HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

3rd Line Center. Watch out for Tommy Pyatt!

Old
08-25-2007, 08:31 PM
Pizza

vCash: 500
3rd Line Center. Watch out for Tommy Pyatt!

Just an "Alternative" thought on the battle for that position by the young prospects. I'm thinking Pyatt has a chance to sneak up on some folks.

What do you guys think?

Pizza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-25-2007, 08:41 PM
GarretJoseph*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pizza View Post
Just an "Alternative" thought on the battle for that position by the young prospects. I'm thinking Pyatt has a chance to sneak up on some folks.

What do you guys think?

don't really like Pyatt. I feel much stronger about Dubinsky.

GarretJoseph* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-25-2007, 08:44 PM
DontStaal

ye i think a lot of people overlook Pyatt, but it looks like he's gonna have a full stint in the AHL before he gets a shot in the NHL.

Compared to Anisimov and Dubinsky, he's a much smaller guy and as much as the new NHL favors speed, NHL teams look for smaller players to develop before getting their shot.

I can see him being called up if all goes well in Hartford.

Also, add a BIG Bourret to the mix and all of a sudden, Pyatt is 4th in the depth chart. I wouldnt be surprised if he gets moved to wing.

Last edited by DontStaal: 08-25-2007 at 08:49 PM.
DontStaal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-25-2007, 08:46 PM
FLYLine24
The Mac Truck

Pyatt has the potential to be a very good 3rd line, 2 way center, but I just dont see him making that jump from the OHL to the NHL. He'll need at least 1 or 2 years in the AHL IMO.

FLYLine24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-25-2007, 09:04 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

AA might be moved to wing, from what i understand, he played both wing and center in the RSL right?

Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-25-2007, 09:16 PM
Pizza

Quote:
Originally Posted by inferno272 View Post
AA might be moved to wing, from what i understand, he played both wing and center in the RSL right?
Si.

Hey it's great you guys are responding, but it's a Saterday night in late August...

How bout you guys get out and go have some fun some where

Not trying to tell yuz what to do, just a suggestion.

Old
08-25-2007, 09:17 PM
FLYLine24
The Mac Truck

Quote:
Si.

Hey it's great you guys are responding, but it's a Saterday night in late August...

Yea, i'd love to, too bad I have to go into work at 1am

Old
08-25-2007, 09:30 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

Quote:
Si.

after the yankees game is over

Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-25-2007, 09:30 PM
rodmunch

I think its a longshot that Pyatt makes the team out of camp

However, I wouldnt rule out the chance of a call-up, I could see him rip up the AHL like how Callahan did last year

rodmunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-25-2007, 09:56 PM
The Perfect Paradox
Beyond Good and Evil

one day i think he will become a 3rd line center. but he will need to play for a few years in the AHL.

The Perfect Paradox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-26-2007, 01:06 AM
Pizza

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYLine88 View Post
Yea, i'd love to, too bad I have to go into work at 1am
LOL, sorry bout that Fly.

Where do you go to work at 1 am?

Old
08-26-2007, 01:09 AM
Pizza

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodmunch View Post
I think its a longshot that Pyatt makes the team out of camp

However, I wouldnt rule out the chance of a call-up, I could see him rip up the AHL like how Callahan did last year
I'd be surprised if he won a spot out of camp as well.

Down the road he's got the skills, conditioning and mindset that give him an edge IMO.

Old
08-26-2007, 02:06 AM
YogiCanucks

I watched him alot at the WJ and of course I've watched his brother play alot. I don't think he'll make the team for a few years still. But I think he could in 2-3 years.

YogiCanucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-26-2007, 05:10 AM
Ola

Quote:

What do you guys think?
I am pretty sure Pyatt will play LW for us, he is a perfect fit their in terms of styls& our system.

Though I do agree with you that he is a really good prospect.

Ola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-26-2007, 07:27 AM
ATLANTARANGER*

Quote:

What do you guys think?
Pyatt at some point will first replace Betts and then lock on to the 3rd line checking center position. At some point one of Anismov, Dubinski, Pyatt will end up getting traded. With the signings of Gomez & Drury there is not enough room. One thing maybe moving Gomez to the wing.

I doubt Pyatt makes the squad. In keeping with our plan I believe no matter how well he does in camp he will be sent to Hartford. Long term he will benefit. Pyatt is a player to watch, he is smart, understands the game well and has a good set of skills. He's improved each and every year in Jrs. It will be interesting to see how he adapts to the pro game. I look for him to struggle early as he adjusts and then catch on to the pro game in the 2nd half and play up to his level and move forward in his development.

ATLANTARANGER* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-26-2007, 07:36 AM
eco's bones

I also like Pyatt a lot. He and Dupont are two of my favorite prospects. I don't think Tom is going to take an NHL spot this year though but you never know what will happen during the season. In some respects though they play different positions you could compare him to Callahan--a not very big player who season to season continues to improve--both are noted for their hockey smarts and two way play--both also made their WJC teams and Pyatt--at least twice. Pyatt also from what I've read here and there is always in top condition.

eco's bones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-26-2007, 08:32 AM
jas
Unsatisfied

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLANTARANGER View Post
Pyatt at some point will first replace Betts and then lock on to the 3rd line checking center position. At some point one of Anismov, Dubinski, Pyatt will end up getting traded. With the signings of Gomez & Drury there is not enough room. One thing maybe moving Gomez to the wing.

I doubt Pyatt makes the squad. In keeping with our plan I believe no matter how well he does in camp he will be sent to Hartford. Long term he will benefit. Pyatt is a player to watch, he is smart, understands the game well and has a good set of skills. He's improved each and every year in Jrs. It will be interesting to see how he adapts to the pro game. I look for him to struggle early as he adjusts and then catch on to the pro game in the 2nd half and play up to his level and move forward in his development.
Actually, Anisimov could move to LW, and, (along with Cherepanov), flank Gomez, while Drury could move to LW, and allow Dubinsky to slide into that 2nd line center spot, with, say Bourret on RW.

jas is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-26-2007, 01:24 PM
wolfgaze
Interesting Cat

i don't know who's moving where but at least 2 of these Center prospects better shift to the wing at some point (Dubinsky, Anisimov, Dupont, Pyatt)

wolfgaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-26-2007, 01:32 PM
FLYLine24
The Mac Truck

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfgaze View Post
i don't know who's moving where but at least 2 of these Center prospects better shift to the wing at some point (Dubinsky, Anisimov, Dupont, Pyatt)
Dupont I would think is a lock for that, he's played quite a bit of wing in juniors.

Quote:
LOL, sorry bout that Fly.

Where do you go to work at 1 am?
the police department, ain't that some nerve making us come in to work midnight hours, its not like anything happens then anyway

Old
08-26-2007, 01:44 PM
wolfgaze
Interesting Cat

cop?

wolfgaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-26-2007, 01:52 PM
FLYLine24
The Mac Truck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ola View Post
I am pretty sure Pyatt will play LW for us, he is a perfect fit their in terms of styls& our system.

Though I do agree with you that he is a really good prospect.
Pyatt also looked pretty good playing wing last season for the WJ team. Surprisingly he was very good along the boards despite his size.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfgaze View Post
cop?
yup

Old
08-26-2007, 05:23 PM
Pizza

Good for you Fly. Helping to keep NYers safe. Props.

When I look at Pyatt, Dubinsky, Anisiomov and Dupont I'm thinking Pyatt just fit the profile better for a 3rd line center. He's a better skater than the others IMO. So he'll cover a lot more ice which a center in the NHL really has to excel at. His game profile is dogged pursuit which will makes him a good match up against guys like Crosby. With Cally on the right and one of Dupont or Dubinsky on the left you have a line with complimentary parts seems to me.

I see Anisimov on either the 1st or 2nd line as a center or wing possibly for Cherry.

Old
08-26-2007, 06:15 PM
Ola

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYLine88 View Post
Pyatt also looked pretty good playing wing last season for the WJ team. Surprisingly he was very good along the boards despite his size.
Yeah, my thoughts exactly. I would be suprised if he didn't end up on LW, although I think he played RW in the WJC, not 100% sure though...

We moved Korpikoski from RW to LW just to fit better into our system.

Renney wants his centers to be really smart and good with the puck. The RW is supposed to be able to lock down his wing and got a pretty free role with the puck comming a bit from behind, either by challenging a collected D or jumping into shooting spots. The LW is supposed to be the dynamo, cover allot of ice and tie together the space between the F and D's. Of thoose alternatives Pyatt is like handmade for the LW spot, one is Czech and one is Canadian which always brings allot of diffrences but he reminds me allot of Martin Straka.

I don't think he is a center type, in terms of hockey sense Pyatt is kind of like Cullen, he doesn't see the ice well enough to go deep and take the puck up ice against a collected D, just like Matt had problems with it -- despite his speed. Its not a knock on Pyatt, I really like him, though his hockeysense and vision is only OK -- we want our centers to be really strong there...

Ola is offline   Reply With Quote