HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Notices

team style

Old
09-04-2007, 03:14 PM
BobMarleyNYR

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to BobMarleyNYR
team style

Hey guys, Iím doing my own research on different styles/systems of hockey. Iíd be happy to share my findings with everyone come mid-season.

I just want to ask you guys what is your organizations system of hockey like; obviously this includes everything from coaching, tempo, offense, forechecking, transition game, physicality, special teams, etc. I mean, donít go nuts, but Iím hoping that with input from numerous people, I can get better details.

Iím aware western hockey is tighter, tougher and more defensive. Iím also pretty familiar with the NE seaboard, but not an expert. Thatís where you guys come in

So what is your teamís system (line-by-line breakdowns would make my day!)?

Thanks in advance!

BobMarleyNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-04-2007, 03:46 PM
PhillyFlyers1796

vCash: 500
Flyers hockey has always relied on the physical element to be successful...that started in the broadstreet bully days and just has stuck. Its hard to really know how all of the new additions will come together, but id imagine id be something like this...

Gagne-Briere-Lupul - speed speed speed. gagne's deadliest weapon has always been his speed, and he has some good size aswell. Id like so see him really be the leader of this line, and allow brieres speed and skill to compliment his play. I think lupul could do well with these guys and really reach his potential...but ill admit idk much about him.

Hartnell-Carter-Knuble - dump and chase - Carter is a big center with a lot of speed and a killer shot...id like to see knuble and hartnell, 2 power forwards, diging pucks out of the corner...then setting carter up for a shot, while they screen and feed off his rebounds.

Upshall-Richards-Kapanen - Richards is a great defensive center, a great guy to have centering your shutdown unit. Kapanen is a veteran and also very smart defensivly, as is upshall...and sami and scotty are rather small but play with a lot of grit. This i think is the line you want out against the other teams best players...and theirs a mix of speed and skill that could potentially produce some good O numbers.

Eager-Umberger-Downie - Idk if downie will make the team, but all id want from this line is to see eager and downie just pound the hell out of the other team. I think umberger is more fit for a higher line role, which is why i hope we send him somewhere he can get that chance.

Thats kinda my take on things...but a lot could change. Forsberg could be thrown in there soon making the line up completely different.

PhillyFlyers1796 is offline   Reply With Quote