HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Langdon.... Playoffs???

Closed Thread

Old
03-12-2004, 07:06 PM
BLONG7

vCash: 500
Langdon.... Playoffs???

Will the Habs dress Langdon at all in the playoffs? There is rarely any fighting in the playoffs, will we need him at all? Even Tie Dumi gets very little ice in the playoffs?

Old
03-12-2004, 07:18 PM
Brett38

As much as I like him, I don't think he'll be dressed much.

Old
03-12-2004, 07:33 PM
Moumni_Bachir

Send a message via ICQ to Moumni_Bachir
Yeah but we can't afford not having a goon for the playoffs who will fight? Rivet, Quintal? Hell no! We need them on the ice!

Old
03-12-2004, 08:15 PM
Tuggy

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLONG7
Will the Habs dress Langdon at all in the playoffs? There is rarely any fighting in the playoffs, will we need him at all? Even Tie Dumi gets very little ice in the playoffs?
With guys like Bulis and Sundstrom coming back , I doubt he will see much ice time. IMO Bulis and Sundstrom are far more valuable then Langdon.

Old
03-12-2004, 08:47 PM
Lewis63

It depends who we face, If we see Tampa, Ottawa or Boston, I don't think Langdon is needed. If we face the Flyers or the Laughs then that's another story and Langdon would be needed.

Old
03-12-2004, 09:00 PM
larue*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lewis63
It depends who we face, If we see Tampa, Ottawa or Boston, I don't think Langdon is needed. If we face the Flyers or the Laughs then that's another story and Langdon would be needed.
So True

Old
03-13-2004, 10:08 AM
mcphee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moumni_Bachir
Yeah but we can't afford not having a goon for the playoffs who will fight? Rivet, Quintal? Hell no! We need them on the ice!
Playoff fighting usually occurs only at the end of lop-sided games and usually where the cost is this high, I'd rather a player who can do more than Langdon, and I like Langdon.

Old
03-13-2004, 10:24 AM
Moumni_Bachir

I like Langdon too because he know what he is worth (il sait ce qu'il vaut?) and know how to fight but unlike Gino Odjick or Donald Brashear I didn't see him bring up momentum with his fights. Odjick knew how to regain de momentum by his attitude, his implication and his work ethic.

I wish that Langdon will kick some ***** during the playoffs!

Old
03-13-2004, 11:02 AM
mcphee

I'm not sure that I agree about Gino, but I guess he played well enough 2 years ago, though I think that has more to do the talent level at the time. I just think that in the playoffs you have to show your toughness before the whistle blows while in the season the after the whistle stuff has more of an impact. I admit that if we had Brashear, though I find him to be a self important clown, he would play in the playoffs.

Old
03-13-2004, 11:08 AM
romain_jaime

Langdon will not see any playoff time at all. We have Begin, rivet and Quintal if gloves need to be dropped. We also have Begin, Kovalev, dowd, ward for grinding in the corners. Souray and Komi will punish people in front of our need. I think, atleast on paper, we have a good chance at being very competitive against any team in the east.

And don't even bother telling me that Rivet and Quintal won't drop their gloves, because we all know that regardless of their skill level, these guys play with passion, and do so with great intensity come playoff time.

Old
03-13-2004, 11:13 AM
Moumni_Bachir

Quote:
Originally Posted by romain_jaime
And don't even bother telling me that Rivet and Quintal won't drop their gloves, because we all know that regardless of their skill level, these guys play with passion, and do so with great intensity come playoff time.
Justement, we don't want them to fight! they are both right handed and we need to keep them on the ice I don't want to see 2 duos of def if Quint and Rivet fight...

Old
03-13-2004, 11:27 AM
HABitude

It will depend who we'll meat, ex: if we meat Flyers or Torontooo early in the PO yes definitivement Lionel we ont besoin d'un Langdon.

Translation: Ça va dépendre de qui on va viander, ex : si on viande Volants ou Tôt-Rond-tôt tôt dans les séries oui defenitively on need a Langdon.

Old
03-13-2004, 06:47 PM
Team_Spirit
Gangsta Pleks

Quote:
Originally Posted by HABitude
It will depend who we'll meat, ex: if we meat Flyers or Torontooo early in the PO yes definitivement Lionel we ont besoin d'un Langdon.

Translation: Ça va dépendre de qui on va viander, ex : si on viande Volants ou Tôt-Rond-tôt tôt dans les séries oui defenitively on need a Langdon.

Old
03-13-2004, 06:51 PM
Zednik

Quote:

Old
03-13-2004, 06:56 PM
Kerberos*

Send a message via ICQ to   Kerberos* Send a message via MSN to   Kerberos*
Quote:
It will depend who we'll meat
Is that a reference to the BC prostitutes or Todd Bertuzzi. Unless you see Bertuzzi as Crawford's ***** which would mean both.

Old
03-13-2004, 07:38 PM
English Hab

Send a message via AIM to English Hab Send a message via MSN to English Hab
Like has been said before.. If its a big team... Toronto... then he'll dress... if it isn't he wont....

Closed Thread