HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
National Hockey League Talk Discuss NHL players, teams, games, and the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

Karpovtsev - Pat Foleys Rant

Closed Thread

Old
03-11-2004, 10:42 PM
Behn Wilson

vCash: 500
Karpovtsev - Pat Foleys Rant Tonight

Thanks again to Milbury for taking this pile of dung off our hands. Hawks announcer extraordinare Pat Foley out of the blue absoutely crucified Krapo at the end of the second period tonight. Hawk fans are giving Pat a standing O on message boards tonight for this well deserved shellacking.

Basically called him out as a drunk, bad teammate, sandbagger who milked his contract and would do anything to get out of playing. Here is the transcript from Blackhawkzone.com:

Good Riddance! By Frank Porcelli
Date: 03/11/2004

In case you missed it, here is what Foley said:

" This is a very happy day Troy. This is a very happy day for this Blackhawk fan because I am never again going to have to see Alexander Karpovtsev in a Blackhawk uniform.

You know, Karpovtsev is actually a pretty good defenseman, I am going to qualify my comments by saying that he is a good defenseman (Video footage starts to play on Fox Sports Net Chicago) When he plays, and that is the rub. Because Alexander Karpovtsev looks for any excuse not to play and in his time in Chicago he is the worst excuse for a teammate that I have seen in my two decades of doing this job.

A couple of examples: ten minutes before a warmup two weeks ago (Foley talking as Karpotvsev: My shoulder hurts) and forcing a young defenseman who didn't anticipate playing had to scurry into his uniform and dress in the game.

He was ready to come back from an ankle injury earlier this season getting set to rejoin the lineup, had a collision in practice. (Foley talking as Karpotvsev: I have a concussion )

Well Doctor Karpotvsev, always had an excuse, always milked the system. He came to the Blackhawks in a trade for Bryan McCabe, who has gone on to be an All Star in Toronto. Even before that, Bryan McCabe was a guy who cared and who tried. The Toronto Players, when that trade was made, we couldn't believe that they got Bryan McCabe for Dean Martin.

Let me tell you something, Alexander Karpovtsev doesn't sing and when you are trying to bring along a young team, this is not the kind of veteran you want around young people in any way, shape or form.

That deal was one of the worst deals in the history of the Chicago Blackhawks and when Mike Smith writes him memoirs about his time in Chicago, I have the title for that chapter. Disaster!

So kudos to Bob Pulford and Dale Tallon for being able to get anything more than a role of tape for this overpaid, underachiever.

Alexander Karpovtsev is now the New York Islanders problem and that will be his last National Hockey league stop.

He basically in my opinion was a disgrace to the uniform when he was in Chicago.

As he leaves Chicago, I have one feeling for Alexander Karpovtsev: Good Riddance!"

Last edited by Behn Wilson: 03-11-2004 at 10:47 PM.
Old
03-11-2004, 10:48 PM
Stuy

You can listen to the audio here

http://www.hockey-humor.com/PatVKarp.mp3

03-12-2004, 01:20 AM
Trottier
Very Random

Postscript to Foley's critique:

Karpotsev was wretched in NYI's 5-4 loss tonight in San Jose. Cheechoo outhustled him to the puck in the corner, got it back to the point and then outraced "Dean Martin" :p back to the net to score the goal. Wonderful. Later took a penalty caused by being behind the play.

One game, but the guy looked exactly like the player he is...one who plays a couple of times a month on average.

Only saving grace is that NYI is off the hook at the end of the season. That said, when the trade was made Tuesday, my thinking was that team "only" gave up a 4th for him. May very well turn out to be an overpayment.

PPS - Milbury apparently went to Yashin to get an opinion on his friend Karpotsev, as a person, prior to making the deal.

Yashin is the player you want judging another's character?!

Last edited by Trottier: 03-12-2004 at 03:48 PM.
Old
03-12-2004, 01:25 AM
Mizral

From one circus tent to another, as far as I see it. No offense to Hawks or Isles fans.

A damning rant, but a correct one. I've heard complaints about Karpovstev faking injuries for years, and I believe that's one of the main reasons he was traded out of Toronto.

Old
03-12-2004, 02:00 AM
st_roland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trottier
Postscript to Foley's critique:

Karpotsev was wretched in NYI's 5-4 loss tonight in San Jose. Cheechoo outhustled him to the puck in the corner, got it back to the point and then outraced "Dean Martin" :p back to the net to score the goal. Wonderful. Later took a penalty caused by being behind the play.

One game, but the guy looked exactly like the player he is...one who play a couple of times a month on average.

Only saving grace is that NYI is off the hook at the end of the season. That said, when the trade was made Tuesday, thinking here was that team only gave up a 4th for him. May very well turn out to be an overpayment.

PPS - Milbury apparently went to Yashin to get an opinion on his friend Karpotsev, as a person, prior to making the deal.

Yashin is the player you want judging another's character?!

I feel for you man. Maybe Wang can nab Burke if the Canucks cut him loose? I know hes a whiny drama queen, but he built a pretty good team in Vancouver.

Old
03-12-2004, 07:25 AM
PSUhockey34

I heard he's a fatty, conditioning is on par with medvedev

Old
03-12-2004, 07:33 AM
V for Voodoo

Send a message via AIM to V for Voodoo Send a message via MSN to V for Voodoo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trottier
They are the absolute best of friends, I remember everytime Toronto, or Chicago would come to town Yashin would go pickup his buddy the night before the game. Two guys like this... best friends.. a match made in heaven as far as i'm concerned

Old
03-12-2004, 08:17 AM
Frozen North
Healthy Scratch

I'm a bit confused...I thought Blackhawks games weren't televised?

Old
03-12-2004, 08:34 AM
Theoren Fan

Send a message via AIM to Theoren Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetRanger
I'm a bit confused...I thought Blackhawks games weren't televised?

Home games aren't. They were in New Jersey I believe

Old
03-12-2004, 09:45 AM
sveiglar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Behn Wilson
Basically called him out as a drunk, bad teammate, sandbagger who milked his contract and would do anything to get out of playing.
Drunk? I didn't read or hear anything about a drinking problem in the tirade. Is that a well-known problem of his?

BTW, the audio version was very entertaining.

Old
03-12-2004, 09:54 AM
Frozen North
Healthy Scratch

It's hard to give someone the nickname "Dean Martin" without implying that they enjoy the sauce...

Old
03-12-2004, 10:37 AM
sveiglar

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetRanger
It's hard to give someone the nickname "Dean Martin" without implying that they enjoy the sauce...
Sorry, I only knew that Martin sang.. not drank... which probably is to say that I don't know much about Martin at all.

Old
03-12-2004, 10:59 AM
shakes
Ancient Astronaut

Quote:
Originally Posted by sveiglar
Sorry, I only knew that Martin sang.. not drank... which probably is to say that I don't know much about Martin at all.
Some would argue that Martin was more known for his drinking than his singing..

Old
03-12-2004, 11:44 AM
pld459666

The real secret behind Dean Martin

Quote:
Originally Posted by shakes
Some would argue that Martin was more known for his drinking than his singing..

was that 90% of the time, anything you saw in his glass wasn't the sauce, but rather water (martini's) and apple juice (scotch)

Dean Martin was a better actor than he was given credit for.

As for Karpotsev, hitting the bottle may have been the reason he scored on Richter WHILE playing for the Rangers. If I'm not mistaken it also happened dureing the PO's.

what a funny guy

Old
03-12-2004, 03:52 PM
Trottier
Very Random

One suspects that "Dino" Karpotsev was drinking pre-game with Nabakov and Dipietro based on the way those two played in net last night. Poor display of goaltending at both ends.

Old
03-12-2004, 04:32 PM
Teemu

Hate to tell you so, but we told you so.

Old
03-12-2004, 06:53 PM
CREW99AW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teemu08
Hate to tell you so, but we told you so.

again.The isles are renting Karpovtsev to give them depth,for 12-14 reg season games and any playoff games they appear in.

a 4th in a so-so draft is not a big loss.

Closed Thread