HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Rink
The Rink For the not so ready for prime-time players, coaches, referees, and the people that have to live with them. Discuss experiences in local leagues, coaching tips, equipment, and training.

That time of year again...

Old
09-09-2007, 12:09 AM
OilerNut*

vCash: 500
That time of year again...

So for you guys that play ice hockey(not roller) when does your season start and how many games? And what do you hope to accomplish this season?

My teams first game is Sept 9 and we play 30 games. Hope to finish 1st in our division and being among the top 5 in scoring on my team.

OilerNut* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-09-2007, 12:16 AM
Redden Hogalot*

We start late September - early October. My goal is to be in the top 3 in team scoring, I have the last 4 years, haha.

Redden Hogalot* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-10-2007, 08:11 AM
ShowmeHawks

We start on September 17th. We play 17+ games this season. I hope that my team wins 2 games this year, and I lead the team in either points or +/-.

ShowmeHawks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-10-2007, 09:28 AM
BuddehJuS

Send a message via AIM to BuddehJuS
Mine starts in early October and we play 14 Games plus playoffs. I hope we win 2 games and I get 7 goals for the season. This would be my first league so I'm really jacked to play! >=D I've only played open hockey for almost a year now so competitive league play is really intriguing.

BuddehJuS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-10-2007, 10:55 AM
Jarick
Doing Nothing

Start late October, 20 games plus playoffs I believe. First organized hockey I've played since squirts.

Team is pretty new, half the guys were on a terrible team last year and the other half (including myself) are recruits. Don't know how serious all the guys are but the goal is to win more games than we lose.

I hope to be top 3 in scoring on my team and get some PP time. Depends on my linemates I suppose, I can score but I need a setup man. We'll see how different league hockey is compared to open.

Jarick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-10-2007, 12:41 PM
Icer

My season started last night (over 40 house league). I got a goal and my team won 6-4. We have 23 more games, no playoffs.

After the game another team asked if could sub. They only had 5 players show up. I thought what the hell, it's free ice time. I then went out and scored my first career hat trick in the first period. I added another goal in the second. Goal #3 turned out to be the game winner and we rolled 10-3.

5 goals in one night. What a way to kick off the season. I'm a pretty consistent scorer and I'm coming off consecutive 20 point seasons but I've never had a night like last night. Of course this probably means I won't get another point until December.

Icer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-10-2007, 04:51 PM
Crosbyfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icer View Post
My season started last night (over 40 house league). I got a goal and my team won 6-4. We have 23 more games, no playoffs.

After the game another team asked if could sub. They only had 5 players show up. I thought what the hell, it's free ice time. I then went out and scored my first career hat trick in the first period. I added another goal in the second. Goal #3 turned out to be the game winner and we rolled 10-3.

5 goals in one night. What a way to kick off the season. I'm a pretty consistent scorer and I'm coming off consecutive 20 point seasons but I've never had a night like last night. Of course this probably means I won't get another point until December.
Anyone ask you to switch permanently to their team?

Crosbyfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-10-2007, 05:32 PM
true_moose

Starts in October. We play 14-15 games plus 3 rounds of best of 7 playoffs. Strange? Yes, but its all about ice availability.

I'm hoping to be 2nd in the league in goal scoring (was third last year), and to play on a better line, I got thrown with a couple of plugs because even though I was way better than all but 3 forwards, they were all better than me.

true_moose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-10-2007, 05:51 PM
Velociraptor
Nucks future 1C??

im playing with the philadelphia phantoms this year

Velociraptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-10-2007, 07:25 PM
Canadian Chris

vCash: 748
We'll start late september...have 2 preseason games 40 regular season games...and then up to, depending on the size of the league 6 playoff games...likely ending in late march...plus whatever tourny's we enter

Canadian Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-10-2007, 08:31 PM
Granlund2Pulkkinen*
New Kid on the Block

vCash: 50
I'm back on the frozen water.

Games started on the 7th and I dominated my first game with 2 goals and 2 assists with 7 PIM's (5 minute major for fighting and I think a 2 minute hooking or something... I think it may have been high sticking I dunno)

Anyways it's only a 20 game league... My roller hockey league keeps me going 60 games a yaer though.

Granlund2Pulkkinen* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-10-2007, 11:45 PM
vexXed

Will be playing in the Hong Kong Asiasports league, 17-21 games starting mid October. Considering our team didn't win a single game in the summer league, I expect us to finish last again but at least get a couple of wins here and there. Personally I want to develop my offensive game more as a defenseman and chip in with a few assists/goals. Also need to cut down on the slashing penalties

vexXed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-11-2007, 08:17 AM
Icer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crosbyfan View Post
Anyone ask you to switch permanently to their team?
I played with them last season. The captain likes a lot of ice time so he keeps a short bench. There was only 10 guys on the roster last year including the goalie. The extra ice is fine as long as everyone shows up but there were a lot of games where we only had one or two on the bench. Those 12 minute shifts were a ton of fun ::BARF:: Plus there's the cost. We still had to pay the same league fees even though we only had nine paying players....

A couple of guys and I got fed up with it so we formed a new team. We have 14 players including the goalie so we can roll three lines and per player cost is about $150 less. More money for beer after the game.

Old
09-11-2007, 08:24 AM
Icer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unstoppable View Post
im playing with the philadelphia phantoms this year
Seriously!?! What are you doing posting with a bunch of beer leaguers? If I was a pro hockey player, I'd be out nailing supermodels and lining up endorsement contracts, not wasting my time on the internet.

Old
09-11-2007, 11:28 AM
Nbr-17

Quote:
Originally Posted by OilerNut View Post
So for you guys that play ice hockey(not roller) when does your season start and how many games?
Starts next Monday, minimum 24 games.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OilerNut View Post
And what do you hope to accomplish this season?
Not make the 'Knuckleheads' (most PIM's) list

Last edited by Nbr-17: 09-12-2007 at 09:50 AM.
Nbr-17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-11-2007, 11:45 AM
Grave77digger

We started last week and we play 20 games a season plus playoffs. my goal for the team is to make it to the finals and my personal goal it to improve on my stats from last season. I also want to be one of the top 2 scorers on the team.

22 GP
17 Goals
11 Assists
28 Points
26 PIM

All new highs for me

Grave77digger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-11-2007, 02:15 PM
Gino 14

I should be starting in about 2 weeks and will have around 100 games, no goals and too many penalty minutes to count. If I only fall a half dozen times, I'll be very happy. Oh, did I mention that's for reffing?

Playing, I hope to bet 2 or 3 goals, 30+ blocked shots, and to stay healthy for our 10 game seasons.

Gino 14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-11-2007, 03:17 PM
PensBeerGeek

Send a message via AIM to PensBeerGeek Send a message via Yahoo to PensBeerGeek
We start on the 16th of September. 10 games in 2007 and then a 2nd season starting after winter break in early January (being in a college town, scheduling is usually done around students).

Being a new player, I'd be happy if I did put a goal in, but to be honest I'm mostly hoping to improve my skating, both picking up some new moves and refining the ones I sort of have, as well as improving my hockey sense on the ice.

PensBeerGeek is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-11-2007, 05:56 PM
Patrick Bateman

My season starts tonight actually. 2 preseason games, 22 regular season games plus playoffs. After a terrible start last season, we almost made the playoffs by winning 5 of the last 6 games. I ended up being first in scoring on my team and second in the league with 24 pts in 16 games.

We're going to make the playoffs this season for sure. I'm aiming for 40 points.

Patrick Bateman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-11-2007, 09:12 PM
nikebauer

Send a message via MSN to nikebauer
Quote:
Originally Posted by PensBeerGeek View Post
Being a new player, I'd be happy if I did put a goal in, but to be honest I'm mostly hoping to improve my skating, both picking up some new moves and refining the ones I sort of have, as well as improving my hockey sense on the ice.
well said, pretty much same here

nikebauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-11-2007, 10:10 PM
Avery4Byng*

Playing Div 2 again here in Kelowna. First Ex game this Thursday. Last year - 29gp, 22 g, 20 a, 42 p...... hoping to hit 30 goals this year, close last year so we will see how she goes.

Avery4Byng* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-14-2007, 06:33 PM
Sensfanman

I start in a couple of week, (23rd I think). It's my last year in organized minor hockey, I am officially one of the oldest kids in the league playing with kids one year younger than me and a few the same age. I guess I want to be captain this year, since I've been playing forever and have been the A last two years...I guess after this I'll go into the men's leagues where I'll probably look terrible in comparison...so I'll try and enjoy this year as much as I can and kick some ass.

Sensfanman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2007, 01:58 AM
Sportacus
:)

vCash: 50
My goal is to play at least once this year.