Notices

Turco and Mike Smith

Old
08-28-2007, 08:36 AM
JRZ DVLS
Try Brubag*****

vCash: 500
Turco and Mike Smith

My brother and I were discussing our Keeper fantasy league. He has Turco, and Henrik Lundqvist. He has to drop one of them, and we were discussing the emergence of Smith and how that could effect Turco and his playing time vs Henrik and ....Well......Nobody (Rookie Montoya or Valliquette)

Turco is a great goalie, and Smith has proved he was more than capable when called upon. My brother is looking into the future of who he should keep for the next few seasons. With Smith's play last season, it is hard for me to think he will not take a bunch of games from Turco (maybe 20 or more) whereas Henrik will get 70+ starts but is more inconsistent than Marty. Turco is 33 or so and Lundqvist is @26.

Taking away Homer Bias (believe me just the discussion of a Rag erks me) and give me an honest choice. Would you keep Turco or Lundqvist in this situation.

I was actually going to ask if Smith could take starting reigns in a few years, but Turco is signed for 3 more years while smith has 2.

JRZ DVLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-28-2007, 09:27 AM
Starsdude

Marty likes to play alot. Smith will play less than you think only about 20 games

Starsdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-28-2007, 10:16 AM
User Name
Registered User Name

Which team will have the better playoff record over the next few years if those games count in your league?

Which goalie is more apt to injury? (kind of a conditioning question).

Which goalie has the better defense in front of him to reduce scoring chances?

Tough choice, but with the Dallas D helping out, I'd keep Turco. A defensive minded team in a defensive conference vs. a team with an unknown direction in an offensive minded conference.

User Name is offline   Reply With Quote