HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > NCAA, CIS, and other college
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
NCAA, CIS, and other college Discuss college/university news, players, leagues, games, and tournaments.

The OFFICIAL Aigles Bleus Thread

Old
03-31-2007, 04:37 PM
BlueEagle

vCash: 500
The OFFICIAL Aigles Bleus Thread

As a 1st year student at UdeM, I have had the privilege to watch all the aigles bleus games for free. I have to say that I am already a huge fan and I nearly cried when they lost to UNB in the finals, Felt so bad for Scott Toner.
Now I am wondering whats going to happen with the team next year. I have hear rumours that they are only losing Toner and Busque. Toner's eligibility is expired and Busque has been offered a contract in Europe next year, I got this info from one of my friends who has talked to both players.I found this pretty strange because UdeM had 9 players playing their 4th year and I would've thought that they would lose all 9 players, but I guess they only take 3-4 courses per semester so they can stay the extra year.
Does anyone have any info about who might come and play for UdeM net year? I have looked pretty much everywhere for this and haven't found anything.

BlueEagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2007, 06:43 AM
Foredeck

They are losing Toner for sure, he is no longer eligible. They are losing Karl Morin or Maclean, not sure which one for the same reason as well. They can play for 5 years, not 4. That's why they are only losing two.

I personally think JF Cyr is not returning, since he did not play much in the 2nd half.

Rumors are that Busque will be offered a pro contract (I would guess ECHL or Europe), but I think he'll return.

I believe those are the only ones in question. They need to replace at least one defenceman and one forward in order to remain at the same level.

We should know shortly if anyone is signing up. The auction is at the end of April I believe. It's a fundraiser for the Club des Aigles, and they'll know who signed from the Q.

The team will be hungry next year. However, both Alberta and UofS were in rebuilding mode this year, so it'll be thougher next year. UNB is practically in the same boat as Moncton, so they should be as competitive, if not more so.

One good thing is that Yvon Fontaine was into the games, he was trying to start the wave. So, he'll support the team.

And, hopefully Mongrain will improve. Stop playing players who deserve it, and play the ones who have the skills.

Foredeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2007, 09:11 AM
Alpine

In the last Wildcats broadcast from Halifax, they mentioned that Christian Gaudet will be with Les Aigles. Also in a recent LHJMQ site interview JC Sawyer (Cape Breton) a Saint John native said he'll try for a pro contract and if he doesn't get a satisfactory offer he'll attend a Maritime University. Both of these guys have been long rumoured to be joining UdeM. The addition of Sawyer would be nice on the blue line.
Since I have nothing confirmed on anything I'm saying I'll put in the graduating 20's with the Beavers who are already attending UdeM. Martin Richard, Mathieu Berube, Mathieu Richard, Luc LeBlanc, and I want to say Scott Judson but I'm thinking he's going to Mount A, so I'll just stick his name in for the heck of it.
Beavers and UdeM have some history together. Of the seven NBers on the 06-07 roster four maybe five came from the Maritime Junior A League.
Gotta love it season just ended and I'm rife with gossip and guesses for next year already.
EDIT: Stroznyski, still has one year left, right?

Last edited by Alpine: 04-01-2007 at 09:33 AM.
Alpine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2007, 01:33 PM
Foredeck

There are a lot of rumors because the team has a lot of potential, which is nice compared to previous years.

Strozinsky should be back next year. I am thinking he'll get a pro contract in europe next year.

I think Gaudet will try to make the team, but from what I've seen (haven't seen him this year), he migh tmake the 4th line. He would take Robichaud's place. They need a goal scorer.

I doubt many players from the Beavers will make the team. They could sign one or two as 4th lines/practice squad.

Foredeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2007, 08:23 AM
Alpine

As far s the Beavers players you're most likely right. With maybe the exception of Berube who left the Quebec Jr A league (LHJAAAQ) to attend UdeM.
Quite the thing in the T&T this AM about Gaudet finishing the year in the AHL with Springfield. So I guess he'll give pro a shot first. I hope if he doesn't get an AHL contract that he'll play CIS 1st before slogging it out in the low minors. Just my opinion but a smarter thing to do. Since after this season with the Wildcats he'll have one year of a BBA under his belt, may as well finish it as play ECHL or under.

Last edited by Alpine: 04-06-2007 at 08:31 AM.
Old
05-25-2007, 02:48 PM
BlueEagle

Any news on who UdeM are linning up for??

Gaudet sounds like a sure shot.... who else do you beleive is going to suit up in "Bleu et or"

Old
06-05-2007, 07:19 PM
mbastarache

They want Chris Gaudet but he isn't really interested. He has his tryout in the AHL and a few offers from the east coast league and europe. His girlfriend is in ottawa so he has nothing tieing him down in moncton. He's done the home town boy long enough

mbastarache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2007, 09:06 PM
BlueEagle

Word out of town here (Grand-Falls, NB) that scott toner is coming to play for the local men's senior team,the cataracts. I find this kinda baffling that a player of Toner's Calibre,is going from CIS and downgrading to a senior league.
I guess he decided to not exercise his option to go play in europe and opted to settle down an start his post hockey life.Thats what happens when you're good, but not good enough for the big leagues. I guess this will give me a reason to go see a Cats game, its going to be fun tp see how Toner will dominate in this league.

Old
08-30-2007, 05:19 PM
BlueEagle

I was looking at the pre-season schedule and noticed that Les aigles are playing an exibition game against the New York Islanders. Do they usually play NHL teams during the preseason or this a new thing?

To be honest I am pumped to see this, does anyone know where they will be playing ?

Old
08-30-2007, 06:01 PM
touffe

Just to let you know that Busque have signed
with St-Georges CRS Express (LNAH).

touffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-30-2007, 08:17 PM
Bernier26

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueEagle View Post
I was looking at the pre-season schedule and noticed that Les aigles are playing an exibition game against the New York Islanders. Do they usually play NHL teams during the preseason or this a new thing?

To be honest I am pumped to see this, does anyone know where they will be playing ?
Where did you hear this? It would make sense as the Islanders played exibitions against Acadia and STFX last year.

Bernier26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-31-2007, 05:34 AM
Alpine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernier26 View Post
Where did you hear this? It would make sense as the Islanders played exibitions against Acadia and STFX last year.
Well, I stopped by the Caisse Populaire on St George this AM to empty what's left of my pay-cheque and there were UdeM pocket schedules at the ATM's.
20 sept NYI à UdeM
28 sept McGill à UdeM
29 sept McGill à UdeM
3 oct UPEI à UdeM ( Arthur J LeBlanc Arena)

Old
08-31-2007, 08:04 AM
BlueEagle

Yup I got my little pocket schedule yesterday, wonder what will be the cost?? I think it will be at the 4-ice center. I got all kinds of papers and stuff at the university and one of the papers had this written on it

NY Islanders @ UdeM 19h (H-C.-4 Glaces) I can't wait for this, should be good

Edit: Does H-C = Hors Concours??

Old
09-01-2007, 02:21 PM
Bernier26

Aigles Bleus sidebar image

Quote:
Originally Posted by buffaloed
You can now add an extra image in the postbit/sidebar (eg. your favorite team's logo). To do so go to User CP--->Edit Profile. At the bottom you'll find the option to add an image to the sidebar.

Simply put in the url for your image. Don't use any tags. The size limit is 40x40 px. Urls for NHL logos can be found here
We can now show off our Aigles Bleus pride by having their logo in our sidebar! Just paste this url in the sidebar section of your user CP:
http://hfboards.com/imagehosting/4013246d9b961c8bb3.jpg

Old
09-01-2007, 03:56 PM
BlueEagle

VERY NICE!! thanks dude

Old
09-02-2007, 06:05 PM
Bernier26

Jamie McCabe will not be returning for Moncton this season.

It's too bad because he seemed to have so much potential ... CIS hockey just didn't fit his style well.

Old
09-02-2007, 08:51 PM
BlueEagle

[QUOTE=Bernier26;10322908]Jamie McCabe will not be returning for Moncton this season. QUOTE]

Too bad, He really grew on me during the second half of the season, and he looked pretty good during the finals also. He could've developped into a pretty good player

Old
09-05-2007, 09:52 AM
Bernier26

2007-2008 Aigles Bleus lineup

Goaltenders:
Eric Lafrance
Kevin Lachance

Defencemens:
Jules Melanson
Christian Brideau
Daniel LeBlanc
Louis Mandeville
Francis Trudel
Patrick Gilbert
Carl McLean
Billy Bezeau*
Mathieu Richard*

Forwards:
Nicolas Laplante
Rémi Doucet
Glenn Robichaud
Mathieu Bétournay
Pierre-Luc Laprise
Pierre-André Bureau
Sébastian Strozynski**
Ian Girard
Nicolas Robillard*
Charles Bergeron*
Mathieu Berube*

*Indicates rookies

**Strozinsky situation is still unresolved

Old
09-05-2007, 10:03 AM
BlueEagle

I think our D will be pretty good this year. My worries are the fowards and their ability to score, we lost 2 key guys in Fournier and Busque. I don't know much about the new guys but they have pretty big shoes to fill....

The goalie situation is the same as last year,Its nice to have to good goalies who can both win you games. I predict that the UNB reds will finish ahead of us this year, considering the moves they made this off season. Should still be a good year for UdeM

Old
09-06-2007, 10:52 AM
Alpine

Absolutely nothing to do with "game day" rosters.
But I hear former Beavers and Acadie-Bathurst Titan goalie Luc LeBlanc has agreed to be the 3rd 'tender. (sorry gotta get the Beavers in there some how )
This will bring the number of Acadiens on the roster to 10. Which will keep the alumni and sponsors happy
Politics and money you know.
Of course this goes in the rumour file
But he's a good puck stopper and may be in future plans?

Old
09-06-2007, 02:22 PM
kexodusc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpine View Post
Absolutely nothing to do with "game day" rosters.
But I hear former Beavers and Acadie-Bathurst Titan goalie Luc LeBlanc has agreed to be the 3rd 'tender. (sorry gotta get the Beavers in there some how )
This will bring the number of Acadiens on the roster to 10. Which will keep the alumni and sponsors happy
Politics and money you know.
Of course this goes in the rumour file
But he's a good puck stopper and may be in future plans?
Hey that'd be kind of interesting - what did he do last year? Must have played somewhere? I think you could be on to something regarding the future - LaFrance is gone after this year and LaChance can't be far behind?

kexodusc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-07-2007, 06:30 AM
Alpine

Quote:
Originally Posted by kexodusc View Post
Hey that'd be kind of interesting - what did he do last year? Must have played somewhere? I think you could be on to something regarding the future - LaFrance is gone after this year and LaChance can't be far behind?
Luc played the last two seasons with the Beavers. Last year he spilt the first half with Fullerton and became the main guy after Lewiston traded Fullerton's rights to Saint John and he became the main guy with the Sea Dogs .
2006-07 Stats for Luc, 37 GP, Save% 0.898, GAA 2.63. 2005-06 Luc was the main guy as Fullerton spent the entire year with Lewiston. He was on the Wildcats protected list both these years. 48 GP, Save% 0.893, 3.38 GAA
2004-05 Luc spent with Acadie-Bathurst, 21 GP, Save% 0.887, GAA 3.51.
Luc was a 2nd year student at UdeM last year and played as a 20 in the MJAHL.
I saw his name on www.monctonbeavers.ca being with UdeM on an earlier training camp report. Along with Berubé and Richard.
But as the camp report has been updated the link has disappeared, so I can't show any confirmation link. So it's in the rumour file.
Also, I've been wrong at most things when predicting anything in hockey.

Last edited by Alpine: 09-07-2007 at 06:46 AM.
Old
09-07-2007, 09:47 AM
Alpine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernier26 View Post
Goaltenders:
Eric Lafrance
Kevin Lachance

Defencemens:
Jules Melanson
Christian Brideau
Daniel LeBlanc
Louis Mandeville
Francis Trudel
Patrick Gilbert
Carl McLean
Billy Bezeau*
Mathieu Richard*

Forwards:
Nicolas Laplante
Rémi Doucet
Glenn Robichaud
Mathieu Bétournay
Pierre-Luc Laprise
Pierre-André Bureau
Sébastian Strozynski**
Ian Girard
Nicolas Robillard*
Charles Bergeron*
Mathieu Berube*

*Indicates rookies

**Strozinsky situation is still unresolved
That's 22 players. Mongrain is quoted as wanting a 24 player roster?

Old
09-07-2007, 01:42 PM
kexodusc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpine View Post
That's 22 players. Mongrain is quoted as wanting a 24 player roster?
Yeah, that could change in heart beat though. I wondered about that comment - it would seem to add a bit of a burden to the squad, especially in terms of the Academic Financial Award amounts they could offer players.

Then again, maybe he's keeping 2 spots for a few late pro additions on the off-chance 1 or 2 show up late? Happens every now and then. Who knows?

kexodusc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-07-2007, 06:42 PM
BlueEagle

Ok boys, This is wayyy off topic but it has been itching me for a while. For the past couple of years, the islanders have come to moncton for exibition games. And now they are playing the Aigles Bleus.

Does this have to do with Ted Nolan?? I know he doesn't really decide where the team plays pre-season games and such but does he have a little input as to where the Islanders play pre-season games ??.... And does Nolan Have a connection with Moncton, excluding his time with the wildcats....?
Thanks and sorry for getting off track