HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Future Third Line

Closed Thread

Old
03-14-2004, 07:40 AM
Moumni_Bachir

vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to Moumni_Bachir
Quote:
Originally Posted by JV
Well, he's not in the lineup, so what's the difference? We get a decent defensive prospect and I'll be all glad.
Remember that he leads the team in points...

Old
03-14-2004, 09:08 AM
Next Best Thing*

Hey our third line was a <b>BEAST</b> last night, totally shutting out the Sundin line. I love those guys, simply outstanding.

Ward-Dowd-Begin

Old
03-14-2004, 09:50 AM
Aarex

I don't mean to bash ribs or anything, but it is my understanding that higgins has the potential to be better then ribs (possibly equiv to koivu)?

Old
03-14-2004, 10:24 AM
Cariboux

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rydified
I don't mean to bash ribs or anything, but it is my understanding that higgins has the potential to be better then ribs (possibly equiv to koivu)?
From what I heard, they are not the same type of players. Higgins, correct me if I'm wrong, will be more a Peca like player or a better version of John Madden.

Old
03-14-2004, 10:25 AM
Aarex

ahhh, I see. I was under the impression that he was one of the leading scorers for the US jr team.

Old
03-14-2004, 10:27 AM
hockey_nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madevilz
Even Kats is not a sure top line foward.

Kast was believed to be the "sleeper" of the draft... they said he had the best offensive potential amongst everyone (Zherdev included) who was drafted. Just because of his heathy problems, the lower teams didn't go after him. He has 1st line potential.

I'd expect to see him playing full-time during the 2005-06 season. Next season will be too short.

Old
03-14-2004, 12:40 PM
Freaky Habs Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rydified
ahhh, I see. I was under the impression that he was one of the leading scorers for the US jr team.
He was. He's a mistery because he his a two way player with a lot of ofensive upside so I don't know where he will play in Montreal. Could easily be on the top two line or could turn into a decent third liner. Actually, he's a sure bet.

Old
03-14-2004, 08:04 PM
montreal
Time to Get Down

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cariboux
From what I heard, they are not the same type of players. Higgins, correct me if I'm wrong, will be more a Peca like player or a better version of John Madden.

No I don't see Peca or Madden at all. Higgins is an offenisve force. He has good vision and he's a very smart player. I wouldn't call him a flashy goal scorer but he can put the puck in the net or setup plays (I never understood Savard's comments about a lack of creatitivty) Higgins should be a top 6 forward, imo. He gets called a 3rd liner cause of his excellent play in his own end. He's a kid that does all the little things and I consider him our top all round prospect.

I'm not saying what line he will play on in the future, but his talent is as a top 6 forward and if he's on the 3rd line later in his career (not just starting out) then it shows how good of a team we will have.

Old
03-14-2004, 08:32 PM
jcpenny

Higgins has great skill but is nowhere Ribs talent. Higgins will start his NHL career as a third line guy. In the future I see Maxim Lapierre as our Third line center. He's a bigger version of Steve Bégin with more skill (6'2 195).

Old
03-14-2004, 08:42 PM
Malakhov

Send a message via MSN to Malakhov
Quote:
Originally Posted by koivu4ever
LOL!! Good one!
Can I have some of your crack?
You're telling us that without Ribeiro this year, we'd still be in the top 10 in the east?

I'd sure like to know who that 2nd center would of been that would of scored 19 goals, had 40 assists for a total of 59 points and would lead the team in points

Closed Thread