Voters: 146. You may not vote on this poll

Old
07-23-2007, 04:52 PM
KevFist
is best pony

vCash: 500
So does this equation work?

Michael Vick=Kordell Stewart

That is, when it comes to playing football....Not personally.

KevFist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2007, 04:58 PM
btn
Gone Hollywood

Quote:
Originally Posted by oneel View Post
So does this equation work?

Michael Vick=Kordell Stewart

That is, when it comes to playing football....Not personally.
Vick is many times the pro football player that Slash was.

btn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2007, 05:48 PM
Mushi-moo

Subtract the hype and that's debatable.

Mushi-moo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2007, 06:29 PM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

Send a message via AIM to Bird Law
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mushi-moo View Post
Subtract the hype and that's debatable.
Certainly is. Vick has hardly done anything great in his career so far. All hype right now.

Bird Law is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2007, 06:50 PM
jk421*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valhoun View Post
The Feds got involved because he committed a Federal crime. They have to get involved. He was just indicted by a Federal Grand Jury that his nothing to do with the local police who may have their own charges. Contrary to popular belief (and most 1980s cop movies), "the Feds" don't take over crime scenes/cases for the publicity. They do it because a Federal crime has been committed.

The evidence, especially due to his cousin's cooperation, is pretty damning right now. Vick threw his cousin under the bus and his cousin didn't take it very well. Witnesses have Vick transporting dogs, organizing events, placing bets, and executing dogs. Right now I am sure the FBI is going through his financial records to see where he bought/who built the necessary structures and kennels involved and if they can trace the money he bet on the fights.

Say what you will about the FBI but they are really, really great at tracing money. But I am willing to bet that Vick wasn't exactly secret about using his money for purchases and to gamble with. Vick's greatest asset right now is time. This won't be going to trial for a very long time so he should get to play the entire next season.

If this case goes to trial, even if the evidence is borderline, it will destroy Vick's public image (even moreso than it is now) and you will be seeing all of the pictures of dead dogs every night on the news. No, instead I think he takes a plea deal during the next offseason, if one is offered. If one isn't offered than he almost has to plea no contest. A no contest plea will prevent a lot of the media circus.

He should be able to play, but Fox 5 news in Atlanta is reporting he will be taking a leave of absence.

Not to mention the huge distraction he will be to his team. The crowds will eat him up both at home and at away games. I'm sure PETA and/or other organizations will be protesting at every Falcons game.

http://www.myfoxatlanta.com/myfox/pa...Y&pageId=1.1.1

jk421* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2007, 09:36 PM
xeric716x
Born To Expire

according to ESPN news, the NHL ordered Vick to not show up to camp.

xeric716x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2007, 11:28 PM
Vector

Wow, Bettman sure is trying to stretch his influence.

Vector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2007, 11:48 AM
Boognish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krndevil View Post
See, thats a very ignorant comment. Im sure if you were the pimp or whatever, you would beat up a prostitute or sex slave or whatever that was trying to escape. Thats pretty inhumane considering that they are all human, let alone torturing them mentally by making them slaves. Mental torturing can be brutal as physical ones. At least in this case, Vick wasnt killing his own kind. Thats better than torturing and killing his own.
That whistling sound is the point sailing over your pointy head. Thanks for playing.

Boognish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2007, 11:55 AM
illogic

Quote:
Originally Posted by slava View Post
according to ESPN news, the NHL ordered Vick to not show up to camp.
I hear the NBA and MLB are next.

illogic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2007, 11:57 AM
illogic

Quote:
Originally Posted by btn View Post
I have seen more outrage over this, than when illegal immigrants are held as virtual slaves in brothels/spas in THIS country.
I'm pretty sure the outrage displayed here would have been multiplied ten-fold or more if Vick made slaves out of illegal immigrants.

illogic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2007, 09:50 AM
The Korean*

Send a message via AIM to The Korean* Send a message via Yahoo to The Korean*
PETA is no better than Michael Vick. Remember that all.

The Korean* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2007, 02:24 PM
Vagrant
The Czech Condor

Send a message via AIM to Vagrant
Curious to me how every time a social injustice is exposed, people who have a stake in the matter quickly throw another social injustice to the forefront in an attempt to minimalize the impact of the allegations. Vick has nothing to do with enslaved minorities, to the extent of my knowledge. Why that would even come up in a debate regarding dog fighting is beyond me. The only reasons you should be defending Vick are the following:

1. You think he is innocent of the charges. Totally and 100% oblivious to what was happening on his property with these dogs.

2. You admit to being as biased as possible and want nothing but what is best for the Atlanta Falcons.

3. You fight dogs and would rather it not recieve the attention that it is recieving.

To me, any variation of a point defending these alleged actions is based in one of these three categories.

Vagrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2007, 03:50 PM
DungeonK
Love Thy Neighbor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caniacforever View Post
Curious to me how every time a social injustice is exposed, people who have a stake in the matter quickly throw another social injustice to the forefront in an attempt to minimalize the impact of the allegations. Vick has nothing to do with enslaved minorities, to the extent of my knowledge. Why that would even come up in a debate regarding dog fighting is beyond me. The only reasons you should be defending Vick are the following:

1. You think he is innocent of the charges. Totally and 100% oblivious to what was happening on his property with these dogs.

2. You admit to being as biased as possible and want nothing but what is best for the Atlanta Falcons.

3. You fight dogs and would rather it not recieve the attention that it is recieving.

To me, any variation of a point defending these alleged actions is based in one of these three categories.
4. You're in denial that your extremely fun to watch, all-star quarterback will never play again because he is a moron

DungeonK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2007, 04:17 PM
isles20*

If vick was good this would have been fully he is innocent and a good guy. You guys just bag on him cause he had a couple of rough seasons.

isles20* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2007, 04:29 PM
Vagrant
The Czech Condor

Send a message via AIM to Vagrant
Quote:
Originally Posted by DungeonK View Post
4. You're in denial that your extremely fun to watch, all-star quarterback will never play again because he is a moron
I'm not sure that is the case. I think he'll miss this entire season defending himself in court, plea down to a lesser charge, and be back on the field for the start of next season after doing various sensitivity training ...blah blah blah ...you know what i'm getting at here. I really doubt the NFL would deny his appeal for reinstatement even if he was charged with these crimes. They always mention the maximum penalty but they hardly ever mention the minimum from what i've seen. There is a chance Vick could get out of this without jail time even if proven guilty to some of the charges.

Blank has made it pretty obvious they're going to stand by Vick until something is proven one way or another. That will ensure that Vick is a Falcon for at least the upcoming season as his trial will likely run through the entire season. Where it goes from there is up to the courts and Blank himself.

Vagrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2007, 10:09 AM
StevenintheATL

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLien View Post

I won't say whether or not Vick is a 'bad guy', but no matter how this case ends he is guilty of being stupid:

1.Ron Mexico
2.Flipping off the home fans
3.The water bottle incident
4.This BS
As referenced earlier in this thread the dogfighting allegations are just the latest in a long line well publicized incidents regarding Vick. The Falcons even have a guy (Billy "White Shoes" Johnson) assigned to essentially C.M.V.A (cover Mike Vick's ass) and there are incidents involving him that essentially got covered up at the request of Falcons' management. The details in the water bottle incident changed really quickly. The "Ron Mexico" case was settled and the terms of the settlement were sealed at the request of the Falcons' lawyers. Essentially, this indictment isn't something that some money can be thrown at to be forgotten about.

Some of the events prior to the Federal indictment were already costing him endorsement deals. The "dirty bird" he gave to the home crowd, the MIA water bottle incident, and then the no-show up in D.C. for some Congressional Breakfast are part and parcel the main reason why his contract with AirTran wasn't renewed (two of the three incidents above involved him and AirTran flights).

Even if he played no part in the dogfighting, that fact that this was happening on property he owns, makes him guilty by association.

With one of his co-defendants looking to be flipping and taking a plea deal, things may be looking bleaker for him.

I've also been hearing rumors that Vick may not be the "big name" in this entire case. Supposedly, there's a very high profile NBA player involved in this as well, but there is insufficient evidence in which to indict him on.

StevenintheATL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2007, 12:31 PM
Boognish

Quote:
Originally Posted by isles20 View Post
If vick was good this would have been fully he is innocent and a good guy. You guys just bag on him cause he had a couple of rough seasons.
Yes, we all love us some dog fighting down here in the South. This is just an excuse for the entire city to take a big crap on Mike Vick.

Boognish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2007, 01:19 PM
gamera

Send a message via ICQ to gamera Send a message via AIM to gamera Send a message via MSN to gamera Send a message via Yahoo to gamera
i was at the laser show at stone mountain park the other night and they have this part where all the sports teams are shown up there on the side of the mountain....braves, thrashers, falcons, etc. they all have music in the background and you know what the background music was for the falcons???????????

WHO LET THE DOGS OUT!!!

i kid you not. the entire crowd laughed or just was like "holy crap i can't believe they played that!!!"

(they have had the same song up there for the falcons for years, btw)

gamera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2007, 05:30 PM
Going Back to Cally
Sons of Pirates

vCash: 169
Quote:
Originally Posted by gamera View Post
i was at the laser show at stone mountain park the other night and they have this part where all the sports teams are shown up there on the side of the mountain....braves, thrashers, falcons, etc. they all have music in the background and you know what the background music was for the falcons???????????

WHO LET THE DOGS OUT!!!

i kid you not. the entire crowd laughed or just was like "holy crap i can't believe they played that!!!"

You think they would have changed that by now.

08-07-2007, 08:59 PM
MJCULE

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamera View Post

WHO LET THE DOGS OUT!!!

that may have made my day

MJCULE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-09-2007, 02:59 PM
kracker1

Quote:
Originally Posted by DougKnowsBest View Post
ron mexico desearves to be thrown into jail for a long time.

thats just wrong. so sick.

how much are you guys kicking yourselfs for keeping him and getting rid of the other guy.
yep. coulda had LT & drew brees

kracker1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-09-2007, 03:04 PM
kracker1

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJCULE View Post
yeah i agree innocent until proven guilty. i think/assume like you that hes guilty and a bad guy with low morales. i was just wondering if you guys new anything else
He had the face to face with the owner & the commish and told them he had nothing to do with any of it. People don't like being looked in the eye and lied to, especially paying them many millions of $$$.

That he's thru in Atlanta is almost a certainty. The healing has already begun.

kracker1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-16-2007, 05:00 PM
Adrian18

Send a message via MSN to Adrian18
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caner Soze View Post
Vick and his brother aren't exactly model citizens, that's all I'll say. I think there's a very small chance that's he's innocent, and a very small chance that he will be proven innoncent (like 5%).
Guilty without reasonable doubt. 5% is reasonable doubt

Adrian18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-16-2007, 05:37 PM
Magnus Fulgur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krndevil View Post
PETA is no better than Michael Vick. Remember that all.
No, we won't be remembering that.

There's a lot that PETA does that I severely dislike, but I dislike animal torture and racketeering more.

Also, PETA doesn't knowingly give hook-ups herpes, and PETA doesn't try to board planes with drug paraphernalia, and PETA's posse doesn't steal watches.

Also nobody at PETA is given over $100 MILLION dollars to be a jerk.

But yeah, Vick lied to Arthur Blank's face about this all anyhow, so he's just a wonderful dude.

Go back and read the indictment...

Last edited by Magnus Fulgur: 08-16-2007 at 05:44 PM.
Magnus Fulgur is offline   Reply With Quote