HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Fantasy Hockey Talk > General Fantasy Talk
General Fantasy Talk Forum for fantasy leagues, mock and all time drafts, and hockey video games.

Trade offer for my #1 overall pick.

Old
08-17-2007, 04:05 PM
hawks35

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greek_physique View Post
But at the same token you could draft players like Kessel / Brule / Johnson / Mueller etc. in the late rounds because everyone will be stacking up on top end talent.

You have to remember.....this is a Dynasty League....you don't just think of the present situation. You have to think long term and having the best player in the game is the best way to build your franchise.

Crosby will get more assists then Ovechkin will get points most years...
"crosby will get more assists then ovehkin will get points most years"

This may be the most idiotic statement ive heard on these boards.

PEOPLE...this isnt difficult...If you can get AO plus TWO other HIGH draft picks you do it...this is a fantasy hockey league...it doesnt matter that crosby is the best player in the league..you dont get extra points for that...the only thing that matters are the points....Unless crobsy is going to get 300 pts a year, which im sure on these boards many of you think is a possibility lol, you do this trade.

Its very simple...AO=100pts a year + lets say Kessel=60pts a year(low balling) + Mueller=60pts a year (again, trying to lowball to make a point)=this all equals 220pts

Crosby=150pts a year (being generous)

Hey, look at that...220pts is greater than 150pts...DO THE TRADE.

hawks35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-17-2007, 04:07 PM
RocheBag

Send a message via AIM to RocheBag Send a message via MSN to RocheBag
^exactly. I would also put Kessel around 80 per, but you already mentioned that.

RocheBag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-17-2007, 06:01 PM
Heske_44

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCherryPickers View Post

PEOPLE...this isnt difficult...If you can get AO plus TWO other HIGH draft picks you do it...this is a fantasy hockey league...it doesnt matter that crosby is the best player in the league..you dont get extra points for that...the only thing that matters are the points....Unless crobsy is going to get 300 pts a year, which im sure on these boards many of you think is a possibility lol, you do this trade.

Its very simple...AO=100pts a year + lets say Kessel=60pts a year(low balling) + Mueller=60pts a year (again, trying to lowball to make a point)=this all equals 220pts

Crosby=150pts a year (being generous)

Hey, look at that...220pts is greater than 150pts...DO THE TRADE.
Not entirely true. If there are protections then that means the first and second rounders will have to replace two players. If both those players are getting 35pts average then the deal is a wash. It is pretty simple, you are correct.

150pts is not unreasonable and it is not unreasonable to suggest that Sid gets 90-100 assists which should put him in range of Ovy's point total period (or potentially).

Pool mags are already starting to suggest poolies pull the Wayne Gretzky rule where a one team will get Sid's assists and another team his goals.

BTW - who said that Mueller will get 60pts and how is that a lowball? I think that is a fairly generous proposal of points for a player yet to play a NHL game. He'll hit it but will it happen in the next two seasons...who knows. What we do know is that AO is good for 90-100pts with a slight increase and Sid should be within 120-135 based on Malkin getting better as well. So the rest is speculation and not guaranteed.

They haven't labeled him as the next Gretz for 5 years for nothing....

Heske_44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-17-2007, 06:22 PM
Greek_physique
Caron - Legit SNIPER

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCherryPickers View Post

Ovechkin = 106 points / 92points
Crosby = 102 points / 120ponts (84assists)

AO is a talented player and I'm not taking anything against him....however, IMO....Ovechkin will never win or even contend for the Art Ross. Yes, he is a superb talent....yes he is one of the better players in the league.....but he is a SNIPER! I have him on my dynasty team however the reason I like him is because he gets goals and plays the wing position(tough position to find goals). But if I had the chance to package him for Crosby, I wouldn't think twice about it.

Also, I still don't understand why people keep comparing 3 players to 1 in that trade because he will replace those other 2 players via Waiver Wire.....and I'm pretty sure he'll find players that have potential to at least crack the 60point mark....and to say Crosby doesn't have the potential to crack 200 is wrong.....the kid is already picking apart the NHL and he is only 20!!

08-17-2007, 07:07 PM
mlugia
That other guy

On the other hand, what if Ovechkin finds someone to play with who wasn't Zubrus (Let's say someone like Malkin on the PP, for example)? No reason to believe he can't break the 120 pt mark himself, especially with the much heralded Backstrom on the doorstep.

mlugia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-17-2007, 07:33 PM
Greek_physique
Caron - Legit SNIPER

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlugia View Post
On the other hand, what if Ovechkin finds someone to play with who wasn't Zubrus (Let's say someone like Malkin on the PP, for example)? No reason to believe he can't break the 120 pt mark himself, especially with the much heralded Backstrom on the doorstep.
That is also true...however his game could also change quite a bit with Nylander / Backstrom on the team. Just look at Kovalchuk after a few years when Heatley/Hossa and Savard came onto the team.

Crosby has Staal / Malkin on that team for a very very long team...I think I'll take the Penguins offense over a lot of teams in the team.

Greek_physique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-17-2007, 07:56 PM
mlugia
That other guy

I think the answer depends on the quality of the picks. Like someone above said, if they keep 3, then the 1st/2nd picks are equivalent to the (assuming 12 team league) 37-49th best player and the 60-72th best player in the leagues. That might be a worthwhile trade simply because the talent available there would be excellent picks.

On the flipside, if you keep like 12 players, then the picks aren't going to be good enough for me to let go of Crosby for.

mlugia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-17-2007, 08:07 PM
BadNewsBearcat

What are the scoring categories in your league?

BadNewsBearcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-18-2007, 12:07 AM
NashisCash

That would be a brutal deal for you. Absolutely brutal. A 1st, 2nd and 3rd round ENTRY DRAFT pick don't come near to making up the value between Crosby and Ovechkin. Plus you don't even know where the guy's team will finish.

Awful awful move if you did it!

NashisCash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-18-2007, 12:41 AM
hawks35

Quote:
Originally Posted by NashisCash View Post
That would be a brutal deal for you. Absolutely brutal. A 1st, 2nd and 3rd round ENTRY DRAFT pick don't come near to making up the value between Crosby and Ovechkin. Plus you don't even know where the guy's team will finish.

Awful awful move if you did it!
e

Right, bc no threeplayers in the First three rounds of an entry draft will combine for the 30 point difference between crosby and ovechkin.

hawks35 is offline   Reply With Quote