HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Jessiman?

Closed Thread

Old
09-06-2007, 10:59 PM
BklyNYR4Life

vCash: 500
Jessiman?

what are people's thoughts on the progression, or somewhat lack there of for Jessiman? I know when he was drafted, he was slated to be a longterm project in order to round out into his potential (hopefully), and I'm by no means under the belief he should be rushed, but I find it kind of bothering that a lot of guys seem to have surpassed him in the rangers prospect depth chart. I would hope at this point, he'd at least put in a great camp, and make it a real tough choice for the rangers braintrust to send him to hartford, and hopefully dominate in the AHL, but even that seems unlikely at this point. again, I dont think he should be rushed, but his stagnet progression while other guys are developing at a better pace has me worried about his role in the franchise.

Old
09-06-2007, 11:05 PM
Son of Steinbrenner

Old
09-06-2007, 11:05 PM
BklyNYR4Life

productive...informative....thoughtful...I like your style

Old
09-06-2007, 11:11 PM
Son of Steinbrenner

Quote:
Originally Posted by BklyNYR4Life View Post
productive...informative....thoughtful...I like your style
it's all been discussed before....

prepare to hear about Getzlaf and Parise...

then somebody is going to say Stoll over Falardeau in 2002...

then somebody is going to say "the draft is a crapshoot"

then somebody is going to point out that every other person drafted in the first round has played in the nhl..

then somebody is going to say OMG!!!!! who's Jessiman?

then somebody is going to point power forwards take longer to develop...

then somebody is going to say that the Rangers farm system was not in a postion to make such a high risk pick...

then somebody that doesn't really know the history of the team is going to point to a bunch of first round flops...Jeff Brown, Michael Stewart, Brendl, and they'll lump in Cherneski and Blackburn forgetting that they were both injured and showed promise..

then they'll be a pissing match (i might be involved..who knows) then somebody will get the thread back on topic...

then a Devils fan will point too Parise again and how the Rangers system sucks...(not being true) another pissing match...

Then the Mods will shut the thread down...

informative enough?

Last edited by Son of Steinbrenner: 09-06-2007 at 11:17 PM.
Old
09-06-2007, 11:16 PM
Pizza

I'd say that about sums it up.

Old
09-06-2007, 11:25 PM
BklyNYR4Life

that sounds pretty good. sorry my desire to have a conversation on the matter trampled on your ego...cause yeah, I'm sure your forum browsing is oh SO important

Old
09-07-2007, 12:08 AM
n8
WAAAAAAA!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BklyNYR4Life View Post
that sounds pretty good. sorry my desire to have a conversation on the matter trampled on your ego...cause yeah, I'm sure your forum browsing is oh SO important
More like, your desire to have a conversation was clouded by the fact that a simple search for "Jessiman" would have turned up a plethora of such threads. SoS's extremely accurate summary of past Jessiman threads that saved you from having to dig through all 1000 or so posts relating to said topic seemed to have trampled on your ego to be heard and feel important.

then somebody points out Brian Boyle has yet to play a game in the NHL

then somebody points out how his last two seasons at Boston College were 1+point per game seasons.

then somebody starts a thread asking about Jessiman.

Old
09-07-2007, 12:31 AM
BDubinskyNYR17*

Send a message via AIM to BDubinskyNYR17*
Quote:
Originally Posted by n8 View Post
More like, your desire to have a conversation was clouded by the fact that a simple search for "Jessiman" would have turned up a plethora of such threads. SoS's extremely accurate summary of past Jessiman threads that saved you from having to dig through all 1000 or so posts relating to said topic seemed to have trampled on your ego to be heard and feel important.

then somebody points out how his last two seasons at Boston College were 1+point per game seasons.

and the Kings turned Boyle into a dman. Brown, Seabrook and Getzlaf lol, then people will say Havlat in the 99 draft and we took brendl and lundmark, ok i said it lol lets go rangers

Old
09-07-2007, 12:40 AM
Inferno
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCallahan43 View Post
and the Kings turned Boyle into a dman. Brown, Seabrook and Getzlaf lol, then people will say Havlat in the 99 draft and we took brendl and lundmark, ok i said it lol lets go rangers
there were 204 players taken before Henrik Lundqvist in the 2000 draft.

Old
09-07-2007, 01:31 AM
BDubinskyNYR17*

Send a message via AIM to BDubinskyNYR17*
Quote:
Originally Posted by inferno272 View Post
there were 204 players taken before Henrik Lundqvist in the 2000 draft.
and prucha and hollweg, im shocked we do better with late round and undrafted players.

Guys like former Ranger Ortmeyer, and current guys like Hollweg, Prucha, Lundqvist, Girardi and maybe Busto.

Old
09-07-2007, 02:10 AM
DarthSather99

I saw the heading of this thread and just laughed so hard.

I'm putting on my boxing gloves and will await TrueBlue and others.

I've copied all my previous responses to their previous responses and will eagerly await to paste..

um...let's not and say we did ....

Old
09-07-2007, 02:15 AM
DarthSather99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pizza View Post
Please don't. The guy is already pushing a pretty big rock up a steep hill.

Good to read something nice about him. Good point about Hossa here as well.
I have stuck with Jessiman and Hossa .... it's the Irish stubborn gene in me ...

Old
09-07-2007, 07:38 AM
Shadowtron

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthSather99 View Post
I saw the heading of this thread and just laughed so hard.

I'm putting on my boxing gloves and will await TrueBlue and others.

I've copied all my previous responses to their previous responses and will eagerly await to paste..

um...let's not and say we did ....
You better lace them nice and tight, because I'm bringing the thunder and the lightning.

Old
09-07-2007, 08:42 AM
SPG

Quote:
Originally Posted by n8 View Post

To be fair, the search feature doesn't seem to be working... unless its just me.

Old
09-07-2007, 09:28 AM
Son of Steinbrenner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Melnyk View Post
You gotta love how, in true HF fashion, Some posters who go on and on and on ad nauseum about the same thing criticize a poster for beating a dead horse. Unbelivable.

Fact of the matter is that it is a very valid post and valid timing as far as Ranger prospects go. Of course, Jessiman will never be whant many hoped he might become when drafted, but because of his size, skating and skill, he still has a chance to be a decent NHLer.

This year is, ahem, huge to him...During his second stint in Hartford last year he played much more physical and straigh forward...He needs to continue that this year and do it consistently, as well as show he can use his attibutes when the game is fast.A big guy who plays physical and has some skill will be welcome on any team. it's time for Jessiman to show whether he is or isn't that guy..

it isn't a valid post and it isn't something that hasn't been discussed 1000x times on this board...

as for repeating yourself....YOU aren't one to talk....

Old
09-07-2007, 10:12 AM
Son of Steinbrenner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Melnyk View Post
Everything on this board has been repeated out the yin yang, just like the majority of your posts...There is precious little that is original...And I too am as guilty as anybody...But that's what message boards are

So, who the hell are you or anybody else other then a moderator to make such proclamations about what other people want to talk about at this point in time.?
I wasn't playing moderator but it's the start of a new season and this is a tired subject...

can you add something new to it?

lets hear your NEW and improved point of view on it...

the majority of my posts are at least original thoughts...can you say the same?

Old
09-07-2007, 10:27 AM
JR#9*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Son of Steinbrenner View Post
I wasn't playing moderator but it's the start of a new season and this is a tired subject...

the majority of my posts are at least original thoughts...can you say the same?

Larry is/has been a valued member of HF for a long time.

And as he said what here hasn't been discussed a million times?

If somebody wants to discuss Jessiman here they have every right to start a thread about it and whoever thinks it'd old doesn't have to read and/or respond to it.

Old
09-07-2007, 10:36 AM
Melrose_Jr.

Quote:

I too think it's a valid topic this close to camp. The question is not how far has Hugh's star fallen, more what, if anything, can he bring to the organization at camp and beyond. I think it's interesting to see how perceptions have changed over the past year.

Old
09-07-2007, 10:39 AM
Shadowtron

Quote:
Originally Posted by JR#9 View Post

If somebody wants to discuss Jessiman here they have every right to start a thread about it and whoever thinks it'd old doesn't have to read and/or respond to it.
Jessimen is going to be discussed until he either makes it or is 'thrown to the wolves'. It's a sore subject for a lot of people. I don't think SOS is truly down on discussing previously-discussed topics (I agree with Larry, message boards are repitition) so much as the ensuing verbal spats that this particular subject always seems to generate.

Old
09-07-2007, 10:46 AM
Pizza

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthSather99 View Post
I have stuck with Jessiman and Hossa .... it's the Irish stubborn gene in me ...
That's great. I can't help but to root for the guy despite how frustratingly slow his development has been.

Old
09-07-2007, 10:57 AM
Son of Steinbrenner

Quote:
Originally Posted by JR#9 View Post

I don't care if Larry is a first time poster or a long time poster....what he said has been discussed a million times...there isn't anything new to discuss with jessiman...Did camp start yet? aren't we going to just relive what's been discussed 1000x times about Jessiman? I'll respond to something that is assine...Like another Jessiman post...a post about signing Peca (man you got that one right )

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melrose_Jr. View Post
I too think it's a valid topic this close to camp. The question is not how far has Hugh's star fallen, more what, if anything, can he bring to the organization at camp and beyond. I think it's interesting to see how perceptions have changed over the past year.

The questions and answers of what Hugh can bring to the organization has been asked and answered...AND...at this point (still in the offseason) who can come up with something new about Jessiman?

If you want too see how perceptions changed look at the 20 other Jessiman threads...are you saying you need a monthly or weekly poll to see how perceptions have changed on Jessiman?

just scroll a few pages...then a few more pages.....

Old
09-07-2007, 11:04 AM
Son of Steinbrenner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowtron View Post
Jessimen is going to be discussed until he either makes it or is 'thrown to the wolves'. It's a sore subject for a lot of people. I don't think SOS is truly down on discussing previously-discussed topics (I agree with Larry, message boards are repitition) so much as the ensuing verbal spats that this particular subject always seems to generate.
When it comes to Jessiman nobody can add anything new at this point...NOT ONE PERSON...

this isn't about me playing mod or telling people what to post...this is just a tired subject....

Old
09-07-2007, 11:10 AM
BigE

I think with the influx of newbies around here we might have to expect some of this repetitive garbage.

Read the FAQs of the forum: one of them is bound to say SEARCH BEFORE YOU POST!!

Old
09-07-2007, 11:13 AM
Son of Steinbrenner

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigE View Post
I think with the influx of newbies around here we might have to expect some of this repetitive garbage.

Read the FAQs of the forum: one of them is bound to say SEARCH BEFORE YOU POST!!
Larry, JR, and Melrose obviously disagree...

Old
09-07-2007, 11:16 AM
Melrose_Jr.

Quote:
If you want too see how perceptions changed look at the 20 other Jessiman threads...are you saying you need a monthly or weekly poll to see how perceptions have changed on Jessiman?
As I said, the context is different in those threads. This thread is about whether Jessiman will be able to stick in HFD for the season and possibly even be a 4th line call-up at some point as he prepares to come to camp.

If you don't have an opinion or simply don't care, why bother posting at all? That's what I do when I don't have anything to contribute.

Closed Thread