HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Notices

Preseason GDT: Predators @ Columbus - 4.16.07 - 4:00 PM CST

Old
09-16-2007, 06:05 PM
skellart2

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stranger View Post
BJ's feed out for anyone else?
yep me too

skellart2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2007, 06:08 PM
Jarnberg

I got my BJ feed back.

Jarnberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2007, 06:16 PM
Jarnberg

I wonder if this will be the usual Predators sit back third....

Old
09-16-2007, 06:23 PM
Jarnberg

We have what, 2 shots on goal in the third?

Old
09-16-2007, 06:23 PM
handtrick

Quote:
I wonder if this will be the usual Predators sit back third....
Yep....getting outshot 29-17....1-8 in the third..... its like dejavu.

handtrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2007, 06:29 PM
skellart2

what a crap 3rd

Old
09-16-2007, 06:29 PM
handtrick

Ellis sounds like he is standing on his head....we may have met our backup tonight....

Old
09-16-2007, 06:30 PM
skellart2

Quote:
Originally Posted by handtrick View Post
Ellis sounds like he is standing on his head....we may have met our backup tonight....
sounds that way. Lots of great saves in the third the way it sounded.

Old
09-16-2007, 06:31 PM
lstcyr

I didn't think Rinne played that poorly. 15 of 16 stopped. I think we have a battle on for second. I did read somewhere that Rinne could go to Milwaukee without waivers but Ellis couldn't. That would put the advantage to Ellis I think.

lstcyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2007, 06:36 PM
Jarnberg

Predators hold on for dear life and pull the win out.

Sounds like Ellis had a good third period.

We consistently get out played in the third period, even in the preseason.

Old
09-16-2007, 06:37 PM
FanGirl10

Quote:
Originally Posted by burnlikestars View Post
since when does a player get 5 for that?
Apparently you do now.

I have to say it appears that the Refs called EVERYTHING. And I'm not sure if that's a good thing or not.

But you just can't convince me that Erat had an "intent to injur" that warranted a 10 min.

Also wanted to add that Philstrom seems to have a knack for knowing where the puck will be. I noticed yesterday during scrimmage that when someone had the puck and turned to look for him - he was always there. He's going to do great things for us.

FanGirl10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2007, 07:09 PM
Jarnberg

Quote:
Originally Posted by FanGirl10 View Post
I have to say it appears that the Refs called EVERYTHING. And I'm not sure if that's a good thing or not.
The refs call more and the players commit more penalties usually in the first few games of the preseason due to not being in sync and getting their feet back.

Old
09-16-2007, 07:12 PM
handtrick

Legwand had the "C" tonight.

Weber and Nichol had the "A"s.

Old
09-16-2007, 07:32 PM
Jovavic
Lose to CBJ?

Send a message via AIM to Jovavic
Just got back from the game, thought I'd throw you guys some insight.

Both goalies played well but the Jackets didn't really put many hard shots on them. The goal that Rinne gave up wasn't his fault. Ellis seemed like a big dude.

Since I was up in the upper bowl, I couldn't see the names very well. Number 43 on defense (Niskala?) looked lost out there, flubbing passes, missing assignments, etc. Don't know what kind of plans you guys had for him this year, but based on this game, some time with the Ads would do him good. Ortermeyer impressed, played a solid game. I thought Legwand scored his goal since they have similar numbers, very good wrist shot to the glove side. Weber had a solid game, got robbed by Leclaire on one occasion. Radulov had a quiet game, didn't do much tonight. Your PP was zipping passes around like it was midseason already. The forwards had alot of speed crossing the blueline, leaving the defenders flatfooted often, I though. Even with Karyia gone and Sully on IR, you guys still have some quick forwards.

That's about all I got, if you got any questions about a player, I'll try to dig through my brain to get an impression of them.

Jovavic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2007, 09:20 PM
FanGirl10

Thanks Oz.

And Stranger, that makes sense, but from what Pete and Terry were saying, it sounds like this is going to be par for the course from now on.

FanGirl10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2007, 10:03 PM
Jarnberg

Quote:
Originally Posted by FanGirl10 View Post
And Stranger, that makes sense, but from what Pete and Terry were saying, it sounds like this is going to be par for the course from now on.
While I didn't get to listen to Pete and Terry (I had to listen to the Jackets feed.. UGH, makes me appreciate our team even more so) and I didn't get to hear all of their comments, I'll say this anyway. The refs will call everything in the preseason and the players till take more penalties. At the start of the season, the refs will call more. As the season goes on the calls will die down some (still more calls in the new NHL however). Then towards the playoffs, they usually swallow whistles unless they feel like giving us game misconducts.

Of course this is the usual pattern, not sure if the refs will be able to offer some consistency, which is something they REALLY lacked last season. Way too many instances of refs letting one call go and then calling the same type of call the next time.

Old
09-16-2007, 10:04 PM
Jarnberg

So I wonder if Erat's hit was as dirty as the BJ board is making it out to be. Reading their comments, you'd think Erat turned into a cheap shot artist, focused in on his fellow countryman and decided to take care of business in a critical preseason game. Since he has a history of such incidents.

Old
09-16-2007, 10:10 PM
PredsV82
Puckaroni and cheese

vCash: 50
Quote:
So I wonder if Erat's hit was as dirty as the BJ board is making it out to be. Reading their comments, you'd think Erat turned into a cheap shot artist, focused in on his fellow countryman and decided to take care of business in a critical preseason game. Since he has a history of such incidents.
If appearing to be hurt will get your team a major penalty and get a guy on the other team tossed this is gonna be a disaster...

PredsV82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2007, 10:13 PM
Jarnberg

Quote:
Originally Posted by PredsV82 View Post
If appearing to be hurt will get your team a major penalty and get a guy on the other team tossed this is gonna be a disaster...
In fairness, it did sound like Vyborny picked up a legit injury. But I agree, if anytime a player appears hurt the other guy gets a misconduct, I could easily see teams abusing that (not saying the Blue Jackets did so).

Old
09-16-2007, 10:19 PM
PredsV82
Puckaroni and cheese

vCash: 50
Quote:
In fairness, it did sound like Vyborny picked up a legit injury. But I agree, if anytime a player appears hurt the other guy gets a misconduct, I could easily see teams abusing that (not saying the Blue Jackets did so).
the biggest problem is how is a ref gonna know at that second how bad a guy is hurt..

we've seen guys have to be helped off the ice that are back at it in two shifts, but by then its too late if a player is ejected..

someone suggested that if a player draws that kind of penalty he must at least not return to the game at all... that would have been really crappy, if Vyborny had come back out for the second period...

PredsV82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2007, 10:27 PM
Jarnberg

Quote:
Originally Posted by PredsV82 View Post
the biggest problem is how is a ref gonna know at that second how bad a guy is hurt..

we've seen guys have to be helped off the ice that are back at it in two shifts, but by then its too late if a player is ejected..

someone suggested that if a player draws that kind of penalty he must at least not return to the game at all... that would have been really crappy, if Vyborny had come back out for the second period...
Yep, I agree. Its a fine line and with our refs, I have little faith.

Old
09-16-2007, 10:49 PM
Casework

Quote:
Let me put it this way. Look at the amount of games Vyborny has missed in the NHL. I wouldn't call him an iron man, but he really doesn't miss anytime. For him to lay nearly motionless on the ice, and then needed to be helped off by two people, it is serious.

He didn't have the puck, and if I recall correctly, he wasn't even very close to the puck or where it was headed. Erat hit him low and hit him hard.

I don't know what caused this from Erat, but it was certainly a very serious hit.

Casework is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2007, 01:22 AM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

Don't Vyborny and Erat hang out together in the offseason? I thought they were trainging buddies.

triggrman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2007, 01:36 AM
hossua34
Mutt

Send a message via AIM to hossua34 Send a message via Yahoo to hossua34
I thought Erat's hit on Vyborny was reckless at most. Certainly not intentional. But it did LOOK bad - with Vyborny flying head first into the boards at speed it could easily have been mistaken as a vicious hit from behind.

hossua34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2007, 06:08 AM
predperson

Blue Jackets: Injury interrupts test of new line

Quote:
Martin Erat leveled the hit. He was given a five-minute major penalty and ejected, a new wrinkle in the NHL rulebook that allows officials to give a major and game misconduct when an injury is caused by interference. Previously, they could only grant a minor penalty.

"It's something that's been missing from our game," Hitchcock said.

Erat does not have a history of dirty hits, and he and Vyborny, both Czechs, are close friends, having been teammates in numerous international events.

"He's my friend," Erat said. "A very good friend. On the ice, nobody is my friend, but this is the wrong play. I didn't try to do something stupid."

Erat said he was hoping to find Vyborny before he and the Predators returned to Nashville last night, presumably to apologize.

predperson is offline   Reply With Quote