HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Rink
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
The Rink For the not so ready for prime-time players, coaches, referees, and the people that have to live with them. Discuss experiences in local leagues, coaching tips, equipment, and training.

Cutting a Stick

Old
08-15-2007, 12:09 PM
McNasty

vCash: 500
Yea but Bauer shows flex intervals towards the top of the shaft, so you know what the flex will be based on how its cut, like my One90 is an 83 flex because of where it was cut

McNasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-15-2007, 03:02 PM
greekdrummer

Send a message via AIM to greekdrummer
yeah i know about the more you cut it, the stiffer it gets. im cutting mine between the 74 and 80 flex interval

greekdrummer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-15-2007, 11:04 PM
sc37

vCash: 450
Quote:
Originally Posted by greekdrummer View Post
ok thanks ^ also does anyone have any suggestions on how to cut straight?
The tape thing someone mentioned works...but drawing a line and taking your saw and cutting a tiny groove into the line before you start to seriously saw works fine. Sounds like you've cut wood sticks before...just the same. Don't worry so much Plus, the straightness isn't that big of an issues unless you are reallllly inept cause you cover most of the area with tape/knob anyways so it's not gonna be really noticeable. But be sure to stick that cap or plug back in....taking a core sample of someone or getting your finger caught isn't a good thing.

sc37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-15-2007, 11:07 PM
greekdrummer

Send a message via AIM to greekdrummer
Quote:
Originally Posted by sc37 View Post
The tape thing someone mentioned works...but drawing a line and taking your saw and cutting a tiny groove into the line before you start to seriously saw works fine. Sounds like you've cut wood sticks before...just the same. Don't worry so much Plus, the straightness isn't that big of an issues unless you are reallllly inept cause you cover most of the area with tape/knob anyways so it's not gonna be really noticeable. But be sure to stick that cap or plug back in....taking a core sample of someone or getting your finger caught isn't a good thing.
ok thanks dude, so to put the plug in, i just pop it out the top piece i cut off and then stick it back in the top of the remaining stick

greekdrummer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-16-2007, 09:36 AM
Jarick
Doing Nothing

Yep it's just a rubber piece that pops in and out.

Jarick is offline   Reply With Quote