HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > NCAA, CIS, and other college
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
NCAA, CIS, and other college Discuss college/university news, players, leagues, games, and tournaments.

The OFFICIAL Aigles Bleus Thread

Old
09-08-2007, 05:07 AM
Alpine

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueEagle View Post
Ok boys, This is wayyy off topic but it has been itching me for a while. For the past couple of years, the islanders have come to moncton for exibition games. And now they are playing the Aigles Bleus.

Does this have to do with Ted Nolan?? I know he doesn't really decide where the team plays pre-season games and such but does he have a little input as to where the Islanders play pre-season games ??.... And does Nolan Have a connection with Moncton, excluding his time with the wildcats....?
Thanks and sorry for getting off track
Where NHL teams hold camps/hold pre-season games is more a business decision than anything else. Nolan would have some input, but why not Sault-Ste-Marie or Sudbury then?
Penguins were here last year and for the last couple of years the Isles were in Yarmouth NS for camp.
The Habs will have played here twice in three years.
The only connection Nolan has to Moncton I believe is his time with the 'Cats. I do remember reading when he was here that either his sister or maybe sister-in-law was and maybe still is the Chief of St. Marys First Nations Reserve in Fredericton. So he'd have some family ties to NB but not necessarily Moncton.

Alpine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-08-2007, 07:36 AM
BlueEagle

Thanks for clearing that up

BlueEagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-08-2007, 04:44 PM
Bernier26

This should bring back great memories:

Bernier26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-09-2007, 02:28 AM
Alpine

Ahhhhhhhhh, in the Aitken Centre in front of UNB fans too.....
But they got their revenge at the Coliseum didn't they?
Let's correct that this year.
On a side note, if anybody has a link to the Aigles Bleus song that's played before every home game please post a link. I've been searching for years and have never found a recorded version.

Old
09-09-2007, 06:44 AM
BlueEagle

Altada Altada Altada!!! Les aigles bleus, Les aigles bleus! Altada Altada Altada! Les aigles bleus sont la. Les aigles bleu , les aigles bleus sont laaa!!!!!

haha, the best I can do is provide you with the lyrics

I will check around the university site for it, but I doubt that I'll find anything

Old
09-12-2007, 07:20 AM
BlueEagle

Tickets for the UdeM vs Islanders are now on sale for 10$ a pop @ the CEPS on campus. The game will be played at the colisée. UNB are also playing the Isles but they will be at the 4-ice center and tickets are also 10$.

I think I will be at both, will give me a good idea how we will stack up against UNB this year.

Old
09-12-2007, 10:29 AM
Alpine

Quote:
Tickets for the UdeM vs Islanders are now on sale for 10$ a pop @ the CEPS on campus. The game will be played at the colisée. UNB are also playing the Isles but they will be at the 4-ice center and tickets are also 10$.

I think I will be at both, will give me a good idea how we will stack up against UNB this year.
10 Loonies not bad, think I'll catch both. Will A-Mac and Christian Gaudet be in the line-ups for the Isles.........he wonders

Old
09-17-2007, 07:40 PM
BlueEagle

Anyone of you guys catch the game tonight??

The UNB goalies looked scary!!! pucks seemed to just stick to them. Especially the new guy Derek Yeomans, he was incredible. It was good to see some kind of hockey, and now can't wait for the aigles bleus game! And the habs Game also , its a good week for a hockey fan

Old
09-18-2007, 08:19 AM
Alpine

It'll be another tough and competitive year in AUS. Some are predicting SMU to be the team to watch.
1 thru 6 I'd think will be close. In a 28 game schedule no team has any gimmies. Gotta get the points, no throw away games.
In the blurb on the AUS site it says Moncton is welcoming 7 newcomers. Counting LeBlanc as 3rd 'tender and the previously announced 5..........who's the 7th guy? Hopefully there'll be programmes Thursday.
When I picked up my tickets for the Aigles/NYI rookies game, the girl at CEPS said ticket sales were slow?
On the positive, no line-ups at Tim's I guess

Old
09-18-2007, 08:57 AM
BlueEagle

If Gaudet doesn't impress the isles management, could he be the 7th guy in ??

Old
09-20-2007, 09:05 PM
BlueEagle

Not bad for a first game. The aigles bleus looked really good during the first two periods, too bad for the defensive meltdown in the third.

I was impressed with the new guys, loved the fight. I wish the CIS would allow fighting, it adds another level of intensity to the game.

After this first game, I think UNB will be the team to beat this year. They played a much better game that UdeM. I hope I am wrong, I guess we'll see pretty soon

Edit: Almost forgot Gauget's goal, It was nice to see a familiar face score a goal for the isles. Didn't see much of Gaudet after his goal, found kinda weird he didn't get more ice time :S

Old
09-21-2007, 05:17 AM
kexodusc

Quote:
Not bad for a first game. The aigles bleus looked really good during the first two periods, too bad for the defensive meltdown in the third.

I was impressed with the new guys, loved the fight. I wish the CIS would allow fighting, it adds another level of intensity to the game.

After this first game, I think UNB will be the team to beat this year. They played a much better game that UdeM. I hope I am wrong, I guess we'll see pretty soon

Edit: Almost forgot Gauget's goal, It was nice to see a familiar face score a goal for the isles. Didn't see much of Gaudet after his goal, found kinda weird he didn't get more ice time :S
Any reason why Strozynsky and Laprise weren't playing?
You're right on the fights - too many players in this league play big. Some of the dirty hits that go on aren't policed by officiating, who then lose control. St FX in particular seems to have a few guys who like to swing sticks every year.
Besides, it would improve the entertainment value of the game.

kexodusc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-21-2007, 05:26 AM
Alpine

Quote:

Gaudet played a fair amount on the PP which surprised me. Nice polite round of applause eh? Not what he's been used to when he played on Coliseum ice before though.
Good to see Berube get one and Mathieu Richard too didn't look outta place.
Isles third goal, made me laugh...........kinda looked like Brideau was watching himself on the Jumbotron, the puck sorta bounced his way the Isles guy was on top of it and away he went.
Liked the physical edge Les Aigles played with (though most of the game).
Guessing about the roster is over. Man I was wrong about LeBlanc, Marc Richard is listed as 3rd goalie...................oops. Three Richards on the roster all with M as first intial, this may get confussing.
McGill next for two games eh?
Strozynski was listed in the programme but didn't play?

Old
09-21-2007, 07:32 AM
Foredeck

It wasn't a bad game. UNB and Moncton seem to be at the same level as last year. UNB played with a bit more intensity, and the Isles played better in the second game. The Islander's powerplay and penalty kill was actually organized against Moncton.

I am not worried about Moncton's defense, they have 4 good defenses that can control the play.

Strozinsky didn't play because of a bum knee. He can not start skating before January, so he might be out for the year. He hasn't signed yet, so he might decide to skip the year and not lose his year of eligibility.

I think Moncton will be in better shape to equal UNB's size with Berube. Should make for exciting games again this year.

Foredeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2007, 06:23 PM
Oilers Chick
Hockey's Future Staff

Do all of you Canadian Collegiate Hockey folks, want me to sticky this and the Bisons threads? If they're going to get a lot of traffic, I can do that. We have some NCAA team threads stuck, so it's only fair that we should some CIS/Canadian College Hockey team threads there as well.

Let me know.

Oilers Chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2007, 08:16 PM
BlueEagle

Sure, that wold be nice. This is where I will be posting when the season starts.

Thanks

Old
09-26-2007, 12:50 PM
BlueEagle

U de M Vs McGill friday and saturday!

Does anyone have info on Mcgill this year, how will they stack up against Les Aigles??

Old
09-26-2007, 05:05 PM
Bernier26

Can't wait for friday! The exhibition against NYI rookies was fun but nothing beats playing at the Jean-Louis Levesque arena!

Thanks for sticking this Oilers Chick.

And to BlueEagle, maybe you should consider editing the thread title to just "Aigles Bleus 2007-2008".

Halte-la
Halte-la
Halte-la
Les Aigles Bleus
Les Aigles Bleus

Halte-la
Halte-la
Halte-la
Les Aigles Bleus sont la

Les Aigles Bleus

Les Aigles Bleus ....... sont la!!!

Old
09-26-2007, 06:57 PM
BlueEagle

true dat! how do I modify the thread title?

Old
09-27-2007, 06:52 PM
Oilers Chick
Hockey's Future Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernier26 View Post
Can't wait for friday! The exhibition against NYI rookies was fun but nothing beats playing at the Jean-Louis Levesque arena!

Thanks for sticking this Oilers Chick.

And to BlueEagle, maybe you should consider editing the thread title to just "Aigles Bleus 2007-2008".

Halte-la
Halte-la
Halte-la
Les Aigles Bleus
Les Aigles Bleus

Halte-la
Halte-la
Halte-la
Les Aigles Bleus sont la

Les Aigles Bleus

Les Aigles Bleus ....... sont la!!!
I fixed the title for you.

You're welcome.

Oilers Chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-28-2007, 04:40 AM
BlueEagle

Nice, You guys are on a roll

Thanks

Old
09-28-2007, 06:06 AM
Alpine

Ahhhhhhh, passed on tonights Aigles game to go to the Wildcats/Rocket encounter.
If some-one goes, can ya tell me about it.
These leagues should get to-gether my time is valuable.....
'Cats at home Wed and Fri, Beavers at home Thurs and Sunday and Les Aigles at home Fri and Sat. Don't they realize I have more to do than go to hockey games............well..........not really much that'd be more enjoyable.
Will catch Bleu et Or Sat though.........unless the family makes me pay attention to them

Old
09-28-2007, 07:53 PM
BlueEagle

4-3 Aigles Bleus!!!! It was a veryy veryy entertaining game, very physical and full of emotion.

The first period was all McGill, scoring 3 goals, one of which I would not have counted because it deflected of the skate. It is in these times it would be nice to have instant replays. McGill showed speed and nice play making. The aigles seemed very slow and clumsy but still managed to get a goal.

The second period is when all hell broke loose. There was some pushing and shoving after the whistles. Glen Robichaud got into an altercation with one of the McGill dudes, dropped the gloves and all. Moncton finally got their emotions in check, McGill got into some penalty troubles and had at one point 3 penalties. Mandeville scored two goals, accurate point shots . He played very well.

The third was much like the second, action and physicality. Robichaud continued to get into McGills faces, checking one of the players into the boards, getting himself a 5 minute major for a hit to the head.This was one of the key points in the game. Moncton was able to kill the penatly and finally scored.I don't recall who got the winner, maybe betournay.....i'm not sure.

It was one of the most entertaining games I have seen in a while, I can't wait till tomorow. Hope the bad blood is still boiling

Old
09-28-2007, 08:41 PM
Bernier26

Very good game! The game was not as close as the score would indicate with Moncton dominating the 2nd and 3rd periods.

On McGill's goals, one was a questionable "off the skate" and one was off a horrible giveaway from rookie Bezeau.

Moncton's goals:
1st - Bétournay and Bureau had a 2 on 1 with Bezeau jumping in the play. They made 3 perfect passes and Bétournay buried it!
2nd - On the powerplay (5 on 3?), Mandeville kept blasting pucks from the point and one finaly went in.
3rd - Same as second goal, a top corner Mandeville rocket which gave the goalie no chance.
4th - Scramble in front of the net, Bétournay won the battle and fired it in despite the heavy traffic.

As for the rookies:
Bergeron was impressive in every way and is a natural fit with Moncton's system.

Bezeau had some flashes of greatness but made easy to read passes and got caught on one goal. He did have great offensive presence on both the PP and PK, and has impressive speed.

Bérubé and Robillard both had solid yet unimpressive games.

Richard and a tryout player barely played.

One major change for Moncton since last year is that they have a lot more discipline (Busque, J.Laplante out). Their power play wasn't sharp but Mandeville still got the job done. Their penalty kill is excellent and might out-score their PP this year. Every player is physical and buys into the system. No defined lines where used.

Old
09-28-2007, 09:31 PM
BlueEagle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernier26 View Post
1st - Bétournay and Bureau had a 2 on 1 with Bezeau jumping in the play. They made 3 perfect passes and Bétournay buried it!
I totally forgot about that goal!! It was amazing...