HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

GDT - 08/21/07 - Los Angeles Kings @ Montreal Canadiens - 16h00 - ESPN Classics Can.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
08-22-2007, 01:46 AM
  #26
Hackett
HF Needs Feeny
 
Hackett's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,915
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaydee96 View Post
isnt he the only dman in NHL history to have done so?
yes (in the finals)

I remember andy delmore doing it a few years ago but not in the finals


Last edited by Hackett: 08-22-2007 at 02:00 AM.
Hackett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-22-2007, 01:49 AM
  #27
Galchenyuk x 27
Registered User
 
Galchenyuk x 27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,807
vCash: 1976
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hackett View Post
kings prolly win that game without that save.... and the series.
The series I dont know, but the game, definatly, would have made it 3-1 with 4 minutes left.

Id love to know what Fraser was looking at.

Galchenyuk x 27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-22-2007, 10:13 AM
  #28
Karl Pilkington
Registered User
 
Karl Pilkington's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,995
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaydee96 View Post
The series I dont know, but the game, definatly, would have made it 3-1 with 4 minutes left.

Id love to know what Fraser was looking at.
He was probably trying to catch his reflection somewhere because he felt a hair move out of place.

Karl Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-22-2007, 03:24 PM
  #29
WeThreeKings
DJ Nikita
 
WeThreeKings's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Halifax
Country: Canada
Posts: 37,992
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
I actually saw the little mini series of it on the NHL network at a friends house, it was almost but not as good as experience it yourself. That is why I hope I get to see us make a run and win the cup someday soon.

WeThreeKings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-22-2007, 03:37 PM
  #30
Kimota
Nation of Poutine
 
Kimota's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: La Vieille Capitale
Country: France
Posts: 22,302
vCash: 500
As much as I like the Habs, for the good of the NHL, the Kings should have won the cup that year.

Kimota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-23-2007, 03:45 PM
  #31
Sthabs
Registered User
 
Sthabs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 1,827
vCash: 500
Game 3 of the Bruins candiens series is starting at 4 on the Nhl network

will play again at 10 I honk

Sthabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-23-2007, 03:54 PM
  #32
Boris Le Tigre
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
 
Boris Le Tigre's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: More Toast !
Country: Vatican City State
Posts: 5,392
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimota View Post
As much as I like the Habs, for the good of the NHL, the Kings should have won the cup that year.
i wonder if that would have made a difference... the NY Rangers won the cup the following year and we're still where we're at. I don't see LA as a market where there needs to be a lot of growth anyhow... they do well enough. Carolina's win may fit this kind of argument because they don't have near the populace or the hockey tradition of the Kings.

Boris Le Tigre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-23-2007, 03:57 PM
  #33
peperebougon*
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 2,151
vCash: 500
I remember almost breaking my neck when the habs won the cup. I jumped on the living room table, broke on of its legs and fell on my head. Usually my father would have kicked my ass for doing such a thing but everybody was ecstatic in the room. After the fall i went back on my feet and started to jump everywhere again. Great memories. For those who never saw our habs win a cup IT IS AN HABSOLUTELY INSANE FEELING!!!!!!!!!!!! I have seen it twice but i was not living in MTL. Now that i live here i want to feel it again in MTL and celebrate with you all on the streets!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

peperebougon* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-23-2007, 03:58 PM
  #34
Galchenyuk x 27
Registered User
 
Galchenyuk x 27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,807
vCash: 1976
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sthabs View Post
Game 3 of the Bruins candiens series is starting at 4 on the Nhl network

will play again at 10 I honk
I watched it last night..

10 tonight will be game 4

Galchenyuk x 27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-23-2007, 04:05 PM
  #35
Hackett
HF Needs Feeny
 
Hackett's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,915
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boris La Tigre View Post
i wonder if that would have made a difference... the NY Rangers won the cup the following year and we're still where we're at. I don't see LA as a market where there needs to be a lot of growth anyhow... they do well enough. Carolina's win may fit this kind of argument because they don't have near the populace or the hockey tradition of the Kings.
After the 94 finals, the NHL was on the front cover of SI magazine. And they were talking about hockey possibly surpassing the NBA in the Big 4 team sports. It was probably the climax of the NHL. The problem is that all the momentum from the ranger cup win was killed due to a half season long labour dispute. So we will never know how much of an impact could have been made.

Right now, the NHL is clearly a secondary sport in the US. Its doesn't even come close to being one of the big four.

Hackett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-23-2007, 04:20 PM
  #36
Boris Le Tigre
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
 
Boris Le Tigre's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: More Toast !
Country: Vatican City State
Posts: 5,392
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hackett View Post
After the 94 finals, the NHL was on the front cover of SI magazine. And they were talking about hockey possibly surpassing the NBA in the Big 4 team sports. It was probably the climax of the NHL. The problem is that all the momentum from the ranger cup win was killed due to a half season long labour dispute. So we will never know how much of an impact could have been made.

Right now, the NHL is clearly a secondary sport in the US. Its doesn't even come close to being one of the big four.
i think you are right labour/owner stoppages have not helped... that momentum was most likely lost

but since then there have been a number of cup winners from big American markets in recent times... Detroit, Jersey, Dallas, Colorado... i'd put LA in that group if they won i don't think things would be much different.

Boris Le Tigre is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:11 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.