HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

How much for Petr Prucha?

Old
08-21-2007, 03:26 PM
The Bored Warrior
Ted Nolan Hates Me!!

vCash: 500
Prucha to VAN
FOR COOKE TO NYR

The Bored Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-21-2007, 03:29 PM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by pensnuckssabresfan View Post
Prucha to VAN
FOR COOKE TO NYR
Thank you no.

08-21-2007, 03:30 PM
Carlos Ranger
Zucc-a-Rella

vCash: 50
Prucha + Mara for Pitkanen + Trukhno

Carlos Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-21-2007, 03:34 PM
MortUWary
Registered Loser

Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway View Post
It's got nothing to do with Prucha being Czech. He has shown that he can play in NY. He has shown that he can produce in this system. He has proven that he can score for the second line or the third line. Those are reasons why he's a better fit than Torres.

And I'm not sure why you think that Torres would complitment Jagr.
4 full seasons, three-time 20 goal scorer. He's more proven than Hossa. If you've ever seen him play in Edmonton, he is ten times better than Isbister is in the corners and Jagr RAVED about Izzy's work when they were on a line together. He had a bad year last year (only 15 goals and 34 points), but everyone in Edmonton slumped. He's been through the playoffs and been in the finals (22gp 4g-7a-11pts.)

He's gritty. You need players like that on your team. I don't want to hear that we have Avery. Avery can get man-handled down low. Torres has size and can screen the goalie. Shanny is the only other forward that can do that on this team and he isn't going to be playing with Jagr.

MortUWary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-21-2007, 03:40 PM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by MortUWary View Post
4 full seasons, three-time 20 goal scorer. He's more proven than Hossa. If you've ever seen him play in Edmonton, he is ten times better than Isbister is in the corners and Jagr RAVED about Izzy's work when they were on a line together. He had a bad year last year (only 15 goals and 34 points), but everyone in Edmonton slumped. He's been through the playoffs and been in the finals (22gp 4g-7a-11pts.)

He's gritty. You need players like that on your team. I don't want to hear that we have Avery. Avery can get man-handled down low. Torres has size and can screen the goalie. Shanny is the only other forward that can do that on this team and he isn't going to be playing with Jagr.
First of all, Torres only scored 20 goals twice.

That said, it's not a question of whether he's proven more than Hossa. I'd trade Hossa for Torres right now. It comes down to Torres or Prucha. Torres has scored 10 more goals in his career than Prucha — but in 128 more games. I'll take Prucha.

Yeah he's gritty. But the Rangers have grit. And size does not always mean a lot — remember Adam Hall?

SingnBluesOnBroadway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-21-2007, 03:50 PM
Giggli G

Okay, well I thought about it more and looked at your cap situation thread, and it seems you don't have what it takes to get Peca. Let me tell you this: the guy is a player who will take your team to a new level in the playoffs with his checking capabilities and his extra gear. I recommend getting him for sure.

But it looks like you need to dump some salary.

Prucha for Gilbert + Pouliot/Jacques or some other combination of prospects/picks, you tell me.

Pouliot is the better player right now, but Jacques could become something scary if he gets his head together.

Gilbert is an NHL caliber defenseman that you can leave in the AHL for another year if you need to. He had 6 points in 12 games with us last year, and was the best young showing we had.

I know this trade looks kind of sketchy, but if you consider it in the cap world I think it works. You turn around and sign Peca.

Straka-Gomez-Jagr
Shanahan-Drury-Avery
Hossa-Peca-Callahan
Dawes-Betts-Hollweg

Defense

Sorry, I don't know who your best checkers are, so i didn't know who to pair with Peca. You lose some offense, but I guarantee that you are a better team overall. You would rather have Peca than Torres too, so there's no point in making those trades.

There is only a limited amount of ice time, so having too many one-dimensionally offensive players becomes ineffective.

I have a feeling a lot of you aren't going to like this.

Giggli G is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-21-2007, 03:57 PM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giggli G View Post
Okay, well I thought about it more and looked at your cap situation thread, and it seems you don't have what it takes to get Peca. Let me tell you this: the guy is a player who will take your team to a new level in the playoffs with his checking capabilities and his extra gear. I recommend getting him for sure.

I'm not going to get into it, but the Rangers can afford Peca without making another deal to clear cap space. There are many threads about the Ranger cap situation.

Old
08-21-2007, 04:05 PM
Giggli G

Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway View Post
I'm not going to get into it, but the Rangers can afford Peca without making another deal to clear cap space. There are many threads about the Ranger cap situation.
doh.

Old
08-21-2007, 04:06 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

pitknanen is the only player id be interested in.

Prucha+Malik+3rd for him?

im not sure if thats overpaying, or underpaying to be honest.

Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-21-2007, 04:13 PM
E-Train

Quote:
Torres stands 6'3, 215. He is still young. I don't think it would be a bad fit.
Are you confusing Torres with Pitkanen? Torres isn't even 6'0 let alone 6'3. I'll pass on Torres for Prucha.

E-Train is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-21-2007, 04:51 PM
bogans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giggli G View Post

Prucha for Gilbert + Pouliot/Jacques or some other combination of prospects/picks, you tell me.

Pouliot is the better player right now, but Jacques could become something scary if he gets his head together.

Gilbert is an NHL caliber defenseman that you can leave in the AHL for another year if you need to. He had 6 points in 12 games with us last year, and was the best young showing we had.

I know this trade looks kind of sketchy, but if you consider it in the cap world I think it works. You turn around and sign Peca.

Straka-Gomez-Jagr
Shanahan-Drury-Avery
Hossa-Peca-Callahan
Dawes-Betts-Hollweg

Defense

Sorry, I don't know who your best checkers are, so i didn't know who to pair with Peca. You lose some offense, but I guarantee that you are a better team overall. You would rather have Peca than Torres too, so there's no point in making those trades.

There is only a limited amount of ice time, so having too many one-dimensionally offensive players becomes ineffective.

I have a feeling a lot of you aren't going to like this.
1) I don't think we need Peca
2) We definitely don't need Gilbert, the only defenseman we might need is an elite NHL offensive defenseman, we have a TON of top prospect defenseman sitting in the AHL or lower in the NHL right now who are almost ready (Staal, Baranka, Sauer, Sanguinetti, Pock, Girardi)
3) We have room for Peca if we want him under the cap
4) Prucha was properly utilized in his freshman season and scored 30 goals, underutilized in his sophomore season and STILL put up 20 goals. If he is utilized properly this season he could probably put up at least 30, if not more IMO. That is worth a lot more than two guys who are not on a current roster and are not really top prospects, although I do like MA's game.

bogans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-21-2007, 07:53 PM
The Perfect Paradox
Beyond Good and Evil

no one, Prucha is still young and plays good.

The Perfect Paradox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-22-2007, 12:21 AM
JonQuixote

Quote:
Unfortunately, we lack size and power forwards. Torres stands 6'3, 215. He is still young. I don't think it would be a bad fit.
He's not that big. 6', 216 according to the Oilers' website. He plays a pretty effective power forward game (well, when he plays a power forward game) though - he can be kinda like a pinball out there.

Anyway, going back to the original post here - I think it's clear on both sides that a Torres - Prucha deal wouldn't make sense for either team. Moving on from that... anything else?

JonQuixote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-22-2007, 10:13 AM
Giggli G

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonQuixote View Post
He's not that big. 6', 216 according to the Oilers' website. He plays a pretty effective power forward game (well, when he plays a power forward game) though - he can be kinda like a pinball out there.

Anyway, going back to the original post here - I think it's clear on both sides that a Torres - Prucha deal wouldn't make sense for either team. Moving on from that... anything else?
to me, the fact that he is short and still 215 makes for a freaking powerful ball of energy. It's REALLY hard to knock him down, and he hits like a train.

Old
08-22-2007, 11:41 AM
Mrpuck

Prucha's salary makes him one of the best value's on our team imo.
I can't see him being traded for anyone, anytime soon. Who could come that cheap and provide as much as Pru in return?

Mrpuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-22-2007, 11:48 AM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

vCash: 50
Awards:
Again, our roster is set, especially at forward. There's no reason to go trading young, cheap, 30 goal scorers just because you can. Unless the trade markedly improves the team (and I'm sorry, Torres won't) then there's absolutely no reason to make a deal. I can't wait for the season to start, so we can actually focus on hockey instead of trade proposals!!!

It's just pain.
nyr2k2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-22-2007, 11:54 AM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyr2k2 View Post
Again, our roster is set, especially at forward. There's no reason to go trading young, cheap, 30 goal scorers just because you can. Unless the trade markedly improves the team (and I'm sorry, Torres won't) then there's absolutely no reason to make a deal. I can't wait for the season to start, so we can actually focus on hockey instead of trade proposals!!!

I tend to agree. A team would have to overpay to get Prucha, IMO. The only Oiler I would want is Pitkananen. And they're not looking to move him.

Old
08-23-2007, 09:40 AM
Cynical TyranT
Son of a gun

Send a message via AIM to Cynical TyranT
Prucha goes nowhere... because hearing this song is HILARIOUS:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X-ms6Tzz9KI

Cynical TyranT is offline   Reply With Quote