HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Jeff Carter?

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
08-24-2007, 06:50 PM
  #26
L-train*
 
L-train*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Philly Suburbs
Country: United States
Posts: 3,037
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to L-train*
We'd all bang her for the money.

L-train* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-24-2007, 06:55 PM
  #27
CantSeeColors
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Country: Seychelles
Posts: 5,472
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by L-train View Post
We'd all bang her for the money.
I'm not sure it's the money most of us would be interested in....

CantSeeColors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-24-2007, 06:57 PM
  #28
CantSeeColors
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Country: Seychelles
Posts: 5,472
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nacho View Post
I honestly don't know where all the Carter hype started, as he hasn't done much in the NHL...?
You're right, a 23 goal rookie season is something everyone accomplishes and is really nothing to be proud of.

CantSeeColors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-24-2007, 07:05 PM
  #29
Jester
Registered User
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: St. Andrews
Country: Scotland
Posts: 34,075
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by L-train View Post
We'd all bang her for the money.
only if the necessary vaccines were on hand.

Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-24-2007, 08:30 PM
  #30
DMBgags
Registered User
 
DMBgags's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Charlottesville, Va
Country: United States
Posts: 592
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to DMBgags
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
Note: i'm not saying there's anything wrong with it... it's just bizarre that there are all these pics floating around the internet of her with her tongue hanging out. it's like her natural pose...

Hating on the freckles... i'm a damn half-breed redhead... i got tons of 'em. I'm hurt. very hurt. I'm a fan of "not about to die of starvation" Lindsay... once we get her away from coked up crazed driver Lindsay, she's back in play.

Alba is single now, btw.
But she has the Herpes.

DMBgags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-24-2007, 08:44 PM
  #31
Jester
Registered User
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: St. Andrews
Country: Scotland
Posts: 34,075
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DMBgags View Post
But she has the Herpes.
really? where'd that come out?

i'm terrified of that crap... the % is scary.

Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-24-2007, 08:55 PM
  #32
L-train*
 
L-train*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Philly Suburbs
Country: United States
Posts: 3,037
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to L-train*
Actually, she was spotted back with her ex. Off the market again, gentlemen.

L-train* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-24-2007, 09:22 PM
  #33
Ex Storm
Dig out your soul...
 
Ex Storm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Country: Canada
Posts: 23,075
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
Note: i'm not saying there's anything wrong with it... it's just bizarre that there are all these pics floating around the internet of her with her tongue hanging out. it's like her natural pose...

Hating on the freckles... i'm a damn half-breed redhead... i got tons of 'em. I'm hurt. very hurt. I'm a fan of "not about to die of starvation" Lindsay... once we get her away from coked up crazed driver Lindsay, she's back in play.

Alba is single now, btw.
I've got my fair share of freckles, I'm Scottish afterall, but hers are just excessive if you can find some HQ pics of her.

That new movie with Alba and Dane Cook looks promising, by the way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9teen7ty5 View Post
Love or loathe? Personally, I can't stand the raspy voice.
I love it. Maybe not LL's so much, but Scarlett's for example is way too sexy.

Ex Storm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-24-2007, 10:51 PM
  #34
flyersfan97
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 5,408
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Storm in a Teacup View Post
Definitely Hayden. She's legal, and she's hot.

Sorry FF97, but no self-respecting man should want anything to do with Freckletits.
Oh, well thank God for that. I thought you had lost your marbles!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CantSeeColors View Post
You're right, a 23 goal rookie season is something everyone accomplishes and is really nothing to be proud of.

I gotta give ya credit for trying to get this thread back on topic. However, I think it may be hopeless at this point.

flyersfan97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-24-2007, 11:58 PM
  #35
McNasty
Registered User
 
McNasty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Rutgers
Country: United States
Posts: 5,626
vCash: 500
Yea Hayden>Jeff Carter, at least until he pots 30 goals.

McNasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-25-2007, 12:32 AM
  #36
orcatown
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 7,587
vCash: 500
If Carter does anything Philadelphia will be hard pressed (given their present cap figures) to match the offer sheets Carter will see. Team like the Canucks may well be willing to drop Penner like offer sheet and give up the 1st, 2nd and 3rd. I would.

orcatown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-25-2007, 06:57 AM
  #37
Chuck Downie
Berube is Chief
 
Chuck Downie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Charlottetown
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,071
vCash: 71
He should be somewhere around 30-30 if he stays healthy. I hope the Flyers can lock him and Richards up before next summer.....

Chuck Downie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-25-2007, 08:50 AM
  #38
DMBgags
Registered User
 
DMBgags's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Charlottesville, Va
Country: United States
Posts: 592
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to DMBgags
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
really? where'd that come out?

i'm terrified of that crap... the % is scary.
The rumor is she got the herp from Jeter.

http://news.softpedia.com/news/Derek...es-62486.shtml

It's just a rumor but it's everywhere... btw, enlarge that pic!

DMBgags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-25-2007, 10:52 AM
  #39
CantSeeColors
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Country: Seychelles
Posts: 5,472
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by orcatown View Post
If Carter does anything Philadelphia will be hard pressed (given their present cap figures) to match the offer sheets Carter will see. Team like the Canucks may well be willing to drop Penner like offer sheet and give up the 1st, 2nd and 3rd. I would.
If the flyers were smart there won't be any offer sheets anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyersfan97
I gotta give ya credit for trying to get this thread back on topic. However, I think it may be hopeless at this point.
I think you're right. In that case, I'll join in on the other debate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by McNasty
Yea Hayden>Jeff Carter, at least until he pots 30 goals.
She seems to have seen the Cup already, so I'd say Hayden > Carter at least until Jeff wins one.

CantSeeColors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-25-2007, 11:21 AM
  #40
flyersfan97
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 5,408
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DMBgags View Post
The rumor is she got the herp from Jeter.

http://news.softpedia.com/news/Derek...es-62486.shtml

It's just a rumor but it's everywhere... btw, enlarge that pic!

This is too good, although I still don't really think DJ swings that way. Still, I can make good use of this story.

flyersfan97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-25-2007, 01:06 PM
  #41
BobbyClarkeFan16
Registered User
 
BobbyClarkeFan16's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: London Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,895
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nacho View Post
I honestly don't know where all the Carter hype started, as he hasn't done much in the NHL...?
His play in the AHL Calder Cup with the Philadelphia Phantoms was also a very impressive performance. The guy has the skills and the physical ability. The question is, can he put it all together? And the answer, from Carter's play so far, would be yes.

BobbyClarkeFan16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-25-2007, 01:50 PM
  #42
samistheman
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: West Chester, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 178
vCash: 500
i think i read somewhere that carter gained 10-15 pounds of muscle in the off season. remember when gagne came back after the lock out and he put on a ton of muscle. he was so much stronger on the puck and more effective over all. hopefully we will be able to say the same about carter after this season.

samistheman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-25-2007, 01:57 PM
  #43
decadentia
Registered User
 
decadentia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: New Brunswick
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,547
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by samistheman View Post
i think i read somewhere that carter gained 10-15 pounds of muscle in the off season. remember when gagne came back after the lock out and he put on a ton of muscle. he was so much stronger on the puck and more effective over all. hopefully we will be able to say the same about carter after this season.
It would be great if he stepped up this year, nice strong center, 1-2 punch with briere would be great.

decadentia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-30-2007, 01:04 PM
  #44
Larry44
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Posts: 5,094
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by samistheman View Post
i think i read somewhere that carter gained 10-15 pounds of muscle in the off season. remember when gagne came back after the lock out and he put on a ton of muscle. he was so much stronger on the puck and more effective over all. hopefully we will be able to say the same about carter after this season.
There is an article about Carter's offseason prep on the Flyer site:

http://flyers.nhl.com/team/app?artic...e&service=page

Larry44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-30-2007, 03:31 PM
  #45
mikedifr
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 8,359
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry44 View Post
There is an article about Carter's offseason prep on the Flyer site:

http://flyers.nhl.com/team/app?artic...e&service=page
Anyone know if he and Hartnell play on the same line or just on the same team?

mikedifr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-30-2007, 03:39 PM
  #46
Larry44
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Posts: 5,094
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikedifr View Post
Anyone know if he and Hartnell play on the same line or just on the same team?
Team. Carter played with Richards and Calder at the WCs.

The encouraging thing is that this group has a lot of guys who know each other from WJC, Nashville etc. so building cameraderie shouldn't be a problem - so long as it doesn't degenerate into a bunch of cliques...

Larry44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-31-2007, 08:40 AM
  #47
mikedifr
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 8,359
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry44 View Post
Team. Carter played with Richards and Calder at the WCs.
Duh, thats right. I knew that

mikedifr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-31-2007, 09:48 AM
  #48
Larry44
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Posts: 5,094
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikedifr View Post
Duh, thats right. I knew that
Don't beat yourself up, we've all tried to put the Calder fiasco out of our minds.

Larry44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:45 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.