HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The 1st Rangers Arive at NYR Training Facility to Begin Training

Old
09-09-2007, 10:46 PM
Pizza

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Melnyk View Post
Yep, and after a year off, with 25 goals he helped lead his Junior team to, I think, the Memorial Cup finals..

Had also scored 30 goals previously in the WHL, so the kid is not without a little talent, just can't produce on the NHL level..May never be able to find the right mix of physical play with a little hockey..I'm pulling for him though and I think he's much better then he showed last season..

But hes sure doesn't hold back one iota because of his former head injury..but he beter watch who he fights!
This productivity issue of Hollweg's is one of the things I least expected from him. That and the fact he loses nearly every fight he's in. Sometimes very badly. I worry about him a little there. Based on his junior career, I really thought we had a guy that was good for at least 10 goals a season. I still think that is where he will wind up productivity wise over the length of his career....if his career lasts and he does not get himself seriously hurt.

He's been very conservative his first two years and has really taken his role as a defensive foward seriously. I know Renney has been on him a little to try and make more things happen offensively so we'll see. I think he makes the team again this year and his production spikes a bit.

Pizza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-10-2007, 07:58 AM
NYRJurgen88

Send a message via MSN to NYRJurgen88
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pizza View Post
This productivity issue of Hollweg's is one of the things I least expected from him. That and the fact he loses nearly every fight he's in. Sometimes very badly. I worry about him a little there. Based on his junior career, I really thought we had a guy that was good for at least 10 goals a season. I still think that is where he will wind up productivity wise over the length of his career....if his career lasts and he does not get himself seriously hurt.

He's been very conservative his first two years and has really taken his role as a defensive foward seriously. I know Renney has been on him a little to try and make more things happen offensively so we'll see. I think he makes the team again this year and his production spikes a bit.
i cant imagine any offense from Hollweg!!!

Just cant see it in him, he hasnt got great hands and hasnt the vision or on ice intelligence. He should stick to beign an energy player who winds up opponents and throws alot of checks. we need a player like that on the bottom lines and if he does it very well he can have himself a niche role.

NYRJurgen88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-10-2007, 08:28 AM
Larry Melnyk

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRJurgen88 View Post
i cant imagine any offense from Hollweg!!!

Just cant see it in him, he hasnt got great hands and hasnt the vision or on ice intelligence. He should stick to beign an energy player who winds up opponents and throws alot of checks. we need a player like that on the bottom lines and if he does it very well he can have himself a niche role.
Actually, except for the odd hit to the back, Hollweg is a pretty intelligent player...ANd a fgew hits to the back are expected whne you you probably throw the most checks per ice time in the NHL.....Agree that he doesn't have the vision of an offensive player...But he does have the speed...His WHL record and comments by too many Ranger players suggest that the kid indeed has some offesnive skill but it is the lack of confidence (and maybe a littel confusion about his role) that might be holdiong him back from producing more....We'll see this year.... His play will answer all the questions

Larry Melnyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-10-2007, 08:47 AM
NYRJurgen88

Quote:
Actually, except for the odd hit to the back, Hollweg is a pretty intelligent player...ANd a fgew hits to the back are expected whne you you probably throw the most checks per ice time in the NHL.....Agree that he doesn't have the vision of an offensive player...But he does have the speed...His WHL record and comments by too many Ranger players suggest that the kid indeed has some offesnive skill but it is the lack of confidence (and maybe a littel confusion about his role) that might be holdiong him back from producing more....We'll see this year.... His play will answer all the questions
dont get me wrong, i'd love some offensive production off him... i dont expect any though and we wont rely on it thats for sure!

i'd be delighted if he got 5 goals. Yes he has speed but that isnt everything...look at Rico Fata!!!!

I thought the one thing Ryan had WAS confidence, it takes guts and confidence to go out there and wind everyone one up and hit all day long...

Who knows, any production off RH will be a nice bonus anyway.

Old
09-10-2007, 09:36 AM
Larry Melnyk

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRJurgen88 View Post
dont get me wrong, i'd love some offensive production off him... i dont expect any though and we wont rely on it thats for sure!

i'd be delighted if he got 5 goals. Yes he has speed but that isnt everything...look at Rico Fata!!!!

I thought the one thing Ryan had WAS confidence, it takes guts and confidence to go out there and wind everyone one up and hit all day long...

Who knows, any production off RH will be a nice bonus anyway.
Confidence in his hitting and hustle is one thing, but confidence and comfort in expanding his game and trying things offensively is something else altogether that he doesn't have..But as long as he does whatever Renney asks, I'll guess he'll have a job....We'll see..

Larry Melnyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-10-2007, 09:38 AM
NYRJurgen88

Quote:
Confidence in his hitting and hustle is one thing, but confidence and comfort in expanding his game and trying things offensively is something else altogether that he doesn't have..But as long as he does whatever Renney asks, I'll guess he'll have a job....We'll see..
too true.

Beign brave enough to try something different is another thing... and also will Renney allow him to?

like you said, we'll see... 5 goals and im delighted.

Old
09-12-2007, 06:06 AM
Forechecker

Send a message via AIM to Forechecker
Sam went to the NYR practice facility yesterday, and posted what he saw on his blog.

Forechecker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-12-2007, 07:33 AM
Madness

Quote:
Originally Posted by inferno272 View Post
oh sweet jesus im going to be a nightmare to live with till then. the closer we get to camp starting the more annoying i become.

are we there yet? are we there yet? are we there yet? are we there yet? are we there yet? are we there yet? are we there yet? are we there yet? are we there yet? are we there yet? are we there yet? are we there yet? are we there yet? are we there yet? are we there yet? are we there yet? are we there yet? are we there yet? are we there yet? are we there yet? are we there yet?

No Donkey we're not there yet..........

BTW, where's our beloved captain?

Madness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-12-2007, 08:58 AM
Finest
Puck Fittsburg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madness View Post
No Donkey we're not there yet..........

BTW, where's our beloved captain?
From Sam:
Quote:
We probably won’t see Jagr until Thursday.
http://rangers.lohudblogs.com/

Finest is offline   Reply With Quote