HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

What is Radulov worth to the Preds

Old
08-30-2007, 10:50 PM
Bring Back Krajicek*

vCash: 500
What is Radulov worth to the Preds

I know he's untouchable and a trade won't happen - but hypothetically speaking, what would Vancouver have to offer to acquire Radulov?
I'm having a bit of a debate with somebody on another message board who proposed the following deal:
Morrison
Schneider
conditional pick

for

Bonk
Radulov

Now, I know it's a ridiculous proposal - but I'm trying to convince him that it's ridiculous, which is tough to do. Not only is this trade undervaluing Radulov, but Bonk is not going to be traded after just being signed. Anyway - what is he actually worth?

Bring Back Krajicek* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-30-2007, 11:50 PM
PredsV82
Puckaroni and cheese

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sopel Hates Crackers View Post
I know he's untouchable and a trade won't happen - but hypothetically speaking, what would Vancouver have to offer to acquire Radulov?
I'm having a bit of a debate with somebody on another message board who proposed the following deal:
Morrison
Schneider
conditional pick

for

Bonk
Radulov

Now, I know it's a ridiculous proposal - but I'm trying to convince him that it's ridiculous, which is tough to do. Not only is this trade undervaluing Radulov, but Bonk is not going to be traded after just being signed. Anyway - what is he actually worth?
I cant say what it would take to get him in trade, but Rads is essentially our version of Vanek... he has the potential to be a 40 goal scorer, which would be a first in preds history.

PredsV82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-31-2007, 06:50 AM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Quote:
Morrison
Schneider
conditional pick

for

Bonk
Radulov

If I were you, I wouldn't stick around for the responses. That package wouldn't touch Radulov alone.

barrytrotzsneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-31-2007, 07:09 AM
handtrick

That trade is about as ridiculous as proposing Radulov for Luongo, straight up, with a straight face.....

In reality, given our budgetary constraints at the present time, there is nobody on your roster or prospect list that would make sense to trade Radulov for.

handtrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-31-2007, 08:09 AM
predperson

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomorekids View Post
If I were you, I wouldn't stick around for the responses. That package wouldn't touch Radulov alone.
I wish someone would explain to me the purpose of these "arm chair GM" trade proposals on here......I just don't get it.

predperson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-31-2007, 08:27 AM
RaiderDoug

Quote:
Morrison
Schneider
conditional pick

for

Bonk
Radulov

Wow, that's bad. But you already knew that.

I dont think Vancouver has a player or combination of players that its willing to trade (i.e. no Luongo) that could get Radulov.

Much less Radulov and Bonk, who I get the feeling is an absolute perfect fit for what Barry Trotz wants to do on the ice.

Honestly, Radulov isnt only a young sniper with 40G potential, he's also a fan favorite (which is more important to Nashville than most other teams). There's nothing in the NHL short of Crosby, Ovechkin, Malkin level that could net Rads.

RaiderDoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-31-2007, 12:27 PM
Enoch
This is my boomstick

Honestly, to get Radulov.......It would take too much. We are talking Ohlund + Bourdon.....if just that. Is that feasible for the Canucks? No. Would this help the Predators? No. The point I'm making is two-fold. One, the two teams are terrible trading partners now that we have dealt Upshall and Hartnell, as well as losing Kariya/Forsberg. Two, Radulov has too much value to this team to move due to our lack of high-end forwards. A three-way trade would be just about the only way a deal could get done. Still, lets be honest here, Radulov, along with Weber, are going nowhere....

08-31-2007, 03:04 PM
mmfs*

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaiderDoug View Post
Wow, that's bad. But you already knew that.

I dont think Vancouver has a player or combination of players that its willing to trade (i.e. no Luongo) that could get Radulov.

Much less Radulov and Bonk, who I get the feeling is an absolute perfect fit for what Barry Trotz wants to do on the ice.

Honestly, Radulov isnt only a young sniper with 40G potential, he's also a fan favorite (which is more important to Nashville than most other teams). There's nothing in the NHL short of Crosby, Ovechkin, Malkin level that could net Rads.
You wouldn't trade Radulov for Getzlaf, Staal, or Vanek?

mmfs* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-31-2007, 03:41 PM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmfs View Post
Not really.

BigFatCat999 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-31-2007, 04:43 PM
Enoch
This is my boomstick

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmfs View Post
Getzlaf - no (although I do really like his game and think the value is there). Staal - yes. Vanek - no....not with the contract he has now.

Enoch is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-31-2007, 06:35 PM
jstreet
Smashville

vCash: 1916
which Staal are we talking about here?

jstreet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-31-2007, 06:52 PM
Paxton Fettel

do you think Rads will score 40 this year?

Paxton Fettel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-31-2007, 10:21 PM
braindead

No, I don't.... although he certainly will have more opportunity than most young players in the league and it isn't outside of the realm of possibility. I'd be thrilled if he could match Kariya's numbers from last year.

braindead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-31-2007, 10:22 PM
PredsV82
Puckaroni and cheese

as I think handtrick was alluding to, rads value to THIS team THIS year is not only that he is very good but he is very cheap. We couldnt trade Rads for Vanek straight up even if both teams wanted to because it would add over 6 million in salary

PredsV82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-31-2007, 10:56 PM
Enoch
This is my boomstick

Quote:
Originally Posted by burnlikestars View Post
which Staal are we talking about here?
I was referring to Eric Staal.

Old
09-01-2007, 07:58 AM
tulsytrid1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enoch View Post
Getzlaf - no (although I do really like his game and think the value is there). Staal - yes. Vanek - no....not with the contract he has now.
Vanek's contract would just put us out of the deal. I agree with Enoch. Stall would be hard to do, but I probably would do it. Though I could change my mind about this tomorrow.

tulsytrid1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-03-2007, 12:13 PM
Christo182

Nothing that you've got on your team..!

Christo182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-09-2007, 12:57 PM
NORiculous

the moon?

NORiculous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-12-2007, 12:53 AM
Aaron Vickers
FC Hockey

Send a message via ICQ to Aaron Vickers Send a message via MSN to Aaron Vickers
He may very well be the key to a successful season for Nashville this year. He's going to get tons of ice by skating a regular shift and play on the first powerplay unit. His offensive creativity will explode this season and he would likely be my first pick for a player in regards to potential point improvement this year.

Old
09-12-2007, 02:31 AM
Catamo
NHL2com League

Quote:
Honestly, to get Radulov.......It would take too much. We are talking Ohlund + Bourdon.....if just that. Is that feasible for the Canucks? No. Would this help the Predators? No. The point I'm making is two-fold. One, the two teams are terrible trading partners now that we have dealt Upshall and Hartnell, as well as losing Kariya/Forsberg. Two, Radulov has too much value to this team to move due to our lack of high-end forwards. A three-way trade would be just about the only way a deal could get done. Still, lets be honest here, Radulov, along with Weber, are going nowhere....
deal.

Catamo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2007, 08:59 AM
UBCsalmonslayer
@2Holmes2

Send a message via ICQ to UBCsalmonslayer Send a message via AIM to UBCsalmonslayer Send a message via MSN to UBCsalmonslayer Send a message via Yahoo to UBCsalmonslayer Send a message via Skype™ to UBCsalmonslayer
I have high expectations for Rads.. 35 goals/75 points this year and 40 goals/85 points next year.

UBCsalmonslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2007, 09:54 AM
Jarnberg

I think its too early to have such high expectations for Radulov this early. Naturally I think we'll see his point total go up with more ice time, and games, especially if he gets even more PP time this year. I do think we'll see him on a top 2 line; however lets see how he handles playing against team's top lines now instead of being used as a third line weapon.

Jarnberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2007, 10:37 AM
Enoch
This is my boomstick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stranger View Post
I think its too early to have such high expectations for Radulov this early. Naturally I think we'll see his point total go up with more ice time, and games, especially if he gets even more PP time this year. I do think we'll see him on a top 2 line; however lets see how he handles playing against team's top lines now instead of being used as a third line weapon.
I think the expectations are realistic IF we had a strong duo of scoring lines. As it is, we may not be quite there. I still expect 30 goals and 60 points out of Radulov. He is too good not to score in offensive situations, and his accuracy is fantastic. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised to see him no. 3 in points at the end of the year behind Arnott and Dumont.

I know its crazy to pin our hopes on Radulov, but can we do any less after his playoff performance? He is a fantastic offensive talent, easily the best on this team. Lets hope it continues to translate well.

Old
09-24-2007, 11:08 AM
Jarnberg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enoch View Post
I think the expectations are realistic IF we had a strong duo of scoring lines. As it is, we may not be quite there. I still expect 30 goals and 60 points out of Radulov. He is too good not to score in offensive situations, and his accuracy is fantastic. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised to see him no. 3 in points at the end of the year behind Arnott and Dumont.

I know its crazy to pin our hopes on Radulov, but can we do any less after his playoff performance? He is a fantastic offensive talent, easily the best on this team. Lets hope it continues to translate well.
I'm not saying he's going to slump and go Arkhipov on us. However, to automatically pin him for 35-50 goals is a bit much. Obviously he has alot going in his favor. He's going to get a full season (barring injury) up with the big club, hopefully more ice time (you never know with Trotz.....), hopefully more PP time, more consistent linemates (well somewhat, there is the Trotz factor, but he should be playing with Legwand and Erat and not Tootoo...), and hopefully natural growth as a player (more experience, rounding out game). However, there are also question marks there as well, can he handle now being focused on? Can he handle new pressures? Can he continue to grow his game?

I myself would probably answer yes to those last questions just based on what we've seen from him, but he still needs to answer them this year. I think if people were to look back over some of my previous posts, they'd see that I'm a huge Radulov supporter and fan. However, lets not rush into the assumption that he's going to put up big time points right away.

He is something that we really haven't had before though and will be a special player in my opinion.

(And yes, Radulov was fantastic in the playoffs. Well, until his suspension...) I know its pretty much impossible, but I would have loved to see us convince Hornqvist to stay, sign Forsberg and put them together with Radulov just to see what comes out of that line... Although thats a bit of a NHL 0whatever line, lol.

Jarnberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2007, 11:21 AM
Enoch
This is my boomstick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stranger View Post
I'm not saying he's going to slump and go Arkhipov on us. However, to automatically pin him for 35-50 goals is a bit much. Obviously he has alot going in his favor. He's going to get a full season (barring injury) up with the big club, hopefully more ice time (you never know with Trotz.....), hopefully more PP time, more consistent linemates (well somewhat, there is the Trotz factor, but he should be playing with Legwand and Erat and not Tootoo...), and hopefully natural growth as a player (more experience, rounding out game). However, there are also question marks there as well, can he handle now being focused on? Can he handle new pressures? Can he continue to grow his game?

I myself would probably answer yes to those last questions just based on what we've seen from him, but he still needs to answer them this year. I think if people were to look back over some of my previous posts, they'd see that I'm a huge Radulov supporter and fan. However, lets not rush into the assumption that he's going to put up big time points right away.

He is something that we really haven't had before though and will be a special player in my opinion.

(And yes, Radulov was fantastic in the playoffs. Well, until his suspension...) I know its pretty much impossible, but I would have loved to see us convince Hornqvist to stay, sign Forsberg and put them together with Radulov just to see what comes out of that line... Although thats a bit of a NHL 0whatever line, lol.
Don't get me wrong, I understand your reasoning, and it is hard not to agree with you. I just feel Radulov is not going to follow the typical Trotzian offensive player pathway - he is simply too good. His talent is unquestionable. The one knock I think most of us had on him last year was his poor skating. After the Forsberg acqusition, his skating and strength on his skates completely changed. For that reason, I am a believer that he will hit 30+ goals this year. If he can stay strong on his skates and play as he did down the stretch, he can be a dominant player in this league. I believe he has taken that step. Will their be slumps? Yes. Will their be extremely high expectations? Yes. Will he excel? I truly believe he will.