HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > All other USA Amateur, USHL, NAHL, USNTDP etc.
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2

Ijhl

Old
09-06-2007, 09:26 AM
Alpine

vCash: 500
Ijhl

Reading in this AM's paper that the IJHL has been recruiting and has signed a couple Moncton area High School players. Now NB H.S. if I had to compare to Jr would be Jr B, B- as there is no Jr B in NB but tons of High School. Nine AAA H.S. teams in the Eastern Conf (Albert, Westmorland and Kent Counties) alone.
Both players are from Lady Bernice MacNaughton HS, and have signed with the Maine Moose.
Anyone know anything about this league? Not much from the web site.
www.ijhl.us

Alpine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-08-2007, 06:39 PM
SPORTSMANIAC

Send a message via AIM to SPORTSMANIAC
Its not part of USA hockey. I don't where to put it because the Maine Moose gave the Portland Junior Pirates (Atlantic) a run for there money at the Newmarket Tournament in Ontario last year. It's not an accomplishment cuz the Pirates are Tier III Junior A. I would probably say Junior B cuz the Maine Moose made up of Maine kids who just finished high school and trying to extended there competitive careers 1 to 2 more years.

SPORTSMANIAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-10-2007, 09:22 AM
ShowmeHawks

The IJHL is USA hockey sanctioned. It is closer to the Junior B level, although they are making strides to become more like a Tier III Junior A league like the EJHL with their Super Elite level.

It is a good league for player to get exposure to D I-III coleges. They put a lot of players into New England area schools and other junior leagues.

ShowmeHawks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-10-2007, 02:01 PM
SPORTSMANIAC

Send a message via AIM to SPORTSMANIAC
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShowmeHawks View Post
The IJHL is USA hockey sanctioned. It is closer to the Junior B level, although they are making strides to become more like a Tier III Junior A league like the EJHL with their Super Elite level.

It is a good league for player to get exposure to D I-III coleges. They put a lot of players into New England area schools and other junior leagues.
It is USA Hockey Sanctioned? I thought this league had Canadian teams which makes it not USA Sanction?

SPORTSMANIAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-11-2007, 11:58 AM
ShowmeHawks

My mistake. It is not USA Hockey sanctioned. They are sanctioned through the North American Amature Hockey Association. They let them have unlimited Canadians and export players on their teams, while still being covered.

ShowmeHawks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-11-2007, 12:02 PM
Alpine

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShowmeHawks View Post
My mistake. It is not USA Hockey sanctioned. They are sanctioned through the North American Amature Hockey Association. They let them have unlimited Canadians and export players on their teams, while still being covered.
What the fouque is the North American Amateur Hockey Ass'n?
Sounding more like these kids shoulda started playing Senior A

Last edited by Alpine: 09-11-2007 at 12:15 PM.
Old
09-12-2007, 08:54 AM
scotiahockey

Send a message via AIM to scotiahockey Send a message via MSN to scotiahockey Send a message via Yahoo to scotiahockey Send a message via Skype™ to scotiahockey
NAHA, north american hockey association, is an alternative hockey insurance provider, which is all that USA hockey really is too.

I coach in the IJHL, for the Maine Moose actually, so it is good to see that there is some talk going on about us!

To sum up my feeling on our league and where it stands in the pecking order of junior hockey, let me say this:

With the recent opening of the floodgates by USA Hockey to sanction teams as Tier 3 junior A, the Moose and the majority of the IJHL are in that category. We aspire to be at the top of that category, and someday, with continued hard work, we will.

Our program is designed to get some players from the high school level, give them some intense hockey training, and to educate them in other reciprocal areas such as strength and conditioning, nutrition, study habits, community service.. etc.

This is all so they can become more attractive to college programs here in the US, or to possibly move them on to higher leagues, like the NAHL, or USHL, of OPJHL, if they have any eligibility left.

This year, the Moose team, in particular, is going to be very solid in their league and have a few opportunities to play cross leagues in thanksgiving and Christmas tournaments.

If you have any questions about the Maine Moose or the League, check our website at www.moosemainea.com or email me at glenn@shl.bz

scotiahockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-12-2007, 11:25 AM
Alpine

Quote:
Originally Posted by scotiahockey View Post
NAHA, north american hockey association, is an alternative hockey insurance provider, which is all that USA hockey really is too.

I coach in the IJHL, for the Maine Moose actually, so it is good to see that there is some talk going on about us!

To sum up my feeling on our league and where it stands in the pecking order of junior hockey, let me say this:

With the recent opening of the floodgates by USA Hockey to sanction teams as Tier 3 junior A, the Moose and the majority of the IJHL are in that category. We aspire to be at the top of that category, and someday, with continued hard work, we will.

Our program is designed to get some players from the high school level, give them some intense hockey training, and to educate them in other reciprocal areas such as strength and conditioning, nutrition, study habits, community service.. etc.

This is all so they can become more attractive to college programs here in the US, or to possibly move them on to higher leagues, like the NAHL, or USHL, of OPJHL, if they have any eligibility left.

This year, the Moose team, in particular, is going to be very solid in their league and have a few opportunities to play cross leagues in thanksgiving and Christmas tournaments.

If you have any questions about the Maine Moose or the League, check our website at www.moosemainea.com or email me at glenn@shl.bz
Thank-you:
If you could post occsionally as to the progress of the Moose and more specifically the progress of the two Moncton area players, Shane DeGrace and Ryley Carroll. I'd be most appreciative.

Old
09-12-2007, 04:49 PM
scotiahockey

Send a message via AIM to scotiahockey Send a message via MSN to scotiahockey Send a message via Yahoo to scotiahockey Send a message via Skype™ to scotiahockey
I will try to keep you updated, but if you bookmark our website I will probably do a much better job updating there. Both are adjusting well and are on the same line with one of the local players and have shown very good chemistry. Both are competent players and have key roles on the team. www.moosemainea.com

scotiahockey is offline   Reply With Quote