Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Winnipeg Jets
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

SouthEastern Review Thrash get a C-

Old
08-25-2007, 12:33 AM
Thrasher King 18*

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Thrasher King 18* Send a message via Yahoo to Thrasher King 18*
SouthEastern Review Thrash get a C-

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200...ard/index.html

I just came by this post on Cnn Sports Illustrated it was post last Friday so if you have seen this im sorry for posting it,but it gives full grades on southeastern conference teams for their offseason moves.

Thrasher King 18* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-25-2007, 05:52 AM
cws
...in the drink

" ...but watched three key members of his defense skip town, and failed to lure any significant replacements despite a healthy amount of cap space to play with..."

Crappy internet sites like TFP and HTR would have more insight and/or knowledge. Anybody with a pulse could have looked up even the vaguest details about the ownership issue.

And it doesn't take a hockey genius to see that Sutton, deVries and Hnidy are not in the least "key" members of any defense.

The sad thing is that these writers get paid well.
Damn, I can make up loads of opinions regarding items I have only the vaguest clue about; sign me up!

cws is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-25-2007, 08:14 AM
btn
Gone Hollywood

"Unless some youngsters in the system step up, this bunch is unlikely to repeat as division champs, and will be in a dogfight for a playoff spot."

I agree entirely with his summary. We do need some kids to step up, or else the playoffs will not be an option.

Sutton had a good first half, and Hnidy had a great season overall, so I can see where he is coming from on the D.

btn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-25-2007, 04:16 PM
DungeonK
Love Thy Neighbor

Allan Muir is and always has been a complete ****job of a writer. He wrote an entire article on how Atlanta and Tampa Bay shouldn't have teams when the Penguins were being shopped, which mysteriously got deleted from his "Muir Archives" awhile back. I'd like to punch him in the face. He's your typical hackjob of a hockey writer that follows maybe one or two teams and seems to think he knows the whole league by association. Anytime you see "Sports Illustrated / SI" in conjunction with hockey, get ready to be fed crap.

DungeonK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-25-2007, 07:41 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

id actually call that a pretty fair review. But your division is very weak, i think you guys will make the playoffs beating up on the other teams in the division.

Id pick washington to win the division though. nylander+AO is going to be scary for other teams.

Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-26-2007, 09:11 AM
btn
Gone Hollywood

Quote:
Originally Posted by inferno272 View Post
But your division is very weak

I think the SE gets more teams in the playoffs than the Atlantic this year. NJ took a step backwards, Philly has had too much turnover to leap into the playoffs, and the Islanders...are well the Islanders. The only playoff teams I see are NYR and Pitt

Old
08-26-2007, 01:51 PM
Thrasher King 18*

Send a message via MSN to Thrasher King 18* Send a message via Yahoo to Thrasher King 18*
you dont think philly will make the playoffs with that team they have?

Old
08-26-2007, 02:23 PM
btn
Gone Hollywood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrasher King 18 View Post
you dont think philly will make the playoffs with that team they have?
When you add that many players to a team, it takes a long time for the team to come together. I also really do not like what they added too much.

Old
08-26-2007, 07:04 PM
Thrasher King 18*

Briere
Hartnell
Timonen
Smith
Lupul

Thats not good? i know it might take some time for them to mesh and work good together but their a much improved team, and if they somehow get forsberg into the mix then wow not bad at all, but i don't see that happening.

Old
08-26-2007, 09:30 PM
btn
Gone Hollywood

Hartnell, 2 seasons of over 40 points in his entire career. He is not a bad player to have on your team, but at $5 million+ a year...it isn't enough.

Lupul, has potential. Better get over that sophomore slump.

Briere- Prior to last year, his career high for points was 65. Like Hartnell, he is a solid player, perhaps even a great player. Definitely not worth the price.

I like what Philly has done on the defensive side of things, but right now they are a team with severe cap issues and I feel they have done a poor job of spending their money especially on their forwards.

I see them getting off to a slow start, maybe making the playoffs. I also suspect that Briere is not going to be beloved in Philly. He better get out of the gate quick, because that town will turn on him in a heartbeat.