HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Notices

Jillson A Sabre!!

Closed Thread

Old
03-10-2004, 09:22 AM
SonOfWade

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffaloed
I was outraged when the Sabres traded Sergei Klementiev for Joe Juneau having already penciled him in as a can't misss, top 4 defender. Young dmen are a frustrating bunch.
It was Alexi Tezikov whom Darcy dealt for Joe Juneau.

And, I agree. Look how long it took guys like Jovonowski and Pronger to live up to their potential. Let's see what Ruff can do with Jillson. 23 is still pretty young, and they guy hasn't played a full season yet.

Old
03-10-2004, 09:27 AM
RattledSABRE

You've got to think of it this way,suppose Jillson doesn't turn out,what was the price?A fourth line centre isn't too much of a price to pay for a decent D prospect since we are extremely thin there on the depth chart.I can only see the upside on this deal.Sorry naysayers but you definetly lose on this one.

Old
03-10-2004, 10:03 AM
LALALALALALAFONTAINE

I'm extremely happy we got Jillson. He's big, mobile, young, cheap and RH. And he provides an instant upgrade of our current defense.

I think the Pyatt comparison holds. Jillson is still inconsistent, but does show flashes. Like Pyatt, he started the season very hot.

Old
03-10-2004, 10:14 AM
Fan-of-#9

Quote:
Originally Posted by RattledSABRE
You've got to think of it this way,suppose Jillson doesn't turn out,what was the price?A fourth line centre isn't too much of a price to pay for a decent D prospect since we are extremely thin there on the depth chart.I can only see the upside on this deal.Sorry naysayers but you definetly lose on this one.
Exactly.

Even is he holds up as a decent #4-5 we did very well addressing our needs. Anything above and beyond his current ability is a major plus in my books.

Old
03-10-2004, 10:59 AM
Buffaloed
Administrator
Webmaster

vCash: 1390
Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfWade
It was Alexi Tezikov whom Darcy dealt for Joe Juneau.

And, I agree. Look how long it took guys like Jovonowski and Pronger to live up to their potential. Let's see what Ruff can do with Jillson. 23 is still pretty young, and they guy hasn't played a full season yet.
Yeah, my bad, it was Tezikov. I had high hopes for him.

I agree also, Jillson is a good gamble and if he doesn't pay off, Brown wasn't much to give up. Roy's entrenched himself as the no 3 center, and Grier is great on the PK.

Old
03-10-2004, 11:11 AM
Buffaloed
Administrator
Webmaster

vCash: 1390
Quote:
Originally Posted by SabresIn05
Don't knock Boyes until you watch him. He has exceptional amounts of offensive talent. His defense and faceoff abilities have been beginning to come around. I would have rather had Boyes than Jillson, however I'll accept having Jillson. With Grier now, can this team make a run?
I've never been a Boyes fan. He reminds me of Brad Moran; good instincts, but lacks size and skating ability. He's a good AHLer, but I don't see him doing much at the NHL level. He does seem to have it together mentally though. It's too bad we can't put Boyes' head on Jillson's body.

Old
03-10-2004, 11:31 AM
SabresRule

Send a message via MSN to SabresRule
YES! we got rid of Delmore! Grier can replace Brown, so not such a huge loss. Jillson seems good and all the article's i read say he willl improve under Ruff. Brown will be a solid depth guy for us.

Closed Thread