HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Anisimov's contract

Old
08-23-2007, 12:43 AM
DimaNYR

vCash: 500
Anisimov's contract

Interesting info about Anisimov's contract.

http://www.hawk.ru/press/5887.html

In this interview (in russian), among other things, Artem said that his contract with the Rangers allowes him to return to Lokomotiv, the RSL team he played for, IF he won't be able to crack the Ranger's line-up. Does anyone think it is actually feasible for him to return to RSL and not play for the Pack?

DimaNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-23-2007, 12:45 AM
Fleury14
Kipper

A lot of europeans are signing similar types of contracts, so it wouldn't be surprising if Anisimov's was also that way.

Fleury14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-23-2007, 12:46 AM
Inferno
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTEKJIO View Post
Interesting info about Anisimov's contract.

http://www.hawk.ru/press/5887.html

In this interview (in russian), among other things, Artem said that his contract with the Rangers allowes him to return to Lokomotiv, the RSL team he played for, IF he won't be able to crack the Ranger's line-up. Does anyone think it is actually feasible for him to return to RSL and not play for the Pack?
its happened before, with tyutin if im not mistaken.

the team just figures he will benefit more from playing priority minutes in the 2nd best league in the world.

playing in the RSL is way more impressive than the AHl, except you cant be called up.

still though, i think at the end of the day, hes going to play in hartford.

Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-23-2007, 12:47 AM
danroy33

Wouldn't that be a CBA question? Im guessing theres a provision for that.

danroy33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-23-2007, 02:28 AM
Brooklyn Ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by inferno272 View Post
its happened before, with tyutin if im not mistaken.

the team just figures he will benefit more from playing priority minutes in the 2nd best league in the world.

playing in the RSL is way more impressive than the AHl, except you cant be called up.

still though, i think at the end of the day, hes going to play in hartford.
It was in Kondritev's contract (which came from Toronto). Tyutin was released from playing in Hartford during the lockout to play in Russia.

It's interesting that the Rangers put that in his contract--wonder who gets to trigger it?

Brooklyn Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-23-2007, 05:22 AM
free0717

Will Anisimov get major minutes in Russia? He didnt last year until the playoffs when there were injuries.

You know he will get big time minutes in Hartford.

free0717 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-23-2007, 05:53 AM
DimaNYR

Quote:
Originally Posted by free0717 View Post
Will Anisimov get major minutes in Russia? He didnt last year until the playoffs when there were injuries.

You know he will get big time minutes in Hartford.
He would be centering one of the top 2 lines on a RSL team. He is the 1st line center for Russia's Junior team. Scored 2 goals and had an assist (Cherepanov had an assist also) yesterday in a friendly match

Last edited by DimaNYR: 08-23-2007 at 06:05 AM.
DimaNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-23-2007, 06:03 AM
RangerBoy
1994 FOREVER

What guarantee is there Anisimov will receive quality minutes in Hartford as a 19 year old?

Many Russian prospects have that clause in their contracts.It might be to the Rangers benefit if Anisimov plays in Russia this season rather than in Hartford.The kid has already shown a desire to play in the NHL so there shouldn't be a concern about that

RangerBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-25-2007, 08:21 PM
squishy

Regardless of whether his contract allows him to return to Lokomotiv, it sounds like he intends to stick it out in North America, even if it means playing in Hartford. When asked if it would not be better to return to his team in Yaroslavl if he doesn't make the big team, his reply was:

Quote:
I have set myself the goal to break in to the main team of the Rangers, and I will pursue that. Even if I have to pass through the lowest leagues of America, I will stay, and I will work. I will play in the NHL!

http://allhockey.ru/articles/8851/ (in Russian)

squishy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-26-2007, 01:26 AM
BDubinskyNYR17*

Send a message via AIM to BDubinskyNYR17*
Quote:
Originally Posted by squishy View Post
Regardless of whether his contract allows him to return to Lokomotiv, it sounds like he intends to stick it out in North America, even if it means playing in Hartford. When asked if it would not be better to return to his team in Yaroslavl if he doesn't make the big team, his reply was:

I love this kids attitude and people think euros dont have heart.

BDubinskyNYR17* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-26-2007, 01:33 AM
rickyrod

Quote:
Originally Posted by inferno272 View Post
I would think learning the North American game and the proximity to New York so Renney and Shonney can see him in action would be more of a priority if he has any real kind of shot of making the team in the next season or two.

rickyrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-26-2007, 11:22 AM
squishy

Quote:
Originally Posted by squishy View Post

Blueshirt Bulletin has more from this interview: http://ordinaryleastsquare.typepad.c...ov-arrivi.html

squishy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-26-2007, 11:41 AM
Son of Steinbrenner

Without and IIHF agreement the Rangers are crazy to have this clause in his contract...

What if Anisimov goes back to Russia plays GREAT hockey and Yaroslavl offers him 1.0 to 2.0 tax free to play in Russia next season?

Son of Steinbrenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-26-2007, 11:42 AM
Son of Steinbrenner

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCallahan43 View Post
I love this kids attitude and people think euros dont have heart.

Weren't you the guy questioning heart of the Rangers European players when this team was struggling the first half of last season?

Son of Steinbrenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-26-2007, 12:53 PM
wolfgaze
Interesting Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Son of Steinbrenner View Post
Without and IIHF agreement the Rangers are crazy to have this clause in his contract...

What if Anisimov goes back to Russia plays GREAT hockey and Yaroslavl offers him 1.0 to 2.0 tax free to play in Russia next season?

From the likes of that interview on BB, doesn't look like Anisimov has any intention of heading back to Russia...

wolfgaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-26-2007, 05:37 PM
shoothepuck

A GM, shouldn't like the clause in a contract, but from the players standpoint it allows him alot of flexability to either make it in the NHL, play in the AHL, or go back to his old club.

shoothepuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-27-2007, 06:05 AM
RangerBoy
1994 FOREVER

The clause has no teeth because the Russians haven't signed the IIHF Transfer Agreement.The Russians don't have to honor the NHL contracts.Look at Stanislav Chistov and Oleg Tverdovsky.Both players have agreed to terms with teams in Russia when they still have another season left on their NHL contracts.Artem Anisimov could sign a contract to play in Russia today and the Rangers could not prevent him from playing there.It's up to each individual player to make his own decision.Even if the clause didn't exist,there is nothing to stop a player with a NHL contract from playing in Russia.Look at Alexander Svitov.Signs a two year deal with Columbus in early July and six weeks later he signs with Omsk.With or without the clause,the player can leave at anytime and play in Russia

Old
08-27-2007, 06:13 AM
Ola

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
The clause has no teeth because the Russians haven't signed the IIHF Transfer Agreement.The Russians don't have to honor the NHL contracts.Look at Stanislav Chistov and Oleg Tverdovsky.Both players have agreed to terms with teams in Russia when they still have another season left on their NHL contracts.Artem Anisimov could sign a contract to play in Russia today and the Rangers could not prevent him from playing there.It's up to each individual player to make his own decision.Even if the clause didn't exist,there is nothing to stop a player with a NHL contract from playing in Russia.Look at Alexander Svitov.Signs a two year deal with Columbus in early July and six weeks later he signs with Omsk.With or without the clause,the player can leave at anytime and play in Russia
I agree, in principle, but at the same time there is nothing that would prevent for example Columbus to sue Svitov for breaking his contract with them, I think.

Ola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-27-2007, 06:19 AM
RangerBoy
1994 FOREVER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ola View Post
I agree, in principle, but at the same time there is nothing that would prevent for example Columbus to sue Svitov for breaking his contract with them, I think.
What is suing Svitov going to accomplish?Svitov probably won't play another game in the NHL by choice.This is the second time Svitov has made the choice to play in Russia.I read where Chistov said that he didn't care if the Bruins wanted to suspend him or sue him because he was done with the NHL

Old
08-27-2007, 07:55 AM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
That's what I was thinking. Good call again, RB.

From all the quotes I've read from Anisimov, it seems like he truly wants to make it in North America. I doubt that he'd try to go back to Russia, though as RB said if he wanted to there's little we could do, contract language aside.

It's just pain.
nyr2k2 is online now   Reply With Quote