Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

PHX and MN trade, maybe??

Old
06-23-2007, 01:02 AM
MNWild1096

vCash: 500
PHX and MN trade, maybe??

i would like to see us get one of their two second rounders and a defensemen, or both second rounders for manny! I just cant believe that we gave away our 42nd pick and our first rounder to move up 3 sopts, and i know calgary might have picked him otherwise, but to move up and pick a player like gillies when cherepanov and esposito where still on the board just kind of leaves a sour taste in my mouth! so anyone see anything like this happening tomorrow!!??

MNWild1096 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2007, 02:11 AM
sushinsky4tsar

based on russo's blog....i'm really disappointed the wild are thumbing their nose at a deal that would involve Nick Boynton (2.8). Even Darek Morris at 3.9, though risky, has some intriguing upside.

Kind of bummed by tonight. I can't get too down on the actual draft, the Wild have a scouting team, I don't. But boy, Gillies had better pan out to one of the best checking line players in the league. To scrap your #42 when 1-2 of Esposito/Cherepenov/Gillies would have fallen to you at #19, when you're talking about kids this young, it just doesn't seem like high percentage "fishing"......unless you're projecting Gillies to just be a world class role player -AND- you're convinced neither Cherepenov nor Esposito is going to live up to half of their potential.... They're the experts, I'm not.

I'm far more disappointed that Manny wasn't dealt. I feel like Riser is getting greedy, and we just can't afford to get burnt on this one. Is it possible that injuries happen, and the market value of Manny creeps up a little? Yes. But it's also possible that young goaltenders step up in phx, bos, or elsewhere. It's also possible Manny gets injured again. And it's almost a certainty that Manny is going to be a cancer to the lockerroom if he starts the season with us. Hell, this will probably p*ss off Josh Harding while we're at it. And we have less flexibility in free agency......the risk/reward of waiting just doesn't seem worth it. Hopefully this isn't dead in the water yet.

sushinsky4tsar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2007, 02:29 AM
thestonedkoala
Everyone! PANIC!

Apparently Calgary wanted Gillies but I do agree...Gillies better pan out to be one of the better 3rd line guys...like Maltby.

thestonedkoala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2007, 04:26 AM
vitogor

Quote:
Originally Posted by sushinsky4tsar View Post
based on russo's blog....i'm really disappointed the wild are thumbing their nose at a deal that would involve Nick Boynton (2.8). Even Darek Morris at 3.9, though risky, has some intriguing upside.

Kind of bummed by tonight. I can't get too down on the actual draft, the Wild have a scouting team, I don't. But boy, Gillies had better pan out to one of the best checking line players in the league. To scrap your #42 when 1-2 of Esposito/Cherepenov/Gillies would have fallen to you at #19, when you're talking about kids this young, it just doesn't seem like high percentage "fishing"......unless you're projecting Gillies to just be a world class role player -AND- you're convinced neither Cherepenov nor Esposito is going to live up to half of their potential.... They're the experts, I'm not.

I'm far more disappointed that Manny wasn't dealt. I feel like Riser is getting greedy, and we just can't afford to get burnt on this one. Is it possible that injuries happen, and the market value of Manny creeps up a little? Yes. But it's also possible that young goaltenders step up in phx, bos, or elsewhere. It's also possible Manny gets injured again. And it's almost a certainty that Manny is going to be a cancer to the lockerroom if he starts the season with us. Hell, this will probably p*ss off Josh Harding while we're at it. And we have less flexibility in free agency......the risk/reward of waiting just doesn't seem worth it. Hopefully this isn't dead in the water yet.
I feel EXACTLY the same way... on the last two issues.

Can't agree about Boynton though. I like this guy. He is like Schultz with a nasty edge to him. I wouldn't be disappointed at all if we got this guy in the Manny trade. Hell, any warm body would be a good return at this point.

vitogor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2007, 08:26 AM
ceber

When we dealt the second to move up I figured it meant we were going to pull a deal with Manny on the second day that included a second rounder. Probably hoping the guys had a backup plan if swapping firsts with BOS didn't pan out. I guess we'll see.

ceber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2007, 03:38 AM
sushinsky4tsar

Quote:
Originally Posted by #16 View Post
I feel EXACTLY the same way... on the last two issues.

Can't agree about Boynton though. I like this guy. He is like Schultz with a nasty edge to him. I wouldn't be disappointed at all if we got this guy in the Manny trade. Hell, any warm body would be a good return at this point.
I'm confused, you can't agree about Boynton? I was saying I think he would be a great pickup.

Old
06-25-2007, 01:35 AM
vitogor

Quote:
I'm confused, you can't agree about Boynton? I was saying I think he would be a great pickup.
Never mind, I misread your post.

Now that we've cleared that up, I can say that I agree with your post completely

vitogor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2007, 01:57 AM
Jimmy McNulty

I would love a Manny for Boynton+ deal. I've liked Boynton since his days in Boston. Even at $2.95 million, I think that'd be a good pickup - he'd fill a need, for sure.

Jimmy McNulty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2007, 09:00 PM
sushinsky4tsar

well, he might be a little bit of a Todd White clone, but considering I never really had anything against White and the Wild need to fill out a spot or two at center (w/ or w/o Sheppard); I wouldn't mind if Steve Reinprecht got thrown into the mix.

I don't know if or whom would have to sweeten the deal a bit, but I would love to see a package of Reinprecht + Boynton coming from Phoenix.

Also, on Boston's end, they weren't willing to part with the #8, but the homer in me would like to believe that maybe we have a shot at Mark Stuart now. Maybe with Rolston's BFF, PJ Axelsson included.

Just hoping something gets done prior to July 1st.

Old
06-26-2007, 09:03 PM
sushinsky4tsar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heh-Man View Post
I would love a Manny for Boynton+ deal. I've liked Boynton since his days in Boston. Even at $2.95 million, I think that'd be a good pickup - he'd fill a need, for sure.
You mean a relatively young, experienced, reasonably priced physical presence on the blueline is a bigger need than a sulking #3 goaltender???

Old
06-27-2007, 04:44 PM
Jimmy McNulty

Quote:
You mean a relatively young, experienced, reasonably priced physical presence on the blueline is a bigger need than a sulking #3 goaltender???
You got it! Although Boynton's on waivers now, so perhaps there's something we don't know?

Also interesting that you mentioned Mark Stuart above. I'm not sure if the B's want to part with him but he's on my list of guys I'd really like to get in return for Manny.

Jimmy McNulty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2007, 05:46 PM
Surly Furious

vCash: 528
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heh-Man View Post
Also interesting that you mentioned Mark Stuart above. I'm not sure if the B's want to part with him but he's on my list of guys I'd really like to get in return for Manny.
Hell, let's go one up on that swap.

Surly Furious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-11-2007, 09:16 PM
Turrisluvsnachos

vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by MNWild1096 View Post
i would like to see us get one of their two second rounders and a defensemen, or both second rounders for manny! I just cant believe that we gave away our 42nd pick and our first rounder to move up 3 sopts, and i know calgary might have picked him otherwise, but to move up and pick a player like gillies when cherepanov and esposito where still on the board just kind of leaves a sour taste in my mouth! so anyone see anything like this happening tomorrow!!??
No

Old
09-11-2007, 10:38 PM
Rabid Husky

vCash: 643
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turrisluvsnachos View Post
No
You do know that Manny was traded to Boston right?

Rabid Husky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-11-2007, 11:21 PM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Wierdest bump ever and by quite possibly the weirdest username ever.

rt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-12-2007, 12:02 AM
hockeyhockey

Is the name because he is going to WI?

hockeyhockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-12-2007, 01:12 AM
Turrisluvsnachos

vCash:
No It is because he loves nachos, rt hotshotchamp? Hotshotchamp is a buddy of mine that knows Turris personally and they goto Taco Johns for nachos. Go Yotes!!!!

Hotshotschamp gl your Wild.