HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

A feel good thread

Closed Thread

Old
03-14-2004, 01:49 AM
Les Zarbites

vCash: 500
A feel good thread

I just want to take the time to thank the habs for the incredible season they've given us. I was optimistic at the beginning of the season but what our habs have accomplished so far is more than I could have ever hoped for. It's a bit early to hand out our thanks to the habs but with the win tonight the habs have just made it a perfect season for me. They could get ousted in the first round and I'd still think no less of this bunch. They've gone from a despicable lazy team to a hardworking loveable bunch of guys.

I am writing this because I'm just amazed at how much things can change in less than 6 months. How we can go from a team that finished 20th overall last season to one of the best team this season. So many guys have stepped up and claimed an important role on this team. Guys like Bouillon, Bégin, Ward, Ribeiro, Garon, Souray and Ryder. Other guys have kept on being rocks for this team. Guys like Koivu, Quintal, Bulis, Zednik, Markov and Rivet. Others have stepped up their game after disapointing seasons. Guys like Brisebois and Theodore. Others have been classy and have accepted lesser roles without complaining. I'm thinking of Langdon, Perreault and to some extent Komisarek here. While others have contributed as much as they could and done what was asked of them. That would be Juneau, Dacks and Sunny.

I'm grateful about the fact the habs have made me believe as much in the present as in the future.

I am so impressed with the way the habs have responded to the Koivu's injury at the beginning of the season and then later to the Souray's injury. We've went through some hard times this season but we've showed character and perseverance. I'm proud of this team for the first time in a long time.

Congratulation on an awesome season so far and thanx for everything ! :p

Here's the place for any feel good stories, appreciation of our players, coaching and management staff. No negative comment, only positive stuff is welcomed in this thread.

Old
03-14-2004, 08:29 AM
Fozz

I big chunk of the accolades should go to these 3 men:

Claude Julien: able to implement a great system that all players beleive in.
Andre Savard: a few great deals a some great draft choices
Bob Gainey: some good signings to give the team some grit and, more importantly, showed no mercy to those boo-ers and Brsiebois haters.

Old
03-14-2004, 08:49 AM
Next Best Thing*

I was watching the game last night and I couldn't help but flashback 4 years ago when Alain Vigneau (sp?) was coaching and we had 2/3rds of a farm team playing for us. Then Savard came in and during the off season we got people like Dackell and Juneau not to mention Quintal and they were looked upon as saviours.

Now a couple of years later we're fighting for the top spot in our division (yes I can finally say this now) with teams like Toronto and Ottawa who were way out of our league back then. And Gainey pulls a Kovalev out of his ass.

Old
03-14-2004, 10:14 AM
Cariboux

At the start of the season, we were all wishing that it would be great if the Habs can do the playoffs. A couple of monthts later, we're fighter to be the higher possible in the East. They give us a great season and finally, we will be in the playoffs this spring. I just wish that we can live great moments like in the 2002 playoffs

Old
03-14-2004, 10:31 AM
BLONG7

The Habs are returning to their rightful placement, closing in on being up there with the better teams in the league, and during somewhat of a re-building project...

Old
03-14-2004, 10:31 AM
NWT Habs Fan

The really nice thing is that there is still a whole lot of untapped talent in the system, so this team should continue to build on the success of this season. What we can't ignore is that Gainey spent very little money and brought in some "fringe" players who have all had an impact:

Damphousse - top goalie down in the farm
Dagenais - 15 goals for us and a good sub on the 2nd line for a while (yeah he is out of favour now but he did more than anyone could have expected)
Begin - wow, what a waiver pickup
Langdon - a true fighter again, another stellar waiver pick
Dowd - Begin senior, just in time for the playoffs, brilliant!!

All of these guys combined cost half of what Kovvy would cost, so it's not just the big moves that have impact. It's so good to have a solid team of real hockey guys in charge again. With Gainey, Savard, Gauthier, Timmins upstairs, and with Julien, Jarvis and their helpers behind the benches...we have the staff to go in the right direction!!

Closed Thread