Old
08-19-2007, 05:49 PM
Stevoinga

vCash: 500
What do the Thrashers need?

Centers?
Jason Allison?

I think we are full on D and G.

What other forwards are available, that we could afford, and could use?

Stevoinga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-19-2007, 05:52 PM
StevenintheATL

Steve Belkin to take a long walk off of a short pier.......

StevenintheATL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-19-2007, 08:46 PM
gamera

Send a message via ICQ to gamera Send a message via AIM to gamera Send a message via MSN to gamera Send a message via Yahoo to gamera
we need our rookies to shine, as well as the new signings...or we're in deep doo doo

yeah that's some deep analysis there, sal..thanks for sharing. keep coming back.

gamera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-19-2007, 08:52 PM
Fravashis

unfortunately, i just dont see us making the playoffs this year, we didnt really improve anywhere except by subtraction on the blueline. Dear god i hope im wrong, but i think the golf clubs will be out early again

Fravashis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-19-2007, 08:54 PM
gamera

Send a message via ICQ to gamera Send a message via AIM to gamera Send a message via MSN to gamera Send a message via Yahoo to gamera
yeah i was at a party this afternoon and heard someone say they thought we'd tank really bad the first 20 games and hartley'd be history....

in the immortal words of tristlelune...whatever happen, happen.

gamera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-19-2007, 09:21 PM
Tristelune

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamera View Post
yeah i was at a party this afternoon and heard someone say they thought we'd tank really bad the first 20 games and hartley'd be history....

in the immortal words of tristlelune...whatever happen, happen.
Seriously, I don't think we will miss the playoff. The guys will be hungry after last season hastly elimination. But then again, it will rest on the shoulder of our young goalie.

Tristelune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-20-2007, 09:16 AM
Boognish

The team needs a top defenseman and a top Center. Allison qualifies for neither of these.

Boognish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-20-2007, 09:39 AM
The Korean*

Send a message via AIM to The Korean* Send a message via Yahoo to The Korean*
Quote:
Originally Posted by slater23fan View Post
unfortunately, i just dont see us making the playoffs this year, we didnt really improve anywhere except by subtraction on the blueline. Dear god i hope im wrong, but i think the golf clubs will be out early again
Thats what they said about Hurricanes 2 years ago. Who knows Thrashers may win the Stanley Cup. That would continue on the pattern wouldnt it.

The Korean* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-20-2007, 10:05 AM
GloveSideHigh

I would love for J. Allison to join the Thrashers. Hes pretty slow and is injury prone but is a wizard in the offensive zone, especially behind the net. Hes said that he would play for the min. 1 mil. 1 year so why not take the risk. Big body, great playmaker, and will definately help with the PP. Ide rather have Allison center Kovy than Holik. Almost a point per game player throught his career. If hes healthy and if for the right price, he can be a steal

GloveSideHigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-20-2007, 10:18 AM
btn
Gone Hollywood

We need guys like Bryan Little, Brett Sterling, Tobias Enstrom, and Marc Popovic to have great pre-season camps.

The rookies will be the key to the season. Right now the F's look OK, the D looks OK, and the G's look OK. In fact, we are in better shape now than we were to start last season.

If 1 or 2 of the rookies above have a breakout season, we could win the SE again. If Little can make the team as a 2nd line C, that would be fantastic.

btn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-20-2007, 04:40 PM
Shameus

I agree with the sentiment that this team will do as well as it's rookies. If Sterling can get 60pts/30gls opposite Kovy that would be a lift to this offense. Holik is not the playmaking center that this team needs playing with Kovy....but he is better than just about everyother center that played with him last season. I want to give Holik/Sterling 15 or so games with Kovy to see what they can do before I dump on Kovy's lack of line mates again. Also I think a full season of Zhitnik and Enstrom will help the defense and the PP...I think that will be the biggest impact this team sees this season. An improvement in defense will help this team.

As far as goal keeping goes. We know what we get in Moose and Kari...well if he gets his head screwed on straight that would help a lot as well.

Shameus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-20-2007, 04:55 PM
Magnus Fulgur

Quote:
Originally Posted by StevenintheATL View Post
Steve Belkin to take a long walk off of a short pier.......
yeah, because the current regime is doing just a super job.

Magnus Fulgur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-20-2007, 05:07 PM
flerd_trandle

I don't see the team being any worse than it was last season. Sure, there were no big name FA acquisitions, but I think the small moves improved the team's supporting cast.

We've got full season of Zhitnik. Hopefully Havelid returns to form. Ken Klee ended up +18 logging the same kind of minutes as deVries, so he must be doing something right. Pilar and rookies will be fighting it out with McCarthy for the last 2 spots. Defense should be slightly better.

A full season of Todd White is going to be better than the failed Rucchin/Kappy experiments and the Belanger stop-gap. How Holik and Sterling work out with Kovy remains to be seen, but it can't be worse than last season's situation. Maybe Little surprises at camp or Slater finally shows he can be a playmaker.

A full season of Dupuis along with the additions of Thorburn, Perrin, and possibly Bartovic makes the bottom six a much better group than last year's. The team's PK should be better. You might even see a supporting cast goal or two.

Lehtonen is a year more mature. Moose will continue to be solid.

I'll wait for the team to tank the first 15 games or so before I panic, but I see this team in about the same place as last season. I don't expect the team to be off to as hot of a start this season, but at the end of the year I do expect them to be fighting for the SE crown and a playoff spot.

flerd_trandle is offline   Reply With Quote