline  
Old
08-11-2007, 02:52 PM
  #28
chip chipperson*
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Country: United States
Posts: 2,033
vCash: 500
as much as i dislike crosby especially since he kills us, to say that you don't want a hart trophy winner on your team is well... ridiculous. why have jagr then?

chip chipperson* is offline  
Old
08-11-2007, 03:17 PM
  #29
broadwayblue
Registered User
 
broadwayblue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 15,749
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyBurd View Post
30 out of 30 teams would donate the right nuts of each and every one of their male employees for the chance to build their franchise around him.
The only reason I said 29 of 30 is because there's alway 1 owner/GM who would go in a different direction. Perhaps they would go with a stud #1 goalie or dman over Crosby...but we can both agree that almost everyone would pick Sid #1 overall. My point is that even if he were to go #2 overall, he's still a guy every team would be lucky to have...and people who say they wouldn't want him on their team are just ignorant.

broadwayblue is offline  
Old
08-11-2007, 05:14 PM
  #30
ColoradoCam
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Colorado
Country: United States
Posts: 332
vCash: 500
I htink that most people would want Crosby, but if he were on my team, I certainly wouldnt make him captain at age 19 or 20! Not only does this put more attention on him and more pressure, I dont think hhe is mature enough to handle it yet. Down the road, he will be a great captain for Pitt. just not right now.
Does that mean I wouldnt want him on the Avs? I would give a left big toe. WHich as everyone knows is the "captain" of the toes.

ColoradoCam is offline  
Old
08-11-2007, 05:17 PM
  #31
RMcDonagh
New York Rangers Cup
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Long Island, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 6,264
vCash: 500
I wouldn't pick Sidney. I don't want that bum on my team. I like our players just the way we are, I don't need a ridiculous hotshot whining little baby on my team. Thanks.

Yes, obviously I'm no Sid fan. This will be agree to disagree, but Sidney Crosby doesn't belong in a NY Ranger uniform, today, tommorow, 2 months, 20 years from now. He's a die hard rival who we should be pinning the hell out of to the ice, everytime we are facing him and he is skating upon it.


Last edited by RMcDonagh: 08-11-2007 at 05:24 PM.
RMcDonagh is offline  
Old
08-11-2007, 05:21 PM
  #32
Inferno
HFB Partner
 
Inferno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Atlanta, GA
Country: United States
Posts: 20,176
vCash: 500
Sather said something along the lines of "i would trade my left nut for Crosby"

thats an understatement. hes has generational, damn near legendary talent. youd have to be on drugs not to want him on your team.

Inferno is offline  
Old
08-11-2007, 05:28 PM
  #33
HeaveHo94
PSN: NYC_RANGERS_94
 
HeaveHo94's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: NY NEW YORK
Country: United States
Posts: 2,335
vCash: 500
Yes, True...

Quote:
Originally Posted by LUNDQVISTISAMAZING View Post
for the draft lottery dont u think that the worst team in the nhl that year should get the number 1 overall pick in the draft?

i do, and considering this, the rangers had the worst record in the nhl the year of crosby's draft year so do u think that he should be wearing a ranger jersey?

because the penguins tanked on purpose and u can definitely tell that they did if u watch some of the games from that year. the caps also did the same thing as the pens so if they dont tank on purpose i believe that crosby would be a ranger.
BUT SID THE KID WILL BE A NY RANGER IN 5 YEARS!

HeaveHo94 is offline  
Old
08-11-2007, 05:41 PM
  #34
LogiquePaR4dOcKs
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Helsinki, FIN
Posts: 393
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruno Ranger View Post
I wouldn't pick Sidney. I don't want that bum on my team. I like our players just the way we are, I don't need a ridiculous hotshot whining little baby on my team. Thanks.

Yes, obviously I'm no Sid fan. This will be agree to disagree, but Sidney Crosby doesn't belong in a NY Ranger uniform, today, tommorow, 2 months, 20 years from now. He's a die hard rival who we should be pinning the hell out of to the ice, everytime we are facing him and he is skating upon it.
Please, boo as hard as you can. It'll only motivate him even more.

LogiquePaR4dOcKs is offline  
Old
08-11-2007, 05:43 PM
  #35
otterulz
 
otterulz's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Flushing
Country: South Korea
Posts: 302
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Callahan43 View Post
i dont want him, and i'm glad we didnt get him.
Have you actually seen him play or is this one of those moments of blind loyalty you have for your team and players and don't want a single thing to change? Hell, I used to hate Michael Jordan when I was a kid and said I never would want him on the Knicks.

otterulz is offline  
Old
08-11-2007, 05:46 PM
  #36
nyrcallahan24
nomvegannom
 
nyrcallahan24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: NY
Country: United States
Posts: 2,963
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by darrenturcotte#8 View Post
If Cindy were to become a Ranger, do you think they would sell skirts with Crosby on the back? Also, being that MSG is an older building, do you think they have room on the bench for all the tissues? I mean, the Garden ice is bad enough without all those tears.
yah. mess left enough tears in the garden for all eternitie . And what do you mean the garden ice is bad enough? Crosby probably costs so much because half of his pay is for tissues

nyrcallahan24 is offline  
Old
08-11-2007, 05:47 PM
  #37
nyrcallahan24
nomvegannom
 
nyrcallahan24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: NY
Country: United States
Posts: 2,963
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by otterulz;10159620[B
]Have you actually seen him play or is this one of those moments of blind loyalty you have for your team and players and don't want a single thing to change? [/B]Hell, I used to hate Michael Jordan when I was a kid and said I never would want him on the Knicks.
I've seen him play and no doubt he's goos but i hate his guts and he's a cry baby. He cries more then mess.

nyrcallahan24 is offline  
Old
08-11-2007, 05:49 PM
  #38
nyrcallahan24
nomvegannom
 
nyrcallahan24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: NY
Country: United States
Posts: 2,963
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by chosen View Post
It's hard to believe that anyone who ever saw a hockey game could have your opinion.
i dont like him. He is an extremely talented player, and he has a gift but i just dont like him.

nyrcallahan24 is offline  
Old
08-11-2007, 05:50 PM
  #39
nyrcallahan24
nomvegannom
 
nyrcallahan24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: NY
Country: United States
Posts: 2,963
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Odinsky View Post
Yeeaahhh, who wants Crosby these days? I mean he just scored 120 pts last season and won every trophy he was eligible for.

We don't need forth liners!
exactally. thats what i'm trying to say

nyrcallahan24 is offline  
Old
08-11-2007, 05:51 PM
  #40
RMcDonagh
New York Rangers Cup
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Long Island, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 6,264
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LogiquePaR4dOcKs View Post
Please, boo as hard as you can. It'll only motivate him even more.

Actually no Sid doesn't even want to become a Ranger. I believe Callahan and darrent have it about right. Take that whiney little baby 20 year old "know it all" cap-ee-tan and let him reside with that team for all eternity, after all, Orr and Avery should knock his ass into next week, maybe when he's bleeding from his face down because he can't handle it he will complain extra to the refs are maybe even the commissioner about heartless play.

RMcDonagh is offline  
Old
08-11-2007, 05:54 PM
  #41
otterulz
 
otterulz's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Flushing
Country: South Korea
Posts: 302
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Callahan43 View Post
I've seen him play and no doubt he's goos but i hate his guts and he's a cry baby. He cries more then mess.
And you wouldn't want him on this team? Did you know that our current captain has a reputation for being a bit of a baby himself or are you gonna reply with "not as big as Crosby"? Because if you do, there's a big difference between a 35 yr old grown man and 16 year veteran being a baby as opposed to a 20 yr old kid and 2 yr veteran being a baby. So if you hate Crosby for his crying, you must really hate Jagr.

otterulz is offline  
Old
08-11-2007, 05:57 PM
  #42
nyrcallahan24
nomvegannom
 
nyrcallahan24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: NY
Country: United States
Posts: 2,963
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by otterulz View Post
And you wouldn't want him on this team? Did you know that our current captain has a reputation for being a bit of a baby himself or are you gonna reply with "not as big as Crosby"? Because if you do, there's a big difference between a 35 yr old grown man and 16 year veteran being a baby as opposed to a 20 yr old kid and 2 yr veteran being a baby. So if you hate Crosby for his crying, you must really hate Jagr.
No. i dont hate jags, sure he gets on my nerves alot when he wines, but i dont have a reason to hate him. I was a fan after the lockout, so he was with our team. If i was a fan for maybe 10 years i would hate him. I have seen crosby play, and i have seen him beat the rangers so i dont like him. I pretty much hate anyone who is not on the rangers team, except if they where on it years earlier, that i've actually seen play on the team (ortey, nyee, ect)

nyrcallahan24 is offline  
Old
08-11-2007, 06:32 PM
  #43
The New Originals
Registered User
 
The New Originals's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: A.V. Land
Country: United States
Posts: 4,966
vCash: 500
that's the most immature thing i've read today

The New Originals is offline  
Old
08-11-2007, 06:43 PM
  #44
Son of Steinbrenner
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Country: Tromelin
Posts: 9,500
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Callahan43 View Post
No. i dont hate jags, sure he gets on my nerves alot when he wines, but i dont have a reason to hate him. I was a fan after the lockout, so he was with our team. If i was a fan for maybe 10 years i would hate him. I have seen crosby play, and i have seen him beat the rangers so i dont like him. I pretty much hate anyone who is not on the rangers team, except if they where on it years earlier, that i've actually seen play on the team (ortey, nyee, ect)
when does Jagr whine?

Provide quotes for everybody on the board to look at....you can't because he doesn't...

you don't want crosby because your hockey iq is 4 and that's being nice.....

if you were a fan for 10 years...try if you were a fan for 10 seconds you would want crosby on the Rangers...but OMG fuzzy and goldylocks are GREAT!!!! lets all go to the mall and have an orange julius..OMG....

callahan43....rcallahan43.... seperated at birth no doubt...

Son of Steinbrenner is offline  
Old
08-11-2007, 06:44 PM
  #45
RMcDonagh
New York Rangers Cup
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Long Island, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 6,264
vCash: 500
Well I guess that pushes it might far Callahan43, I don't hate anyone not on the team. Even if our former rangers score goals on us that were tremendously well while playing for us, I would cheer for them. Good job. Have to respect the all time great players of the game and just simply amazing players. I have respect for Crosby's amazing skills, I simply dont want him to be a ranger. I would cheer if he was here, and had a rockin season with us for 140 points. Congratulations. Doesn't change the fact I don't want Crosby on the team though.

RMcDonagh is offline  
Old
08-11-2007, 07:05 PM
  #46
LogiquePaR4dOcKs
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Helsinki, FIN
Posts: 393
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruno Ranger View Post
Actually no Sid doesn't even want to become a Ranger.
Yeah, I don't see why he would.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruno Ranger View Post
I believe Callahan and darrent have it about right. Take that whiney little baby 20 year old "know it all" cap-ee-tan and let him reside with that team for all eternity,
Hopefully.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruno Ranger View Post
after all, Orr and Avery should knock his ass into next week, maybe when he's bleeding from his face down because he can't handle it he will complain extra to the refs are maybe even the commissioner about heartless play.
Heartless ass-knocking? Sounds boring, I would complain too.

LogiquePaR4dOcKs is offline  
Old
08-11-2007, 07:20 PM
  #47
TheZherdev
Registered User
 
TheZherdev's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 2,351
vCash: 500
anyone who wouldnt want crosby on their team should be locked up.

Sure we have all seen crosby whine, but hes only 20. Yzerman wasnt exactly leadership material when he first started out. Crosby is such a competitor and its obvious that he whined mostly in his first season, a season where they came in last again. The kids is maturing and your going to see that whining label scratched off pretty soon.

TheZherdev is offline  
Old
08-11-2007, 07:35 PM
  #48
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired
 
SingnBluesOnBroadway's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 29,973
vCash: 500
Awards:
I think this thread has gone on far enough. Seeing how it's OT anyway.

__________________
SingnBluesOnBroadway is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:22 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.