HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk
National Hockey League Talk Discuss NHL players, teams, games, and the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

message from canuck fans: get well steve moore

Closed Thread

Old
03-10-2004, 06:48 AM
sabresfan61

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaVal575
real Canuck fans don't go to Canucks.com. it's just a forum for bandwagon 13 year olds.
I have to say that I totally agree with you on that one....the canuck fans on this site have been so gracious about this whole thing, I had to be nosey after you posted about canucks.com and went to the site to see what people were saying and it is so classless...some went as far as to make jokes about steve moore...so distasteful...i just want to say kudos to all of you that are here....it takes alot of class to do what you guys have done....

Old
03-10-2004, 11:33 AM
cgyfireman

Quote:
Originally Posted by nucks&flames
As a canuck fan, i dont think anybody supported the actions of todd bertuzzi, unless they have a very sick mind. It was worse than the naslund incident, and by retribution all that tood bertuzzi really meant was a good clean open ice hit or good *** kicking in a fight. Obviously he lost control and that is no excuse for a windmill sucker punch. So dont go looking for fights with canucks fans if youre upset(avs fans)

His poor play combined with this has dropped my respect for todd bertuzzi unfortunately. He has taken a step back ever since he "Broke out" thanks to that ten game suspension he had. He had supposedly matured as a player, well unfortunately he has been worse than ever this season regarding his temper. I have a feeling he appologizes for this incident and it helps his play, but i'm not looking for the glass half full approach

I dont feel very good. Get well Steve.
One of the replays showed most of the Canucks fans clapping after the hit.Talk about classless,I don't know which is worse,the hit or the fan's reaction.

Old
03-10-2004, 11:49 AM
kira

Send a message via ICQ to kira Send a message via Yahoo to kira
First of all, you guys all know I'm a die-hard Wings fan. Let me say on behalf of all the other Wings fans on these boards that we wish Steve Moore a speedy and complete recovery...our thoughts and prayers are with him and his family.

Second, I'm in complete and total agreement with the prevailing sentiment here...what happened was incomprehensible and totally out of line. I never saw the original hit on Naslund, but it may (and before you trash me, you'll notice I said MAY) have been just a fluke hit. I don't know.

But that in no way gives anyone carte blanche to go out and do what Bertuzzi did. It was sickening. If he doesn't get suspended for at least the rest of the season, then I will forever question the powers that be. I would be in favor of a suspension through the playoffs as well.

In a way, I also think a little of the blame goes to Crawford...there is revenge, and then there's outright vengeance...I think this went over that line, and Crawford should have been intelligent enough to control this from happening. I could be wrong on this, and if I am, I apologize.

To the Vancouver fans on this board: I don't root for your team, but you guys have shown that you are a class bunch...my hat's off to you for that.

And to the Colorado fans: We wish your player nothing but a speedy recovery. We still have a home and home with you guys...let's hope we can keep it clean and competitive.

Old
03-10-2004, 02:19 PM
ehc73

Send a message via ICQ to ehc73
I don't think anyone expected this, much less Crawford. We all know Bertuzzi has done some stupid stuff, but this is far beyond what he's done before. His 10 game suspension was a result of him trying to help a teammate. Jovanovski was jumped from behind and Bertuzzi came off the bench to help him. Auto-suspension there. But you better believe that if a score settlign situation arises again, Bertuzzi's butt is going to be stapled to the bench(at least I hope that's the case).
Moore deserved a message sent, and I believe it was sent when Cooke challenged Moore. I respect Moore for answering the bell, and I believe it should've ended at that. May taking on Worrell was unnecessary, that's Brookbank's job. I'm still curious as to why Worrell turned down Brookbank but heartily accepted May's challenges(even rolling up his sleeves at one point).
Moore's been nothing short of classy ever since his hit on Naslund. There was no intent to injure Naslund, just to hit him. These things are taken care of through the "laws of the jungle". Bertuzzi's crap was completely unnecessary.

I pray Moore has a speedy recovery and comes back to the NHL. I think he can evolve his game just like Matt Cooke and he'll be a very valuable piece to any organization. Best of luck to you, good sir.

Old
03-10-2004, 02:22 PM
championhabs

From all the fans of the game.......Get Well Moore

Old
03-10-2004, 02:23 PM
Burke's Evil Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by kira
In a way, I also think a little of the blame goes to Crawford...there is revenge, and then there's outright vengeance...I think this went over that line, and Crawford should have been intelligent enough to control this from happening. I could be wrong on this, and if I am, I apologize.
I don't see how it follows. Unless it turns out that Crawford told Bertuzzi to explicitly sucker-punch Moore, I don't think it matters. Sure, he may have told the guys to go out there and rough it up a bit. Unfortunately, that's a part of hockey. I'm sure Jacques Martin and Ken Hitchcock said similar things to their players last Friday, and all the Flyers and Senators their vertebrae intact.

Last edited by Burke's Evil Spirit: 03-10-2004 at 02:35 PM. Reason: Because I get confused when people have identical first names.
Old
03-10-2004, 02:27 PM
ehc73

Send a message via ICQ to ehc73
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burke's Evil Spirit
I don't see how it follows. Unless it turns out that Crawford told Bertuzzi to explicitly sucker-punch Moore, I don't think it matters. Sure, he may have told the guys to go out there and rough it up a bit. Unfortunately, that's a part of hockey. I'm sure Jacques Lemaire and Ken Hitchcock said similar things to their players last Friday, and all the Flyers and Senators their vertebrae intact.
Not to nitpick, but Martin coaches the Sens, not Lemaire.

I think both coaches there told their players to find a dancing partner. Otherwise, why on earth would Spezza and Handzus be fighting???

Old
03-10-2004, 03:37 PM
Freudian
Patty likes beef

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by incawg
I agree with everything you said except for the part about the season being over for the Canucks. The team will go on without Bertuzzi. Maybe it's just blind homerism but I still feel that this team can be successful and make some noise in the playoffs.
I hope they are able to regroup. There are a lot of classy guys on the team and it would be a shame if one guys actions ruins their season.

I wouldn't mind Canucks being knocked out of the playoffs of course, but I would not like them going out because they weren't able to mentally bounce back from this.

Closed Thread