HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
National Hockey League Talk Discuss NHL players, teams, games, and the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

Moore Has Sustained Neck Fractures

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-10-2004, 01:29 PM
  #251
JV
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: na
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,482
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by st_roland
I think that Bert should face a jury and never be allowed back onto NHL ice.
It wouldn't bother me if Bert were charged and convicted, but life time bans should be reserved for worse stuff. This wasn't the worst, not by a longshot.

If Bert ends up missing the rest of the season and playoffs, loses all that income, has to pay lawyers a hundred thousand to defend himself, and feels like a piece of crap for a good long while, that's plenty, imo.

JV is offline  
Old
03-10-2004, 02:49 PM
  #252
Sammy*
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,501
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaloFan
That's kind of what I said, it probably broke when it hit the ice, not from the punch directly. Plus, technically it isn't broken, just fractured. All the pressure from the dog pile could have caused those fractures.
Yep, thats it, pressure from the dog pile caused the fracture. Probably caused him to be concussed as well. In fact, but for the dog pile, he probably would have played the next shift.
Problem with that "theory" is I dont recall the last time a guy got an fracture vertebrae from a dog pile (in hockey or football for hat matter), which isnt exactly an infrequent occurence

Sammy* is offline  
Old
03-10-2004, 03:22 PM
  #253
Harold Snepsts
Registered User
 
Harold Snepsts's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 5,329
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaloFan
He DID NOT break his neck with a punch. Bertuzzi knocked him out cold with the punch, that is obvious. What fractured Moore's neck, was when everybody piled on top of him like idiots. The fact that he had 250 pounds of Bertuzzi, plus another 400 pounds of other players on top of him is probably what fractured his vertebrae.
How can anyone possibly assert what did or did not cause Moore's neck fracture?

An unexpected punch to the back of the head caused enough of a jolt to render him unconscious immediately. It's also highly possible that force was enough to cause the break.

It's ridiculous and offensive to try and argue whether that the punch did not cause the injury, or assert that you can tell exactly when it happened.

Especially when the fractured vertebrae WAS THE ONE IN HIS NECK.

Harold Snepsts is offline  
Old
03-10-2004, 03:41 PM
  #254
ehc73
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Coquitlam, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,943
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to ehc73
http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story.asp...10&hubName=nhl

Moore was visited by teammates today. He was up and alert, even joking about wearing his neck brace.

Things look pretty good for his recovery.

ehc73 is offline  
Old
03-10-2004, 03:56 PM
  #255
wazee
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 1,140
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ehc73
http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story.asp...10&hubName=nhl

Moore was visited by teammates today. He was up and alert, even joking about wearing his neck brace.

Things look pretty good for his recovery.
We are all glad the news on Moore is not worse. But the news isn't quite as cheerful as you want to believe. Moore was wheeled in on a hospital bed and 'gingerly' shook hands with his teammates. Yes, he smiled and joked. But it was far from a jolly, backslapping moment. Indications are that Moore will be able to live a 'normal' life. There is no indication that he will be able to resume his hockey career.

wazee is offline  
Old
03-10-2004, 03:57 PM
  #256
KariyaIsGod*
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Posts: 4,140
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaloFan
He DID NOT break his neck with a punch. Bertuzzi knocked him out cold with the punch, that is obvious. What fractured Moore's neck, was when everybody piled on top of him like idiots. The fact that he had 250 pounds of Bertuzzi, plus another 400 pounds of other players on top of him is probably what fractured his vertebrae.
Why aren't football players breaking their necks every game then?

KariyaIsGod* is offline  
Old
03-10-2004, 04:57 PM
  #257
DuckyCanuck
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 121
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ehc73
That's not actually proven. You'll have to ask the doctors at the hospital what really fractured Steve Moore's neck. I think it's more likely that the dogpile did it, considering all the weight on him. But it is possible that the punch did it. It all depends where the punch landed.
Would a punch to the neck knock you out? Because Moore was definitely unconcious before he hit the ice. I know someone who plays hockey and there's a spot on the side/back of your head that if you get tapped there you could get knocked out pretty easily.
Either one could have done it. I don't how people can rationalize between the two.

I figured Moore was knocked out fairly easily by that punch, but like you said if there is a spot he must've hit it.

DuckyCanuck is offline  
Old
03-10-2004, 05:07 PM
  #258
Laperriere22*
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: CO
Country: Denmark
Posts: 3,875
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renion
You're somewhat right. I don't really know how hard Bertuzzi punched, or how hard he can punch. I do know it didn't look any harder than any other guy throwing a punch on the ice, though. In a hockey fight, do you think they're really holding back? My point was that Bertuzzi's hit, hard as it was, was *normal* force when a hockey player is throwing a punch. I shouldn't have implied he wasn't going "full force," because that wasn't the point I was going for. Actually, my point was meant to be, "Players don't do anything but go full force when they're fighting." That might be wrong, but I doubt it is. That's my opinion, and whether Bertuzzi was going full force or not doesn't change the central points to my posts. It's just that I've gone off on a few tangents now and then
Trouble is there's all this hypothetical and theoretical nonsense being used. Of course guys in fights are throwing punches as hard as possible; the difference is clearly that guys in fights know they are in fights. Even when they turtle, they know they're in a fight and you are trying to defend yourself. Bertuzzi's punch removed any chance of Moore defending himself.


Quote:
And it's important to remember it's what hockey players can reasonably expect to happen, and NOT us. Hockey players are encouraged to play hard, they're encouraged (and sent onto the ice) to fight other players, and they're encouraged to play mean. The fans love it. Why is everyone so willing to believe Bertuzzi meant to do *serious injury* to Moore? I've certainly seen guys go after players who weren't ready to fight before, hoping to get a few shots in early, and in each case something bad could have happened but didn't. Were all of them attempting to seriously injure the other player, or is it only Bertuzzi because an injury did happen?
I play hockey all the time and no one reasonably expects a guy to sucker somebody like that. Hence the reason it's taboo and rarely seen. It's easy to believe Bertuzzi meant to seriously injure Moore because the organization established motive and Bertuzzi then preceded to coldcock an unsuspecting player. Are we to expect that Moore is some sort of action hero that takes punches without being phased? With motive already established, what part of the incident suggests serious injury wasn't intended? Punching a guy from the side like that causes serious injury; always does. So, if you choose to punch a guy like that, what else could Bertuzzi have hoped would happen? Not that I care to hear what will be provided in response, but honestly, there's a reason why there's an outrage and it ain't because it's Bertuzzi that did it. It is because of the act itself.


Quote:
Did Bertuzzi really commit a "heinous act?" Are you judging the act by the result, or by the act itself? If a sucker punch is a "heinous act," then what is intentional boarding? It seems clear to me that boarding has more potential for causing the type of injury Moore sustained than a punch to a helmeted player. Still, I'm not in the medical profession.
No need to change the subject. Boarding often happens within a split second anyway and there are only a few players that I've seen that will happily run a guy from behind. How do you prove intent in such a situation? Bertuzzi's intent was clear and personally, I'm starting to doubt whether you've ever played the game at any level. The act is heinous and I've already stated that I judged Bertuzzi's act separately and well before I heard what injuries Moore had sustained. I'll provide a link to it if you require it. If someone wants to judge the act because of the injury, that's their prerogative. Personally, I go by the act itself and it disgusted me. And I'm a rather coldblooded ******* as it is; so, I'm not having some fit of drama over it. Plain and simple, you don't do what Bertuzzi did, for any reason under the moon.


Quote:
I don't think I've seen the McSorley hit. I've heard it was a two-handed strike to Bashear's head with a hockey stick? Are you implying there's an equal probability of serious injury when a player punches another player, gloves on and helmet on, as when another player deliberately and strongly hits another player in the head with a hockey stick? Were you also implying that in the sucker-punch situation a player should always expect damage to result from it, and that it's comparable to the expectations of a stick being whacked at someone's head? Should two players legitimately fighting similarly expect to knock unconscious their opponent? You've seen hockey fights; they aren't very coordinated or professional. Players are punching all over the place, so it isn't beyond reason--in fact, it's definitely easily in the realm of possibility--that a punch would land exactly where Bertuzzi's did.
Whether you intended to or not, you grossly distorted what was said. Stick vs. fist isn't even remotely at issue here. I listed the two other sucker punches of that magnitude I've seen in my life and the results from them. When blindsided like that, guys get seriously injured, period.

The McSorley incident was only referenced in regards to how McSorley handled himself after doing it. Bertuzzi keeps himself hidden away and has done nothing to respond to the incident or stand up and face the criticism like a man. McSorley did.


Quote:
I disagree that it is infrequent, but, rather than begin that particular argument again, I'll refer to my boarding and regular fighting argument (in some post), since I don't only include sucker punches in the list of potential dangerous situations.
If you disagree, feel free to list all the other incidents of sucker punches that are of that magnitude. I'll be waiting to hear all the others not including the two I've already provided. Because face washes and little rabbit punches are not comparable, I don't see you getting too far.

I have zero interest in bothering with this hypothetical stuff that you're trying to float. The only thing of even remote interest is how you are getting these conclusions from what you saw.

Quote:
I do not defend Bertuzzi's actions. I defend him from the cries of "ban him for life" or even "ban him for a year." He should get suspended because (and I don't know the actual NHL rules, so this is my opinion) it was a dirty, unprivileged punch that was intended to do harm. However, I believe the punch should only be examined on that basis. I do not think, again, that Moore's injuries should factor into Bertuzzi's suspension, *but I know they will be*. I have outlined my reasons for that belief in previous posts. In short, I feel fans are ignorant as to what can happen in a hockey game, and that they blatantly cheer for actions which could easily result in injuries--but, when they finally do result in injuries, the fans immediately jump down the throat of the "offending player" for daring to ruin their illusion of safety--after, of course, we all feel good about ourselves for clapping when the injured player gets up.
I find it rather humorous that you are calling other fans ignorant. And again, I believe Bertuzzi should face severe punishment and said as much well before the nature of Moore's injuries was known to the public. You're blathering on about all this superfluous stuff, but the point is that most fans know that you don't do what Bertuzzi did. Hockey players know you don't do what Bertuzzi did. Hell, a moron like Woody Paige probably knows you don't do what Bertuzzi did. The action itself was very grave and the punishment should match the action. Bertuzzi's punch was no run-of-the-mill punch, rabbit punch, facewash, or whatever else, and the sooner you figure that out, the better off you'll likely be.


Quote:
Also, because such things as big hits and fighting are sanctioned by the NHL, and such things could very much lead to *serious injury* to players, and because the NHL only hands out middling penalties like "roughing" when sucker-punches are thrown, even though many such punches could lead to serious injury, and because the image of a hard-hitting NHL is marketable, and because the fans are cheering up until they see the sight of blood or stillness, I find it distasteful and classless to crucify Bertuzzi for doing what so many other players have done before--only with luckier results to the cheers of the crowd.
Again, a sucker punch like what Bertuzzi threw is not a roughing penalty and not many other players have ever done what Bertuzzi did in terms of that sucker punch. You're clouding the issue of Bertuzzi with all these other philosophical beliefs that really are irrelevant to the Bertuzzi situation. That's all I have to say; if you can't come back with something more than some philosophical nonsense, I will not continue this conversation either. I've got better things to talk about if that's all you're going to go on about.

Laperriere22* is offline  
Old
03-10-2004, 05:07 PM
  #259
DuckyCanuck
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 121
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bookman
HeeHee, that's too rich! Somebody picking on poor Matt Cooke, the innocent angel who never gets into trouble. Hee hee. Moore is 6'1 210. Cooke is 5'11 205. Close enough. If everybody who checks a star player on another team has to expect something to happen, this game is royally hosed. How much music does one have to face? If this was so important, why didn't the Canucks do something about it Denver?

Now I like to play devil's advocate as much as anybody, but if you apologists really think you are going to convince anybody that Bertuzzi's actions were justified, you're dreaming. It's like the gunman saying, "I didn't mean to kill him, I just wanted to wing him."
I wasn't justifying his actions. Just breaking down what happened before.

Matt Cooke is not innocent angel, but he can't fight. He's got a height and reach disadvantage.

This game is hosed? How long have you watched hocker for? Every team has their protectors to look after their stars.

Why do you watch hockey? To watch talented players score or a bunch of clutching, hacking, grabbing and dogpiling players? Personally I like to see the stars play.

DuckyCanuck is offline  
Old
03-10-2004, 05:19 PM
  #260
DuckyCanuck
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 121
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laperriere22
Trouble is there's all this hypothetical and theoretical nonsense being used. Of course guys in fights are throwing punches as hard as possible; the difference is clearly that guys in fights know they are in fights. Even when they turtle, they know they're in a fight and you are trying to defend yourself. Bertuzzi's punch removed any chance of Moore defending himself.
Right that's why it was cheap. But Moore knew it was coming.



Quote:
Originally Posted by Laperriere22
I play hockey all the time and no one reasonably expects a guy to sucker somebody like that. Hence the reason it's taboo and rarely seen. It's easy to believe Bertuzzi meant to seriously injure Moore because the organization established motive and Bertuzzi then preceded to coldcock an unsuspecting player. Are we to expect that Moore is some sort of action hero that takes punches without being phased? With motive already established, what part of the incident suggests serious injury wasn't intended? Punching a guy from the side like that causes serious injury; always does. So, if you choose to punch a guy like that, what else could Bertuzzi have hoped would happen? Not that I care to hear what will be provided in response, but honestly, there's a reason why there's an outrage and it ain't because it's Bertuzzi that did it. It is because of the act itself.
I didn't know a player could be knocked cold from a being punch on the side of the head like that but I could be wrong.



Quote:
Originally Posted by Laperriere22
No need to change the subject. Boarding often happens within a split second anyway and there are only a few players that I've seen that will happily run a guy from behind. How do you prove intent in such a situation? Bertuzzi's intent was clear and personally, I'm starting to doubt whether you've ever played the game at any level. The act is heinous and I've already stated that I judged Bertuzzi's act separately and well before I heard what injuries Moore had sustained. I'll provide a link to it if you require it. If someone wants to judge the act because of the injury, that's their prerogative. Personally, I go by the act itself and it disgusted me. And I'm a rather coldblooded ******* as it is; so, I'm not having some fit of drama over it. Plain and simple, you don't do what Bertuzzi did, for any reason under the moon.
I agree with you there.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Laperriere22
Whether you intended to or not, you grossly distorted what was said. Stick vs. fist isn't even remotely at issue here. I listed the two other sucker punches of that magnitude I've seen in my life and the results from them. When blindsided like that, guys get seriously injured, period.

The McSorley incident was only referenced in regards to how McSorley handled himself after doing it. Bertuzzi keeps himself hidden away and has done nothing to respond to the incident or stand up and face the criticism like a man. McSorley did.
Apparently Bertuzzi's agent has tried to contact more and the Avs but hasn't gotten to anyone. Thier management, as well as the Canucks aren't saying much untill the NHL makes it's decision.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Laperriere22
If you disagree, feel free to list all the other incidents of sucker punches that are of that magnitude. I'll be waiting to hear all the others not including the two I've already provided. Because face washes and little rabbit punches are not comparable, I don't see you getting too far.

I have zero interest in bothering with this hypothetical stuff that you're trying to float. The only thing of even remote interest is how you are getting these conclusions from what you saw.
Same here, what I saw happen with that tape exclusively is totally different than others.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Laperriere22
I find it rather humorous that you are calling other fans ignorant. And again, I believe Bertuzzi should face severe punishment and said as much well before the nature of Moore's injuries was known to the public. You're blathering on about all this superfluous stuff, but the point is that most fans know that you don't do what Bertuzzi did. Hockey players know you don't do what Bertuzzi did. Hell, a moron like Woody Paige probably knows you don't do what Bertuzzi did. The action itself was very grave and the punishment should match the action. Bertuzzi's punch was no run-of-the-mill punch, rabbit punch, facewash, or whatever else, and the sooner you figure that out, the better off you'll likely be.
No comment on the first sentence, but I haven't come across many explainations as thought out and coherent as yours.

I personally think he should get 10-15 games.




Again, a sucker punch like what Bertuzzi threw is not a roughing penalty and not many other players have ever done what Bertuzzi did in terms of that sucker punch. You're clouding the issue of Bertuzzi with all these other philosophical beliefs that really are irrelevant to the Bertuzzi situation. That's all I have to say; if you can't come back with something more than some philosophical nonsense, I will not continue this conversation either. I've got better things to talk about if that's all you're going to go on about.[/QUOTE]

DuckyCanuck is offline  
Old
03-10-2004, 05:53 PM
  #261
Renion
Registered User
 
Renion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Country: United States
Posts: 7,044
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laperriere22
Trouble is there's all this hypothetical and theoretical nonsense being used. Of course guys in fights are throwing punches as hard as possible; the difference is clearly that guys in fights know they are in fights. Even when they turtle, they know they're in a fight and you are trying to defend yourself. Bertuzzi's punch removed any chance of Moore defending himself.
Yes, it did remove any chance of Moore defending himself. I wasn't comparing regular fighting to sucker punching in that respect. I was comparing the two as being dangerous activities that could result in serious injury, just like boarding could quite easily lead to serious injury.


Quote:
I play hockey all the time and no one reasonably expects a guy to sucker somebody like that. Hence the reason it's taboo and rarely seen. It's easy to believe Bertuzzi meant to seriously injure Moore because the organization established motive and Bertuzzi then preceded to coldcock an unsuspecting player. Are we to expect that Moore is some sort of action hero that takes punches without being phased? With motive already established, what part of the incident suggests serious injury wasn't intended? Punching a guy from the side like that causes serious injury; always does. So, if you choose to punch a guy like that, what else could Bertuzzi have hoped would happen? Not that I care to hear what will be provided in response, but honestly, there's a reason why there's an outrage and it ain't because it's Bertuzzi that did it. It is because of the act itself.
I actually meant that I don't believe hockey players reasonably expect other players to immediately fall unconscious, even when they have thrown a sucker punch. I believe that because of the nature of the average NHL hockey game, and its culture of controlled violence.

When I say "seriously injure," I mean a fractured neck and a concussion. Do you believe Bertuzzi meant to seriously injure Moore in that fashion? (If you have said it elsewhere, I apologize for asking.)

Since you ask me for proof later on, I'd like to see proof that punching a guy in the side of the head, as Bertuzzi did, *always* causes *serious injury*. I don't expect you to give it to me, and I don't actually reasonably expect that you should have to give it to me. It's opinion like anything else, even if you are trying to pass it off as an absolute.

I still do not believe that Bertuzzi intended to do anything but pummel Moore. Because of the nature of hockey (how it's marketed, how it's played, how the players talk about it, and so forth), I do not find it unreasonable to suggest that Bertuzzi meant to hurt Moore, but he did not mean to seriously injure Moore. Similarly, again, I do not find it unreasonable to suggest that Bertuzzi should not have even anticipated that his punch to Moore would result in serious injury.

You and I, on the street, will have a different view than the players on the ice of what might happen if a 250 pound man punches another on the head, but I feel the hockey rink, the fans, and even the league, encourages a different mindset in the players.

Quote:
No need to change the subject. Boarding often happens within a split second anyway and there are only a few players that I've seen that will happily run a guy from behind. How do you prove intent in such a situation? Bertuzzi's intent was clear and personally, I'm starting to doubt whether you've ever played the game at any level. The act is heinous and I've already stated that I judged Bertuzzi's act separately and well before I heard what injuries Moore had sustained. I'll provide a link to it if you require it. If someone wants to judge the act because of the injury, that's their prerogative. Personally, I go by the act itself and it disgusted me. And I'm a rather coldblooded ******* as it is; so, I'm not having some fit of drama over it. Plain and simple, you don't do what Bertuzzi did, for any reason under the moon.
I was responding specifically to the word "heinous." You seem to believe it was Bertuzzi's intent to do serious injury to Moore, so I will concede that you are certainly free to call his punch "heinous." I simply disagree.

And I agree, and nowhere will you see me say otherwise, that you don't do what Bertuzzi did. Even so, I think what Bertuzzi did is encouraged, implicitly or otherwise, by any number of factors. That doesn't let him off the hook; it just means I think *more* blame should be handed around.


Quote:
The McSorley incident was only referenced in regards to how McSorley handled himself after doing it. Bertuzzi keeps himself hidden away and has done nothing to respond to the incident or stand up and face the criticism like a man. McSorley did.
I've heard he attempted to call Moore; I read, in an article, quoting a player, he was incredibly distraught. Also, from what I recall of the type of person Bertuzzi is in "real life," from various features I've read and interviews with people who know him, I wouldn't be surprised at all if he is taking this incredibly badly. He seems the sensitive sort, and judging Bertuzzi based on his lack of presence in the media is quite unfair. It also seems unfair to hold him up to another man's personality. But, overall, it's subjective to the extreme to judge Bertuzzi by what you consider being "manly." Either way, are you so willing to believe he's a monster who doesn't care what the results of his actions are? You imply that when you attack the fact that he hasn't been out in the public eye responding to all of our opinions.


Quote:
If you disagree, feel free to list all the other incidents of sucker punches that are of that magnitude. I'll be waiting to hear all the others not including the two I've already provided. Because face washes and little rabbit punches are not comparable, I don't see you getting too far.
Obviously, I don't tape games with the intention for using them in arguments like this. The only reason we don't hear about the other sucker punches (other than for longer than an hour or so), is because the victims didn't fall unconscious.

I don't see you getting too far, again, proving that all punches, such as those Bertuzzi threw, cause serious injury. But I don't expect you to have to prove that.


Quote:
I find it rather humorous that you are calling other fans ignorant. And again, I believe Bertuzzi should face severe punishment and said as much well before the nature of Moore's injuries was known to the public. You're blathering on about all this superfluous stuff, but the point is that most fans know that you don't do what Bertuzzi did. Hockey players know you don't do what Bertuzzi did. Hell, a moron like Woody Paige probably knows you don't do what Bertuzzi did. The action itself was very grave and the punishment should match the action. Bertuzzi's punch was no run-of-the-mill punch, rabbit punch, facewash, or whatever else, and the sooner you figure that out, the better off you'll likely be.
Well, I rather consistently include myself in the category of fans who enjoy the sight of huge and dangerous hits, potentially dangerous fights, and so forth.

And, again, this fan also knows that you don't do what Bertuzzi did. That's why you get suspended for such things. You don't get banned for life or even banned for a year, however, for throwing a sucker punch. The most common reason for that ban is the results of Bertuzzi's sucker punch. I disagree that the results (Moore's injuries) should dictate a vastly greater punishment for Bertuzzi than for the other sucker punches (and so forth) that only earn a middling punishment.

My entire point (when I haven't gone off in other directions, that is) has always been I don't feel Bertuzzi's punch warrants a life ban from hockey or even a one-year ban from hockey.

Quote:
Again, a sucker punch like what Bertuzzi threw is not a roughing penalty and not many other players have ever done what Bertuzzi did in terms of that sucker punch. You're clouding the issue of Bertuzzi with all these other philosophical beliefs that really are irrelevant to the Bertuzzi situation. That's all I have to say; if you can't come back with something more than some philosophical nonsense, I will not continue this conversation either. I've got better things to talk about if that's all you're going to go on about.
Very few things are irrelevant to this situation, but it's not like you were forced to even think about my "philosophical nonsense" . There aren't even many facts about this situation yet. We know Bertuzzi punched Moore; we know Moore passed out; we know Moore suffered neck fractures. Just about all else, no matter how many times you watch the video, no matter how strong your opinion, is conjecture. I'm included in that as well, obviously.

(This isn't directed at you.) I keep hearing how, "There's no defense," or, "How dare you even try to explain this," and various other, frankly, odd comments. The truth of the matter is there most definitely is a defense, and defending Bertuzzi does not mean he isn't guilty of something. If this goes to trial, people are free to tell his lawyer that Bertuzzi has no defense, but I don't think he will pay much attention.

Renion is offline  
Old
03-10-2004, 06:18 PM
  #262
KariyaIsGod*
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Posts: 4,140
vCash: 500
[QUOTE=DuckyCanuck]
Matt Cooke is not innocent angel, but he can't fight. He's got a height and reach disadvantage.
[QUOTE]

By 2 whole inches...

KariyaIsGod* is offline  
Old
03-10-2004, 06:24 PM
  #263
Old Hickory
Guest
 
Country:
Posts: n/a
vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckyCanuck

I didn't know a player could be knocked cold from a being punch on the side of the head like that but I could be wrong.
You are very wrong. Most people, hockey players or otherwise, who are sucker punched get knocked out

 
Old
03-10-2004, 06:26 PM
  #264
Sakic19
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Left Wing
Posts: 640
vCash: 500
[QUOTE=KariyaIsGod][QUOTE=DuckyCanuck]
Matt Cooke is not innocent angel, but he can't fight. He's got a height and reach disadvantage.
Quote:

By 2 whole inches...
KIG, this may be the first time you and I have agreed on anything, but I'd also like to point out Moore isn't exactly a bruiser either. It was his one and only NHL fight.

Sakic19 is offline  
Old
03-10-2004, 06:40 PM
  #265
Mules
Waiting for hockey
 
Mules's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 7,010
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckyCanuck
I wasn't justifying his actions. Just breaking down what happened before.

Matt Cooke is not innocent angel, but he can't fight. He's got a height and reach disadvantage.

This game is hosed? How long have you watched hocker for? Every team has their protectors to look after their stars.

Why do you watch hockey? To watch talented players score or a bunch of clutching, hacking, grabbing and dogpiling players? Personally I like to see the stars play.
Matt Cooke can't fight? Height and reach disadvantage? Am I reading right?

Moore is a whole 2 inches taller than "small" Cooke. I guess Canuck fans were disappointed to see their fighter got whooped up by Moore. And... Moore actually scored in the first game. OUCH.

Mules is offline  
Old
03-10-2004, 07:04 PM
  #266
monster_bertuzzi
registered user
 
monster_bertuzzi's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 29,519
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mules
Matt Cooke can't fight? Height and reach disadvantage? Am I reading right?

Moore is a whole 2 inches taller than "small" Cooke. I guess Canuck fans were disappointed to see their fighter got whooped up by Moore. And... Moore actually scored in the first game. OUCH.
You're trying to make Nuck fans feel bad when in reality theres a 25 year old kid in hospital with a broken neck. Not cool.

monster_bertuzzi is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:22 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.