Ilya Nikulin

Old
07-17-2007, 02:42 PM
DungeonK
Love Thy Neighbor

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muscle Bob View Post
It's not me, it is you. Why I don't read such bs from swedish or finnish posters ? Why only americans are experts and know everything better then you ?
What have you quoted ? Heeeeelo. 90s are gone. But of course "death threats", aha.
I don't hate anybody, all I was doing was stating reported facts and you two (now three) guys went crazy. And the fact that you have not read Finnish or Swedish posters mention Russian hockey's pressure on young players wanting to leave the country is probably because there are maybe 1/10th at most of them in comparison to North American posters on this English-speaking board. What's more, I haven't claimed to "know" anything better than you, only put forth stated facts and articles in order to support my original opinion, which you attacked. If those articles made you angry, just say why that is, and what you feel is the truth. It would serve you much better than "AMERICANS THINK THEY KNOW EVERYTHING LOL".

DungeonK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2007, 02:46 PM
Muscle Bob

Quote:
Originally Posted by #37
Yeah thats not true, everyone knows Fetisov drove Malkin to the airport and helped him with his luggage. There was no pressure at all to keep him in the country. That 3 a.m. visit? That was just some friends stopping by to say hi. But that was 2 years ago, ancient history.. name something recent!!...
DungeonK, look at him. HE KNOWS EVERYTHING.
Have read 1 article HE KNOWS WHO WAS THERE, WHAT KIND OF PRESSURE THERE WAS, HOW MANY GUNS, ETC. E-V-E-R-Y-T-H-I-N-G. Malkin parents moving to NA because they get threats ? Sure ! ****ing Russia ! Ah, wait. That was lie. Yeah, that was lie. But who cares now, when guys like #37 exist ? I'm sure he has just not read that article about Malkin parents, otherwise he would be telling me about it right now, like he was there.

Muscle Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2007, 03:18 PM
DungeonK
Love Thy Neighbor

Quote:
Have read 1 article HE KNOWS WHO WAS THERE, WHAT KIND OF PRESSURE THERE WAS, HOW MANY GUNS, ETC. E-V-E-R-Y-T-H-I-N-G. Malkin parents moving to NA because they get threats ? Sure ! ****ing Russia ! Ah, wait. That was lie. Yeah, that was lie. But who cares now, when guys like #37 exist ? I'm sure he has just not read that article about Malkin parents, otherwise he would be telling me about it right now, like he was there.
So I guess he's American, not Canadian, Swedish, or Finnish? I believe the things he said were based on trusting new reports, which is really all anybody can do if they weren't there. He never mentioned guns, or Malkin's parents. You need to calm down... If you are in disbelief about this whole situation, here is an account of what happened straight from Malkin's mouth:

http://www.russianprospects.com/publ...article_id=473

Quote:
You took care of the apartment too, didn’t you?
JP Barry: Yes, we rented an apartment and got a hold of some Finnish assistants who organized everything. When Evgeni passed the customs control, he saw us right away and approached us.

Did Velichkin see this?
JP Barry: I doubt it. The team was just going through the passport control and was picking up it’s luggage. These situations are always chaotic and it’s hard to look after everyone. Evgeni came up to us and we took him aside, went down the escalators and came out to the van that we had parked before which took us to the apartment.

It’s like some kind of James Bond...
JP Barry: Put it this way: our Finnish friends operated extremely effectively.
THOSE DAMN FINNS THINK THEY KNOW EVERYTHING ABOUT THE PRESSURES OF FLEEING RUSSIA TO PLAY IN THE NHL!!!

Old
07-17-2007, 03:41 PM
btn
Gone Hollywood

Let's keep it civil folks.

btn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2007, 03:44 PM

Quote:
I actually kinda feel sorry for you.

#37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2007, 02:55 AM
Muscle Bob

Quote:
Originally Posted by DungeonK
I believe the things he said were based on trusting new reports, which is really all anybody can do if they weren't there.
That is your problem, you beleive too much.
Look at this thread:
http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=285990 and id*** Gilligan*. Just read his posts. Zine tells him that his wife is Russian and she says that source is a tabloid. But you know what ? HE KNOWS BETTER. Just read his posts....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilligan*
BUNCH OF BULL ??????????

you think his Mom is making this up ? or do you think they are risking libel charges by putting quotes in Mom/s mouth ??

Trust me,after velichkins sabre rattling,Russia does not need any help to look bad, Why would she do it ?

Quote:
Huh ? According to who ?? the national Enquirer is wrong on many things,but not EVERYTHING is wrong ?? Understand ?

I've seen more than one quote from Malkins Mom about how this whole thing was handled since day one and it seems to me the story line from her has been consistent. If Zhizn is a joke,she can just do as Tommy Maddoxe's wife did,or any one else,and dispute it,no ??
Quote:
you show me proof she didn't say it,then i believe you.

You'll have to excuse me if i go with a news source over your "opinion"

Otherwise,you're just reaching........
Look at this guy.... He has been told that that newspaper is a joke, but you already know - "he knows better".

Quote:
OK,i found it. It doesn't elaborate on thier plans,but the headline reads:

"Malkin’s Parents Fear Son’s Fans, Plan to Leave Hometown"

http://www.mosnews.com/news/2006/09/01/malkin.shtml

Well,i have alot of nice places available and i would be proud to have the Malkins as my neighbors.
Here he posts link to a website that used an article from the same tabloid.
And yeah, look at his tone in all his messages. He is sure that he is right and only he.

This is how many of you look from a side.

Old
07-18-2007, 06:44 AM
Raggamuffin

C'mon now DungeonK, you seem to think this is standard practice based on a few incidents. I can understand why these guys are jumping on you. I'm sure they know the situation over there a lot better then you do.

Raggamuffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2007, 11:11 AM
DungeonK
Love Thy Neighbor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raggamuffin View Post
C'mon now DungeonK, you seem to think this is standard practice based on a few incidents. I can understand why these guys are jumping on you. I'm sure they know the situation over there a lot better then you do.
Yes, thank you Raggamuffin (and Muscle Bob too now that you've calmed down). Now that I read my original post it was over the top. I should not have put "death threats", that is way overboard, and rarely pertinent. But the fact remains that the Russian hockey federation does not want Russian hockey players to leave for the NHL, as evidenced by their lack of support for any sort of fair transfer agreement. (Of course by fair I mean to the players, not to the people of Russia. I would probably be extremely frustrated as well if as soon a young superstar appeared he bolted to another country to play, especially one with an unfriendly past).

I agree, trusting tabloids and random articles from left field is ill-advised, as they will print anything to get people to buy them.

Sorry for angering the HF Russians, I'll do my best to tone down the rhetoric next time I feel the urge to discuss mid to average grade Russian players and their chances of leaving for the NHL.

And by the way, my Uncle lives in Belarus, so last time I went over to see him we ended up taking a trip through Russia. The whole trip was great, but my favorite part was getting to see the architecture of St Petersburg. That and eating meals that I really can't find anywhere in Atlanta.

Old
07-18-2007, 12:31 PM
Muscle Bob

Quote:
Originally Posted by DungeonK
But the fact remains that the Russian hockey federation does not want Russian hockey players to leave for the NHL, as evidenced by their lack of support for any sort of fair transfer agreement.
So, you see, if your original post was like this I won't even post here.
Glad that you see the difference

Quote:
The whole trip was great, but my favorite part was getting to see the architecture of St Petersburg.
Was it in summer ? St Petersburg is especially beautifull in sunny summer day.

Old
07-18-2007, 12:58 PM
DungeonK
Love Thy Neighbor

Quote:
So, you see, if your original post was like this I won't even post here.
Glad that you see the difference

Was it in summer ? St Petersburg is especially beautifull in sunny summer day.
Yes, it was mid-July, very good temperatures when it was not raining

Old
08-17-2007, 07:04 PM
Holly Gunning

Mildly interesting, Alexander Ovechkin was the best man in Nikulin's recent wedding. He said he bought them luggage as a gift.

http://www.ericmcerlain.com/mt/mt-tb...&entry_id=7790

Ovechkin is a riot though, it's good reading just because it's him.

Holly Gunning is offline   Reply With Quote