Old
09-13-2007, 02:28 PM
________

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to ________ Send a message via MSN to ________
NHL.com's Season preview

This is hilarious.

Quote:
Matt Nickerson -- Another big body at 6-foot-4, he was taken by the Stars in the third round in 2003. The 22-year-old dressed for 40 games last year with AHL Iowa and piled up 97 penalty minutes to go with three assists on the year. After splitting time between the AHL and ECHL, could emerge as a full-time NHL defenseman before the end of the year.
I think they meant he could emerge as a full time AHL defenseman, but that's only if he has improved his backwards skating.

Quote:
Ivan Vishnevskiy -- Yet another former first-round pick (No. 27 overall in 2006), he drew praise from the organization at a recent prospects tournament in Traverse City. Could also challenge for a roster spot, even if at 5-11, 176, hes not as big as some of his fellow defense candidates.
He's that great he gets praised in a tournament he didn't even play in.

Quote:
Grossman is a smooth-skating, puck-moving defenseman with decent size and the 22-year-old is projected as a top-four defenseman when he reaches his prime.

The Stars could have a Lidstrom-type on the blue line for years in Grossman, and given the chance to shine this year, he could have a breakout season.
I think they mean "Norstrom" type. Seeing as Grossman's best asset isn't puck moving.

________ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2007, 04:13 PM
Chad_

vCash: 500
I think you're missing the book on Vishnevski. He did draw praise from the Traverse City tournament. The Stars organization mentioned they missed his precense and the precense of Grossman which was why they were unable to move the puck out of their own zone. That's high praise, I suppose. You just have to look at it from another angle, an angle that it, adittedly, a bit awkward.

On the other two, I'm scratching my head. It should be a prerequisite to actually watch a team at least once before making a pre-season guide.

Chad_ is offline   Reply With Quote