HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Winnipeg Jets
Notices

My hockey team is playing at philips arena!!

Old
08-06-2007, 05:11 PM
gamera

vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to gamera Send a message via AIM to gamera Send a message via MSN to gamera Send a message via Yahoo to gamera
My hockey team is playing at philips arena!!

we've got the ice after the game on friday november 23 (day after thanksgiving)

i think i'll have some discounted tix to sell (will get you into the thrashers game and my team's game) ... when i know more, i'll let you know.

here's your chance to see how truly awesome i am!! lol (let me put it this way, our team's motto is "we suck.")

gamera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2007, 05:32 PM
Going Back to Cally
Sons of Pirates

vCash: 169
I was able to play a game at the SPTF when I was 16 and it is one of the most amazing things I have ever done. Enjoy it!

08-06-2007, 09:36 PM
Blue32

Booooooooooooooooooo.

What horrible timing!!!!

We'll be in DC for Thanksgiving.

Blue32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2007, 10:16 PM
Magnus Fulgur

Hey gamera, do you need a ringer???

Magnus Fulgur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2007, 11:54 PM
Hell on Heels
classless chick :(

Send a message via Skype™ to Hell on Heels
I won free icetime at SBP when it was the Corel Centre with my team. So exciting! I got to sit where 99 played his last game in Canada. And when I sat on the benches, I'm so short, my feet didn't touch the ground. And we got to enter the ice with the Senators theme and get our names announced and an anthem, it was exciting. And I fought my sister so we could both go in the penalty box.

Here's my team from then, I made all the defense switch gloves with each other. I'm bottom left grinning like a fool. I lost my team socks so only had my practice socks with me, sigh.

TAKE LOTS OF PICTURES!!

Hell on Heels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-07-2007, 12:22 AM
gamera

Send a message via ICQ to gamera Send a message via AIM to gamera Send a message via MSN to gamera Send a message via Yahoo to gamera
aww that is so cute, lydia!! and tox, we'd love to have you but it's only our lower A team...i'm not even sure they're letting the 3 on 3 ppl who aren't on the lower A team play.

maybe the mighty pucks (team we are playing) could use you??? i don't think linda posts here but she's on the chicken and the nest boards. (just posts as "mighty pucks")

big hugs to marla and ruby!!

Old
08-09-2007, 11:32 AM
kracker1

I don't kno which games I have yet, my tix haven't arrived. Do you know when to expect I might get them Sally?

kracker1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-09-2007, 03:54 PM
StevenintheATL

Unfortunately, I've already made plans for that weekend (A four day weekend is a good excuse to go out there):

I know btn "banned" me from going out there during the season, and here's my response to said "ban":

I promise I won't bet on Thrashers games.......

StevenintheATL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2007, 06:28 PM
gamera

not sure when tix should arrive...early september maybe? (guessing) hey steven you should bet on the nasty nest game (my team)

Old
08-11-2007, 06:49 PM
brymel
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
I was able to play a game at the SPTF when I was 16 and it is one of the most amazing things I have ever done. Enjoy it!
My son played in Lake Placid, and played a game on the ice where the 1980 Olympic team beat the Russians. One of the coolest experiences for both him and I. He was a squirt major then playing in a AAA tournament. He is now a Bantam Major, still playing AAA, and we talk about that experience all the time. Amazing...

brymel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2007, 06:54 PM
Merc29
Sid ney Cr os by

its always fun playing in the arena where your favorite plays (mine being the Pens). Two years ago my team made the finals for the Western Pennsylvania Interscolastic Hockey league AA (WPIHL AA). And the finals were held at Mellon arena, which was great. Playing infront of a very big croud for a highschool game roughly 2000 to 2500 people was probably the high point of my life. Just entering the ice with the Scoreboard right above and all the fans cheering you on, i got chills running up and down my spine. as for the actually ice surface itself.....it sucked, arguably one of the worst ice surfaces i've ever skated on (been skating for 16 years) and one of the warmest invorments to play in. Me being the goalie, it was just awful. The ice was so soft i could barly move. ...but despite all of the flaws, we still lost the the team that should have been in AAA easily. All in all it was one of the best experiences of my life

Merc29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2007, 07:39 PM
StevenintheATL

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamera View Post
hey steven you should bet on the nasty nest game (my team)
I don't think they'd give me a line on that one, in fact they'd probably think I'd done a few lines to even try betting on something like that. I still think the guy at sports book thought I was crazy betting on hockey. I was probably one of the few people in Vegas when I was out there putting bets down on hockey. Everyone else was putting bets down on horse races and NCAA Tournament games.

At least this next trip I'll get to throw some college football and NFL bets down. I will definitely be betting on the Georgia-Georgia Tech game.

StevenintheATL is offline   Reply With Quote