HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
National Hockey League Talk Discuss NHL players, teams, games, and the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

Will the Leafs underestimate the Pens on Thurs...

Closed Thread

Old
03-12-2004, 05:37 PM
Killer 93

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by stardog
Does his being a fan of a given team make what he is saying any less true?.
It does when he has stated how much he hates the Leafs.

Old
03-12-2004, 05:38 PM
Mr Jiggyfly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen
The league is a gate driven league. If TV ratings meant that much to revenues, Pittsburgh would be on easy street wouldn't they?

I don't care how you spin it. Chicago is a godawful team. They average about 13000. The Caps are in terrible shape, they average about 14000. Florida Panthers: 15000+.

http://www.hispeed.rogers.com/sports...attendance.jsp

I'm sure there are a lot of passionate Pens fans, but don't tell me support for this team is strong because there's a lot of activity on message boards and a lot of people watching them on TV. The support really isn't there at the gate, AHL team or not.
For starters, the discussion wasn't about financing.

We all agree the Pens need a new CBA and a new arena.

Furthermore, please learn a little more about the city of Pgh before you make stupid comments.

The city won't build them an arena, you are right. They didn't build the Steelers or Pirates stadiums as well.

That funding came through the state level, and will again for the arena.

Funding is being held up by the federal gov't who enacted a law to grant slot parlor licenses to Native Americans.

This has nothing to do with the city, or state. Once it is worked out, the arena will be built. Just some political red tape that needs to be cut though, as usual.

The Penguins also avg. 14,000 people at each home game last season. So does that qualify? Feel free to check your little stats.

Again, 14 game home losing streak, 11,000+ in attendance, 5th in TV ratings. How many fans would show up if their favorite NHL team started to lose 14 games in a row? I doubt 11,000.

Also taking into consideration this is, and will always be a Steeler town. This isn't like the Leafs who don't have to fight with another Pro sports team for fans. What else does Toronto have? The Blue Jays? Get real.

Yet, fans still come out, 11,000+ a night, to watch the Pens. The rest watch on TV, over 700,00 people, 5th highest in the league.

There is no support here though, right?

Old
Quagmier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaf Defender
You are applauding this idiots biased view of Maple Leaf fans?
Actually I believe he was applauding "this idiot's" defense of the Penguins. Its not always about the leafs you know.

Anyways, losing to the worst team in the NHL is emabrassing, but it does happen. There is absolutely no need to attack and belittle an organization in a rebuilding mode. Pretty classless, and as of now, it is Maple Leafs fans who are guilty.

I've said it before... Karma's a Biatch, loose with dignity and you'd possibly win more often.

Old
stardog

Quote:
You are applauding this idiots biased view of Maple Leaf fans?
No, I am applauding this "poster" (idiot is rather harsh) because what he said is true. See above post.
And if you would like to keep this thread open for discussion, I wouldnt refer to any one certain poster as an idiot, as the MODS don't take kindly to it.

Old
03-12-2004, 05:39 PM
Killer 93

Quote:
Originally Posted by #44_delivers
oh did i hurt your feeling?
i apologise.

BTW calling me an idiot proves my point more so, and i dont hate the leafs just there cocky and egotistical fans.
I just call them as they are. You are a Leaf Hater, why should anyone take your view of Leafs fans seriously, unless they are as dumb as you?

Old
03-12-2004, 05:40 PM
stardog

Quote:
It does when he has stated how much he hates the Leafs.
And for the rest of my post? Is there any merit to that? Does it give the certain posters who are in question the right to bash my team? Do you find it acceptable?

Old
03-12-2004, 05:42 PM
Killer 93

Quote:
Originally Posted by stardog
No, I am applauding this "poster" (idiot is rather harsh) because what he said is true. See above post.
And if you would like to keep this thread open for discussion, I wouldnt refer to any one certain poster as an idiot, as the MODS don't take kindly to it.
I hope the thread does get closed. It's just a place for 'people' like #44_delivers to come and get more kicks on the Leafs in.

As for me calling him an idiot..he insulted a whole group of people. Obviously he thinks tossing insults around is fair game.

It's kind of strange, he calls a huge group of people "sad and pathetic", and I argue that, and I am the bad guy. Funny how that works.

Old
03-12-2004, 05:45 PM
Sotnos

This is done, and several of you should be checking your PMs very soon. While you're waiting, you can read the board rules under FAQ up at the top of the screen.

Closed Thread