HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Predict the Trophy winners...

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
08-28-2007, 12:28 AM
  #76
Son of Steinbrenner
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Country: Tromelin
Posts: 9,559
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty0wns30 View Post
what the **** are you talking about

ok let me clear this up, 5 or 6 of those goalies i would definitely choose over lundquist for a season, the other 4 or 5 i would have to look at more to decide.

so again 5 or 6 i think are clearly better than him and 4 or 5 are close
you posted 10 are better then lundqvist TEN....

what am I talking about?

what are you talking about? you never mentioned looking at them MORE to decide you said this is your list in no order....then you posted you would take lundqvist for a season over 5 or 6 of them....

the only thing you've cleared up is confirming everybody suspicions that you have no idea what your talking about...you don't even agree with yourself...

Son of Steinbrenner is offline  
Old
08-28-2007, 12:30 AM
  #77
Gunnar Stahl 30
...In The World!
 
Gunnar Stahl 30's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Marty's Better
Country: Iceland
Posts: 14,907
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Son of Steinbrenner View Post
you posted 10 are better then lundqvist TEN....

what am I talking about?

what are you talking about? you never mentioned looking at them MORE to decide you said this is your list in no order....then you posted you would take lundqvist for a season over 5 or 6 of them....
ok for the 3rd time

4 or 5 of them are close. so for sake of the argument i gave them the edge and put them ahead of lundquist on my list.

Gunnar Stahl 30 is offline  
Old
08-28-2007, 12:33 AM
  #78
Son of Steinbrenner
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Country: Tromelin
Posts: 9,559
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty0wns30 View Post
ok for the 3rd time

4 or 5 of them are close. so for sake of the argument i gave them the edge and put them ahead of lundquist on my list.
so for "i need to come up with 4 or 5 names to put ahead of lundqvist" sake you put them ahead of lundqvist..

i think it's fairly obvious why you listed guys that aren't even close to lundqvist in talent or any other category....just to try to prove a point you don't even believe..intersting...yet we are all supposed to respect your opinion...i don't think so...

4 or 5 of them are close so for the sake of your list you put them ahead of lundqvist..yet...when it came to one season you give lundqvist the edge?

Son of Steinbrenner is offline  
Old
08-28-2007, 12:38 AM
  #79
Gunnar Stahl 30
...In The World!
 
Gunnar Stahl 30's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Marty's Better
Country: Iceland
Posts: 14,907
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Son of Steinbrenner View Post
so for "i need to come up with 4 or 5 names to put ahead of lundqvist" sake you put them ahead of lundqvist..

i think it's fairly obvious why you listed guys that aren't even close to lundqvist in talent or any other category....just to try to prove a point...yet we are all supposed to respect your opinion...i don't think so...

4 or 5 of them are close so for the sake of your list you put them ahead of lundqvist..yet...when it came to one season you give lundqvist the edge?
when did i ever say that i gave lundquist the edge? i said i PROBABLY would pick 5 or 6 of them for a season over lundquist

and IMO i dont think that the remaining 4 or 5 goalies are far worse than lundquist like you do, i think they are jus as good if not better than him.

you are examining every word i say, you are trying to make me look stupid on technicalities

Gunnar Stahl 30 is offline  
Old
08-28-2007, 12:40 AM
  #80
Son of Steinbrenner
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Country: Tromelin
Posts: 9,559
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty0wns30 View Post
when did i ever say that i gave lundquist the edge? i said i PROBABLY would pick 5 or 6 of them for a season over lundquist

and IMO i dont think that the remaining 4 or 5 goalies are far worse than lundquist like you do, i think they are jus as good if not better than him.

you are examining every word i say, you are trying to make me look stupid on technicalities
you've done that on your own..

Son of Steinbrenner is offline  
Old
08-28-2007, 12:41 AM
  #81
McNasty
Registered User
 
McNasty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Rutgers
Country: United States
Posts: 5,759
vCash: 500
To those of you suggesting Staal is going to win the Calder, please get with it. The Calder isn't going to Staal because he won't have the point totals to even get a nomination. Especially not with guys like Toews Backstrom and the Johnsons who are all a step ahead of him IMO.

McNasty is online now  
Old
08-28-2007, 12:42 AM
  #82
Gunnar Stahl 30
...In The World!
 
Gunnar Stahl 30's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Marty's Better
Country: Iceland
Posts: 14,907
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Son of Steinbrenner View Post
you've done that on your own..
didnt see that coming.

i feel bad for all the people that read your near 7k posts. they are less knowledgeable because of it.

thats why im done arguing with you. you are thick headed and have tunnel vision

Gunnar Stahl 30 is offline  
Old
08-28-2007, 12:52 AM
  #83
Catamo
NHL2com League
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: British Columbia
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,523
vCash: 500
Hart Trophy Sidney Crosby
Calder Trophy Niklas Backstrom
Vezina Trophy Roberto Luongo
Selke Trophy Rod BrindA'mour
Norris Trophy Chris Pronger
Lady Byng stupid award
Pearson Trophy Sidney Crosby
Adams Trophy Jacques Martin, Florida Panthers
Maurice Richard Trophy Alexander Ovechkin
Art Ross Sidney Crosby

Catamo is offline  
Old
08-28-2007, 01:46 AM
  #84
Barbara Underhill
Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuke
 
Barbara Underhill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Montana
Country: United States
Posts: 13,205
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty0wns30 View Post
didnt see that coming.

i feel bad for all the people that read your near 7k posts. they are less knowledgeable because of it.

thats why im done arguing with you. you are thick headed and have tunnel vision
SOS actually has good points at times... So I don't feel dumber for reading them. This garbage you are throwing out does make me feel dumber however.

I'm not even arguing that Lundqvist is better or not, but you said you could name 10 goaltenders better than him. But then you said it was really close and that you could argue either way on whether to take him or the other. So basically all you did was name 5 guys you thought were better than Lundqvist and then threw in 5 more that are "Close to if not better if not worse" than Lundqvist to prove that you could name 10.

I can name 5 guys better than Jagr...

1. Crosby
2. Ovechkin
3. Ortmeyer
4. Parise
5. Boogard

alright so really I could only name 2 but I can argue the other 3 are better than him. Orts is more Defensive, Parise is a young rising star, and Boogard can fight... Does that make them better than Jagr? NO... But I said it so it has to be true, **** I even went through the trouble of making a list. So hang on my every word.

Barbara Underhill is offline  
Old
08-28-2007, 02:09 AM
  #85
isles20*
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 1,660
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catamo View Post
Hart Trophy Sidney Crosby
Calder Trophy Niklas Backstrom
Vezina Trophy Roberto Luongo
Selke Trophy Rod BrindA'mour
Norris Trophy Chris Pronger
Lady Byng stupid award
Pearson Trophy Sidney Crosby
Adams Trophy Jacques Martin, Florida Panthers
Maurice Richard Trophy Alexander Ovechkin
Art Ross Sidney Crosby
I saw this. And i knew one thing. It wasnt the work of a RAG$ fan

isles20* is offline  
Old
08-28-2007, 02:24 AM
  #86
DimaNYR
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 247
vCash: 500

DimaNYR is offline  
Old
08-28-2007, 03:10 AM
  #87
Inferno
HFB Partner
 
Inferno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Atlanta, GA
Country: United States
Posts: 20,258
vCash: 500



there are at least 10 goalies i would take over this guy

Inferno is offline  
Old
08-28-2007, 03:47 AM
  #88
Inferno
HFB Partner
 
Inferno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Atlanta, GA
Country: United States
Posts: 20,258
vCash: 500
Fact 1: These past 2 years the NJ Devils have finished with better records than the Rangers.

Fact 2: These past 2 years Brodeur and Lundqvist have faced each other 9 times in the regular season.

Fact 3: Here are the results for goals allowed...
Brodeur:4,3,2,0,2,1,2,4,2
Lundqvist: 2,2,2,1,2,2,2,1,1

Not counting shootout results (ie, a tie is a tie) here are the results
Brodeur 2-4-3
Lundqvist 4-2-3

I am sure someone will bring up the postseason head to head matchup, so I might as well address it. Im not going to argue, Lundqvist was bad, Brodeur was good. The Devils came in as the hottest team in the league, the Rangers came in as the coldest team in the league. Brodeur was healthy, Henrik was hurt. You want to bring that up, youll talk to yourself, because there is nothing to really talk about in those 3 games.

The regular season though, when both goalies were healthy, and there were no extreme winning or losing streaks of note to talk about, Henrik has bested Brodeur, not giving up more than 2 goals in ANY of the games.

Not bad for the 11th best goalie in the league against the "best" goalie in the league (yes, those are sarcastic quotation marks)

Inferno is offline  
Old
08-28-2007, 10:57 AM
  #89
Gunnar Stahl 30
...In The World!
 
Gunnar Stahl 30's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Marty's Better
Country: Iceland
Posts: 14,907
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Graf22 View Post
SOS actually has good points at times... So I don't feel dumber for reading them. This garbage you are throwing out does make me feel dumber however.

I'm not even arguing that Lundqvist is better or not, but you said you could name 10 goaltenders better than him. But then you said it was really close and that you could argue either way on whether to take him or the other. So basically all you did was name 5 guys you thought were better than Lundqvist and then threw in 5 more that are "Close to if not better if not worse" than Lundqvist to prove that you could name 10.

I can name 5 guys better than Jagr...

1. Crosby
2. Ovechkin
3. Ortmeyer
4. Parise
5. Boogard

alright so really I could only name 2 but I can argue the other 3 are better than him. Orts is more Defensive, Parise is a young rising star, and Boogard can fight... Does that make them better than Jagr? NO... But I said it so it has to be true, **** I even went through the trouble of making a list. So hang on my every word.
at times.................

its much different, with fowards than it is with goalies. fowards have different roles from each other and the goalies main role is to stop the puck. no disagreements there.

im not sure why you are making me out to be a stubborn jackass because unlike SOME(i dont want to throw in the ranger fans that arent narrow minded) i have been open minded, it is impossible to talk to SOME of you because unless i say that every ranger player is in the top 3 of something than you guys just throw it out.

im done talking to the RANGER fans but any hockey fan who happen to like the rangers i dont mind talking to, but some of you guys obviously only watch other teams when the rangers are playing them.

so im done talking to some of you guys, its pointless

Gunnar Stahl 30 is offline  
Old
08-28-2007, 11:00 AM
  #90
Gunnar Stahl 30
...In The World!
 
Gunnar Stahl 30's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Marty's Better
Country: Iceland
Posts: 14,907
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catamo View Post
Hart Trophy Sidney Crosby
Calder Trophy Niklas Backstrom
Vezina Trophy Roberto Luongo
Selke Trophy Rod BrindA'mour
Norris Trophy Chris Pronger
Lady Byng stupid award
Pearson Trophy Sidney Crosby
Adams Trophy Jacques Martin, Florida Panthers
Maurice Richard Trophy Alexander Ovechkin
Art Ross Sidney Crosby
Quote:
Originally Posted by isles20 View Post
I saw this. And i knew one thing. It wasnt the work of a RAG$ fan
see im not the only one saying you guys are being bias to you team, and im not saying that there is anything wrong with it just dont deny it and jump all over me because i didnt pick the rangers players

Gunnar Stahl 30 is offline  
Old
08-28-2007, 11:05 AM
  #91
JR#9*
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 7,733
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty0wns30 View Post
see im not the only one saying you guys are being bias to you team, and im not saying that there is anything wrong with it just dont deny it and jump all over me because i didnt pick the rangers players
well being that school start up again next week you probrably won't be around much anyway but thanks for stopping by and educating us on how no NYR's have any shot at any major awards this year and that anyone who thinks they may be in the running, you know leaving all logical facts aside like the one's we listed, are simply being homers.

Thanks for the commentary, it's been comical, especially coming from a guy who posts under Marty but scolds others about being fanboys!

JR#9* is offline  
Old
08-28-2007, 11:10 AM
  #92
Gunnar Stahl 30
...In The World!
 
Gunnar Stahl 30's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Marty's Better
Country: Iceland
Posts: 14,907
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JR#9 View Post
well being that school start up again next week you probrably won't be around much anyway but thanks for stopping by and educating us on how no NYR's have any shot at any major awards this year and that anyone who thinks they may be in the running, you know leaving all logical facts aside like the one's we listed, are simply being homers.

Thanks for the commentary, it's been comical, especially coming from a guy who posts under Marty but scolds others about being fanboys!
you still cant admit that you gave the rangers players the edge.

sad

i didnt know the employees could use the computers for personal stuff at wal-mart. hmm thats cool

Gunnar Stahl 30 is offline  
Old
08-28-2007, 11:14 AM
  #93
Gunnar Stahl 30
...In The World!
 
Gunnar Stahl 30's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Marty's Better
Country: Iceland
Posts: 14,907
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by inferno272 View Post



there are at least 10 goalies i would take over this guy
wow you got me, somebody made a tribute to lundquist on you tube so now he is top 3 in teh league

Gunnar Stahl 30 is offline  
Old
08-28-2007, 11:16 AM
  #94
EvilCorporateLawyer
Very slippery slope
 
EvilCorporateLawyer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Country Roads
Country: United States
Posts: 75,166
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to EvilCorporateLawyer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty0wns30 View Post
you still cant admit that you gave the rangers players the edge.

sad

i didnt know the employees could use the computers for personal stuff at wal-mart. hmm thats cool
Yeah, but people are using FACTS to base their opinions off of at least. Not just blind homerism.

__________________
"Of course giving Sather cap space is like giving teenagers whiskey and car keys." - SBOB
"Watching Sather build a team is like watching a blind man with no fingers trying to put together an elaborate puzzle." - Shadowtron
"Used to be only Twinkies and cockroaches could survive a nuke. I'd add Habs to that. I'm convinced the CH stands for Club du Hypocrisy." - Gee Wally
EvilCorporateLawyer is offline  
Old
08-28-2007, 11:30 AM
  #95
JR#9*
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 7,733
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty0wns30 View Post
you still cant admit that you gave the rangers players the edge.

sad

i didnt know the employees could use the computers for personal stuff at wal-mart. hmm thats cool

I didn't even put up any projections so go back to sleep...

And to be honest I don't think any of the 3 are the favorites for any of the awards but only an uneducated homer such as yourself would try and paint it as none of these guys have any shot of being in contention for these awards being that the FACTS like Drury being 4th in Selke voting last year, Lundy being a Vezina finalist his only 2 yrs in the NHL and Jagr being the most dominate player in the NHL just 2 yrs ago and then you compare that to what your basing your assinine statements like 'Lundqvist may not even be in the top half of the NHL starting goalies" on zero facts other than you being a Brodeur fanboy and the debate ends right there!

JR#9* is offline  
Old
08-28-2007, 11:35 AM
  #96
Son of Steinbrenner
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Country: Tromelin
Posts: 9,559
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JR#9 View Post
I didn't even put up any projections so go back to sleep...

And to be honest I don't think any of the 3 are the favorites for any of the awards but only an uneducated homer such as yourself would try and paint it as none of these guys have any shot of being in contention for these awards being that the FACTS like Drury being 4th in Selke voting last year, Lundy being a Vezina finalist his only 2 yrs in the NHL and Jagr being the most dominate player in the NHL just 2 yrs ago and then you compare that to what your basing your assinine statements like 'Lundqvist may not even be in the top half of the NHL starting goalies" on zero facts other than you being a Brodeur fanboy and the debate ends right there!
bu..bu...but JR if Marty was a coach of a team for a season he would pick over lundqvist over half the guys on his own list...

Son of Steinbrenner is offline  
Old
08-28-2007, 11:43 AM
  #97
Gunnar Stahl 30
...In The World!
 
Gunnar Stahl 30's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Marty's Better
Country: Iceland
Posts: 14,907
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan. View Post
Yeah, but people are using FACTS to base their opinions off of at least. Not just blind homerism.
yea i know so they are going bewtween like 3 guys who have a chance to win those awards 2 of which arent rangers and 1 is they pick the ranger just because he is on the rangers. i would do the same thing with the devils, but i can atleast admit it. i did it with pandolfo

Gunnar Stahl 30 is offline  
Old
08-28-2007, 11:51 AM
  #98
Gunnar Stahl 30
...In The World!
 
Gunnar Stahl 30's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Marty's Better
Country: Iceland
Posts: 14,907
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Son of Steinbrenner View Post
bu..bu...but JR if Marty was a coach of a team for a season he would pick over lundqvist over half the guys on his own list...
like i said before 5 or 6 of them i would clearly pick over him and the other 4 or 5 are closer so if you are making me a coach next year i would have to think about it alittle harder

here is a vision because you are obviously too slow to figure this out otherwise

1.Brodeur
2.Luongo
3.Kipper
4.Hasek
5. DP






6
7
8
9
10
11.

the top 5 i feel are clearly better than lundquist and would pick them over lundquist and 6-11 i would put the rest of them in some order that i have not decided because they are closer.

in case you are confused because im sure you are there are 11 there because i included lundquist somewhere in the bottom 6.

Gunnar Stahl 30 is offline  
Old
08-28-2007, 12:00 PM
  #99
EvilCorporateLawyer
Very slippery slope
 
EvilCorporateLawyer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Country Roads
Country: United States
Posts: 75,166
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to EvilCorporateLawyer
How the hell is Dipietro better than Lundqvist? He's done nothing to prove he's better at all. Not a single thing.

I think he's a top 10 goaltender as well, but Lundqvist has the accolades to back up the fact that he's better than Dipietro.

EvilCorporateLawyer is offline  
Old
08-28-2007, 12:25 PM
  #100
Shadowtron
Registered User
 
Shadowtron's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Earth
Posts: 5,532
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty0wns30 View Post
see im not the only one saying you guys are being bias to you team, and im not saying that there is anything wrong with it just dont deny it and jump all over me because i didnt pick the rangers players
It's the team board, what are you expecting hehehe? Rational thought? We're capable of carrying on unbiased discussions about the team, but you're critiquing a player we refer to as "The King", right away that should tell you where our heads are. Let's start a 'Marty is overrated' thread on the Devs board and see how well that goes over. I'd say let's try something on the Islanders board as well, but they're like the Jan Brady of HF. It's always "Rangers, Rangers, Rangers!"

Shadowtron is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:54 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.