HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Carolina Hurricanes
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

O'Neill Requires Surgery After All

Closed Thread

Old
03-11-2004, 12:02 PM
jeffbear

vCash: 500
O'Neill Requires Surgery After All

Turns out that O'Neill's injury DID involve a torn labrum after all ... good thing for MRIs because they missed this originally. Here's the text from an email update from the Canes:

O'NEILL TO HAVE SHOULDER SURGERY ON FRIDAY

Recovery time for the procedure estimated at 2-3 months

RALEIGH, NC - Jim Rutherford, President / General Manager of the Carolina Hurricanes, today announced that forward Jeff O'Neill will undergo surgery on Friday to repair a torn labrium in his right shoulder. The procedure will be performed by Dr. Douglas Martini of Cary Orthopedic. Recovery time is estimated at 2-3 months.

Old
03-11-2004, 12:31 PM
Plan 9

Good. At least they caught it and he'll be ready for next season.

Old
03-11-2004, 02:43 PM
HughJass*

Send a message via AIM to HughJass* Send a message via Yahoo to HughJass*
I had a thought he was more injured than believed. If the shoulder has been bothering him all season (and he cut his tee times as noted by jeffbear :p) then I figured he was going to have to shut it down for the season. Should be a stronger Jeff O in 2005.

I guess Team Canada doesn't need to call him anyway

Old
03-11-2004, 03:50 PM
Les Ouragans

Hmmm. Guess you can't believe everything you hear. Of course, imagine that, a hockey injury that was understated...

Old
03-11-2004, 03:54 PM
Vagrant
The Czech Condor

Send a message via AIM to Vagrant
I know this sounds horrible, but is anybody else even at least a little relieved about this? It may be wishful thinking, but i'm guessing that this injury that was further complicated against New Jersey was an injury that had been there this whole entire season and was at least in part responsible for his slump.

Old
03-11-2004, 04:24 PM
Skydog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caniacforever
I know this sounds horrible, but is anybody else even at least a little relieved about this? It may be wishful thinking, but i'm guessing that this injury that was further complicated against New Jersey was an injury that had been there this whole entire season and was at least in part responsible for his slump.
I am relieved that his injury might have been the root of the scoring slump but I worry that he might have more shoulder problems in the future. Jeff has been a very durable player for this team and I would hate to see him turn into the dreaded "injury prone" player.

Old
03-11-2004, 06:02 PM
DaveG
Mod Supervisor
RIP Kev

vCash: 2498
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caniacforever
I'm relieved that they caught the problem now instead of late July/early August. Hopefully Jeff will be back at training camp and back to his regualr 30 goal a year self.

Closed Thread