HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Rucinsky comments on Trembay

Closed Thread

Old
03-14-2004, 12:06 AM
Guy Caballero

vCash: 500
Rucinsky comments on Trembay

MacLean just asked Rucinsky which coach had the greatest impact on his career. He credited his dad first; then, as his greatest NHL infuence, he credited Mario Tremblay. He said that his confidence was low after he was traded for Roy, since he hadn't made any impact and was playing on the 3rd or 4th line, and then Tremblay took him aside and talked to him and gave him the confidence to rise up to the next level (when he put up all those points with Damphousse). McLean looked surprised. So was I. Maybe Tremblay wasn't as bad as a lot of us think he was.

A little off-topic, but I thought it was a semi-interesting Hab story.

Old
03-14-2004, 12:15 AM
Habs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guy Caballero
MacLean just asked Rucinsky which coach had the greatest impact on his career. He credited his dad first; then, as his greatest NHL infuence, he credited Mario Tremblay.
Well it is official then. Rucinsky is a crack addict, and Tremblay is a dealer. That's the only possible answer.

Old
03-14-2004, 09:30 AM
Habs Icing
Formerly Onice

Yeah right! And I guess Lemire doesn't know anything about hockey. He took Mario on as a coach. It's funny how Houle and Tremblay are tagged with this loser image. Everyone forgets they were cleaning up after Serge Savard's terrible last few years. Terrible trades, and even more terrible draft picks. Look at the present Hab team - a lot of the players are Houle pick up's (Markov, Ryder, Ward, Ribeiro, Garon). Everyone forgets that the last years of Serge Savard's leadership were horrible. Houle and Tremblay had to step into a mess and try to clean it up. Yes, they mishandled the Roy affair but I think St Patrick shares some of the blame.

Old
03-14-2004, 10:04 AM
mcphee

Mario beat Al Sims to the outside and got the puck to Lambert for the winner in game 7, that's all I need to think well of him. Rejean Houle tipped that puck up to Tremblay, good enough for me. Actually if memory serves me correctly, Houle got the puck to Henri Richard for the winner in 71. See it's easy to focus on what a guy did rather than didn't do.

Old
03-14-2004, 10:20 AM
BLONG7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs
Well it is official then. Rucinsky is a crack addict, and Tremblay is a dealer. That's the only possible answer.
Agreed!!!

Old
03-14-2004, 12:17 PM
PrairieHabber

I have been critical of Tremblay but when an NHL player says he was a positive influence on him then a person is a fool to ignore it. Tremblay may not have had any system but he was emotional and passionate. He either brought out the best in players (Damphousse and Rucinsky) or the worst (Roy). He either hit a home run or struck out, but he did it all with passion.

And, to add to mcphee's words, Tremblay is a Hab through and through. He bled red, white and blue more than any of us have, so smart-ass comments to insult a guy like that show ignorance or foolishness.

Old
03-14-2004, 12:34 PM
BJCOLLINS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs

Closed Thread