Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

[Eklund] Dallas Shopping Jussi Jokinen

Old
08-21-2007, 01:52 AM
OttMorrow

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to OttMorrow
Anyone else worried about losing Jokinen? He is still unsigned and I'm not sure if Dallas will be able to get an equal return for him if we opt to trade. I think he is worth a very good prospect or a late 1st round pick, but im thinking Army won't be able get that kind of return for him. I would go ahead and sign him even if we think we are overpaying a bit and then put him on the block, but we'll see what Army does. This one is going down to the wire.

I heard somewhere that Jokinen to FL is E3 now.

OttMorrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-21-2007, 06:20 AM
mattihp

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by MIKE M0DANO View Post
If Jokinen is indeed gone, I have a feeling that it won't be to another team, it will be back to Europe. That being said I think that Jokinen will be dressed for the Stars this season, although with everyday that passes a little less of me thinks that.
I doubt a guy who has 103 points in his first two NHL seasons and is still young will opt to go to europe.

There should be at least 10-12 teams who would like to add him.

mattihp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-22-2007, 07:43 PM
TK79

Quote:
Originally Posted by OttMorrow View Post
Anyone else worried about losing Jokinen? He is still unsigned and I'm not sure if Dallas will be able to get an equal return for him if we opt to trade. I think he is worth a very good prospect or a late 1st round pick, but im thinking Army won't be able get that kind of return for him. I would go ahead and sign him even if we think we are overpaying a bit and then put him on the block, but we'll see what Army does. This one is going down to the wire.

I heard somewhere that Jokinen to FL is E3 now.
I think Eklund is talking out of his ass again with JJ to Florida, as they already have a very similar player in Ville Peltonen.

TK79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-23-2007, 03:21 PM
the rancor

to DAL- David Leneveu
to PHO- Joel Lundquist

how about it?

the rancor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-23-2007, 04:10 PM
BigG44

I like Lundqvist alot, but according to TSN, Leneveu, "Has an ideal frame for the goaltending position. His combination of first-rate talent and perfect demeanor make him a can't-miss NHL goalie prospect." Why would you want to trade "a can't miss goalie" for a guy who can will provide quality minutes on the third line and may be able to play in the top 6.

BigG44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-23-2007, 04:12 PM
OttMorrow

Send a message via AIM to OttMorrow
It is tempting, but the problem is that we already have a pretty good young backup in Smith. We need scoring first and foremost. A move like this one, in and of itself(with no secondary deal in mind involving trading Leneveu for a top six forward), would not really improve the team for today or tommorow as Leneveu won't ever take Turco's job.

OttMorrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-23-2007, 04:25 PM
Walzy

Send a message via ICQ to Walzy Send a message via AIM to Walzy Send a message via MSN to Walzy
so Phoenix is now shopping LeNeveu because #99 doesn't want him in a position above the farmteam backup ?

well i'd probably trade Miettinen for him...not Lundqvist

Walzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-23-2007, 06:36 PM
________

vCash: 100
Send a message via AIM to ________ Send a message via MSN to ________
Robidas, Ott, or Miettinen any one of them could be shipped to the Coyotes for LeNeveu.

________ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-23-2007, 08:21 PM
the rancor

Leneveu is a good goalie who NEEDS a fresh start in a new system. I read the EK rumor (with a grain of salt) and thought i'd pose the question... my first 'trade proposal'. I like Lundquist, and figure his hard nosed style, and reletive youth, could fit well with the Youth Movement I hope that the Cayotes will adopt. One of the missing elements for them is a little grit on a forward who can put up a few points. Joel is by no means a goon, but he seems tuff enough.
Besides, not too many teams need a goalie right now. Not even Dallas.
BTW- if you need another record setting ex-Cornell goalie, David McKee (a native of the Republic) is a UFA.

the rancor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-27-2007, 10:12 PM
Blade

Sign the kid, play the kid and move on down the road. He has more value to the team as a player than what he will bring in trade. The Stars need to develop their young players. There is either a significant issue with player selection or development or someone please forbid both.

Blade is offline   Reply With Quote