HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Richards?

Old
08-20-2007, 04:40 PM
MojoJojo

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
who plays the point on the 2nd unit? i'm also not a huge fan of Coburn on the 1st PP unit. i'd actually like to see us play with Timonen working the middle of the ice a bit more and having Briere and Gagne working off the top of the circles with Knuble in front of the net and Carter looking for shooting holes... maybe Lupul.
Coburn on the PP is fine with me. His offense might not be wonderful, but at least he has the skating to recover and get back on D in the event of a break away. Anyway, there arent many other options. We need four people to man two pp units on the points. One of them will be Timonen, one possibly Briere. Who are our other two? Picard and Coburn are the two defensemen left with the skills to do it. After that we have to start looking at options like Kapanen and (shudder) Hatcher.

MojoJojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-20-2007, 04:41 PM
Jester

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger's Pancreas View Post
Hopefully Richards. If he's played at forward, he won't see much time on special teams outside of the PK. He has a nice slapshot, and knowledge of how to play on the point that goes back to when he used to play for Kitchener. Give him a chance. It's not like the Flyers have many better players on the back end for him to compete with.
i'm not against it, but i think i'd rather see him along the halfboards... his speed also makes me nervous as a forward on the point of the PP... if he has a lapse he's not going to catch too many people.

Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-20-2007, 05:14 PM
Jester

Quote:
Originally Posted by MojoJojo View Post
Coburn on the PP is fine with me. His offense might not be wonderful, but at least he has the skating to recover and get back on D in the event of a break away. Anyway, there arent many other options. We need four people to man two pp units on the points. One of them will be Timonen, one possibly Briere. Who are our other two? Picard and Coburn are the two defensemen left with the skills to do it. After that we have to start looking at options like Kapanen and (shudder) Hatcher.
i agree... one of the problems. i think Kukkonen would be fine on the 2nd unit... he wouldn't produce too much, but he'd be safe and can move the puck.

Old
08-20-2007, 05:31 PM
Roger's Pancreas*

Send a message via AIM to Roger's Pancreas*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
i'm not against it, but i think i'd rather see him along the halfboards... his speed also makes me nervous as a forward on the point of the PP... if he has a lapse he's not going to catch too many people.
Then pair him up with Timonen on the first, and Coburn with Kukkonen on the second.

Roger's Pancreas* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-20-2007, 09:45 PM
tadadonk

Thanks guys....was always a fan of his from WJC.Hope he helps improve the Flyers in the future.

Cheers,

tadadonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-20-2007, 10:31 PM
HoverCarle*

Send a message via MSN to HoverCarle*
a line of hartnell carter lupul is 3 shooters.

lupul makes more sense with richards

even something like hartnell/umberger-richards-lupul 2A
umberger/hartnell-carter-upshall 2B

eager-potulny-kapanen 4th

HoverCarle* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-20-2007, 10:33 PM
Jester

Quote:
Originally Posted by hovercraft View Post
a line of hartnell carter lupul is 3 shooters.

lupul makes more sense with richards

even something like hartnell/umberger-richards-lupul 2A
umberger/hartnell-carter-upshall 2B

eager-potulny-kapanen 4th
Hartnell is a banger who can score... he's not really in the same mould as Gagne, Carter, and Lupul. I would classify him along the same lines as Knuble. If they want to push Carter towards becoming a better center, this might be an idea that makes sense. We'll see how it works. I remain pretty convinced that the best potential lineup this team can ice uses Lupul on Briere's wing, and Knuble on Richards wing... with Upshall remaining with Carter.