HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The ''What to do in Montreal'' Thread version 2.0

Closed Thread

Old
08-30-2007, 12:48 PM
Ohashi_Jouzu

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by waffledave View Post
I LOVE sushi pizza...It's varies from place to place but it's usually really really tasty...They take a round peice of fried rice tempura (the crust), put avacado or mayo on it (sauce), then put salmon sushi and caviar (the pepperoni) and finally they cover it in shredded crabstick (cheese) and it looks like a mini pizza.
Interestingly enough, that sounds like what they call "pizza" here. Except the most common version involves tuna, mayo, processed cheese, tabasco sauce and (believe it or not) corn. Anywhere you go, this could be what they call "mixed pizza." Travesty.

BTW, salmon sushi is the BOMB. Or I suppose I should call it sashimi, since that is what raw fish by itself is actually called. Fugu (puffer fish... I think we've all seen that Simpsons episode) is quite awesome, but dangerous and expensive outside of areas where it's caught. As a lesson to all those out there, "sushi" is raw fish strapped to a rice ball by a nori (seaweed) "strap." Makizushi (rolled sushi) is the round thing wrapped in seaweed, with rice and a bit of raw fish in the middle and cut into slices or wedges. Bon appetit.

Old
08-30-2007, 01:00 PM
Bullsmith

Sushi choices are limited, and you get what you pay for in them. Kashima on Greene ave in Westmount has gotten a mile better lately and is cheaper than Miso or Kaizen. If you really want to lay out the bucks for something special in the suhi world, Jun I on Laurier is a true haute cuisine experience. The tuna tartar is out of this world.

On the value side, Le Jardin du Panos on Duluth (N side, 2 blocks E of St. Denis) is a really great bring your own wine Greek restaurant. Small menu, packed place, huge terrace. The food is excellent and cheap. The BYOB brings down the price even more.

Old
08-30-2007, 01:12 PM
Kingbobert
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Charles View Post
It has nothing to do with Greeks, but on a pure food basis, seriously, choosing between Greek food or sushi is like making a choice between a prostitute and a virgin...
it's not for me or i'd pick the greek...umm just look at the flag under my avatar

Old
08-30-2007, 01:15 PM
Kingbobert
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by T5R View Post
For Greek Food: Marathon souvlaki (decarie, laval,west island) great food really low prices.
Village Grec (laval) see above

For italian: Toto's resto bar (on st martin in laval) Its my uncles resto...seriously good and very reasonable prices
Pizza napolitata (somewhere close to little italy) great variety for pizza and pasta low prices, but not the best place to bring a date, more like somewhere to go with a group of friends
kala re,
i live 3 mins away from village and their ever increasing prices...

i was looking for something more dinnerish...

and yes i asked from a greek resto suggestion hoping somebody would have some new resto i hadent heard of to suggest hehe

Old
08-30-2007, 01:17 PM
Kingbobert
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullsmith View Post
Sushi choices are limited, and you get what you pay for in them. Kashima on Greene ave in Westmount has gotten a mile better lately and is cheaper than Miso or Kaizen. If you really want to lay out the bucks for something special in the suhi world, Jun I on Laurier is a true haute cuisine experience. The tuna tartar is out of this world.

On the value side, Le Jardin du Panos on Duluth (N side, 2 blocks E of St. Denis) is a really great bring your own wine Greek restaurant. Small menu, packed place, huge terrace. The food is excellent and cheap. The BYOB brings down the price even more.
Panos has great sirloin steak mmmm

Old
08-30-2007, 01:19 PM
Kingbobert
HFBoards Sponsor

oh ya and to keep in habs board OTish

To Village Grec trades Garth murray

To MTL: Gianni the plate guy

Old
08-30-2007, 01:27 PM
dre2112

Village Grec on Samson

Old
08-30-2007, 01:39 PM
CrazyShea

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Charles View Post
It has nothing to do with Greeks, but on a pure food basis, seriously, choosing between Greek food or sushi is like making a choice between a prostitute and a virgin...
Every time

Old
08-30-2007, 06:03 PM
InGaineyWeTrust*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingbobert View Post
kala re,
i live 3 mins away from village and their ever increasing prices...

i was looking for something more dinnerish...

and yes i asked from a greek resto suggestion hoping somebody would have some new resto i hadent heard of to suggest hehe

me 2 i live 3 min away close to kennedey park how bout u

Old
08-30-2007, 11:50 PM
Ohashi_Jouzu

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyshea View Post
Every time
If you're looking for a conquest instead of a good time, then I agree. Otherwise, doing all the work and the cleanup afterwards just isn't worth it.

Unless, of course, you were talking about sushi everytime over greek food. In which case, I personally can't agree. Sometimes you just need your food to see the inside of an oven or frying pan. I'm not too concerned with my health... yet.

Old
08-31-2007, 02:59 PM
LastChancePrice

OT:Nightwish at Metropolis in October

Anyone excited???

Iv purchase my tickets a few month ago, before hearing the new singer.I dunno if you guys were able to get your hand on their latest album "Dark Passion Play", .Well imo its good, not bad, but Anette doesnt come close to Tarja. The first song of the album...she try to push her voice ...and god its annoying rather than be satisfying when tarja was pusher hers.

I dunno, maybe Nightwish is another group who will fall because they lost their lead singer, and iv very scared to hear the old song with Anette Voice

Old
08-31-2007, 03:04 PM
Garo

I was waiting to hear the next album before... which means I won't have any ticket for sure.

I don't know, I like her voice... but I wouldn't want to hear her singing Kinslayer for example.

Old
08-31-2007, 03:07 PM
Agalloch

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHfan4ever View Post
Anyone excited???

Iv purchase my tickets a few month ago, before hearing the new singer.I dunno if you guys were able to get your hand on their latest album "Dark Passion Play", .Well imo its good, not bad, but Anette doesnt come close to Tarja. The first song of the album...she try to push her voice ...and god its annoying rather than be satisfying when tarja was pusher hers.

I dunno, maybe Nightwish is another group who will fall because they lost their lead singer, and iv very scared to hear the old song with Anette Voice
Even tho I hate Nightwish, as a band, they made a good choice by kicking out Tarja of the band. Why? Because she was not 'with the band'. She had her own 'clic' and she was never with the rest of the band except to play music.

Still... power metal like this sucks, I used to like it, but after 5-6 months, you realize it's all the same thing each songs.

Is it the first time you are going to see Nightwish live?

Old
08-31-2007, 03:15 PM
LastChancePrice

Ohh yeah first time im going to see them live.I got a few show of them, bootleg , but never had the chance to see them for real.

Hope it will kick arse and anette will surprise me in show

Old
08-31-2007, 03:42 PM
regularjohn

QOTSA at the metropolis, also in october.

Old
08-31-2007, 04:52 PM
Randal Graves
HFBoards Minecraft

Such a painful subject for me. I was keeping track of their North American tour a few years ago when it got canceled due to visa issues. I checked the site over the next few weeks as they said they would announce new dates but no announcement came. A few months later (days after my birthday) I saw on their site that they had been in town on my birthday.. obviously I was pissed. Now, they are finally coming back, but I don't like the new singer. At least, not the 2 tracks that were available on the website.

The price isn't too bad, but still, it's a major disappointment.

Old
08-31-2007, 06:09 PM
LastChancePrice

Well if you find a little bit "harder", you can find the full album, but all song have this guy speaking 2-3 time in each songs.

Some of the songs ar not bad..but god i miss Tarja!

Old
09-02-2007, 02:18 PM
Lafleurs Guy

Lafleurs is the best fries in town and great steamies.

If anyone is in the Pierrefonds area, Luna Pizza on Gouin is the best in the world.

Old
09-10-2007, 05:27 PM
habsfan88

Hey

Has anyone stayed in Auberge de Jeunesse de Montreal? Is it a decent accomodation for 30 bucks a night?

any info would be appreciated.

Old
09-19-2007, 03:51 PM
COMCASTMONEY
pay ya cable bills.

So me and my buddy will, in fact, be making the trip up in February for the Flyers/Habs game it looks like, spending Friday night, Saturday and Sunday and then leaving that Monday. Couple questions:

1. It's pretty obvious tickets to the game are sold out-what's the best way to get a pair of decent seats without having to spend way too much?

2. We're under America's legal drinking age but over Quebec's, so we're clearly going to indulge in that. What are some good local/regional beers to try out? Where to get 'em?

3. Also, cigar stores? Can't get Cubans here in the States.

4. Since the Flyers and Habs are playing Sunday night in Philly, where can we go to watch the game? Maybe not a dedicated sports bar per say, as we're meeting up with my sister that night and she's not exactly the bar type. Any reasonable restaraunts that have a lot of TVs?

Any answers are appreciated. Thanks in advance, fellas.

Old
09-19-2007, 03:56 PM
Seb
Unregistered User

Send a message via MSN to Seb
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctor Hate View Post
4. Since the Flyers and Habs are playing Sunday night in Philly, where can we go to watch the game? Maybe not a dedicated sports bar per say, as we're meeting up with my sister that night and she's not exactly the bar type. Any reasonable restaraunts that have a lot of TVs?

http://www.cageauxsports.com/index_en.aspx

Old
09-20-2007, 06:18 AM
didouche
CHANGE is coming!!!!

Quote:
So me and my buddy will, in fact, be making the trip up in February for the Flyers/Habs game it looks like, spending Friday night, Saturday and Sunday and then leaving that Monday. Couple questions:

1. It's pretty obvious tickets to the game are sold out-what's the best way to get a pair of decent seats without having to spend way too much? the answer in on the first page of this thread

2. We're under America's legal drinking age but over Quebec's, so we're clearly going to indulge in that. What are some good local/regional beers to try out? Where to get 'em? you can get local beer in depanneurs but not all of them. One of the most popular ones is Unibroue beer (al lot of different kinds), Boreale, St-Ambroise

3. Also, cigar stores? Can't get Cubans here in the States. Walk on St-catherines you will find one

4. Since the Flyers and Habs are playing Sunday night in Philly, where can we go to watch the game? Maybe not a dedicated sports bar per say, as we're meeting up with my sister that night and she's not exactly the bar type. Any reasonable restaraunts that have a lot of TVs? check the bars and restaurants section in the first page

Any answers are appreciated. Thanks in advance, fellas.

Old
09-20-2007, 07:24 AM
SpreeEndaz

Quote:
2. We're under America's legal drinking age but over Quebec's, so we're clearly going to indulge in that. What are some good local/regional beers to try out? Where to get 'em?
You can go to bars that do their own beer and that are pretty good like Brutopia which is (I think) on Crescent but very near St-Catherine/Guy.

Old
10-01-2007, 08:49 AM
Beginfan22

OT: Montreal Nightclub scene

I was just wondering if someone had inside sources with the Habs to see where the bulk of the players go after the game to have a good time or a beer. Just let me know.. I will be in town for the home openner. Just let me know.

Old
10-01-2007, 08:55 AM
Bronn
Registered Sellsword

Closed Thread