HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The competition - a Eastern Conference sneakpeek

Old
09-17-2007, 12:19 PM
NYRJurgen88

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to NYRJurgen88
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjoelson View Post
If you are referring to Parise and Zajac I can't see how you say Staal is better than Parise. The guy hasn't played in the NHL
Staal will become a better player. Teh jersey fn said he'd take either of them over any of the Rangers younger players. I used Staal as 1 example...

If we're just going on NHL production/performance then i'd take Prucha and Lundqvist over thoe two.

NYRJurgen88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2007, 12:20 PM
BJo

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRJurgen88 View Post
Staal will become a better player. Teh jersey fn said he'd take either of them over any of the Rangers younger players. I used Staal as 1 example...

If we're just going on NHL production/performance then i'd take Prucha and Lundqvist over thoe two.
Has Staal dominated in the AHL?

BJo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2007, 12:23 PM
NYRJurgen88

Send a message via MSN to NYRJurgen88
Quote:
Has Staal dominated in the AHL?
he's dominated at every level he's played. Whether that be junior or WJC or at a top prospect tourney like Traverse. His development keeps going the right way. i dont see why that wont continue.

NYRJurgen88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2007, 01:18 PM
Ola

Quote:
It's a little cocky to say you should beat the Islanders 8/8. It's still the NHL and you have NHL caliber players on every team. I don't think you can go into a season expecting to win all 8 matchups. You're confident i'll give you that.
I don't remember what I wrote, but I ment that that this is a team we should beat every time we face them. There won't be a time this season where we play the NYI and say "ok we will be happy with a draw here". I vision that NYI we be as good this season as Washington was two season ago, and we had problems with Washington at times.

They got a great goalie and allot of hardworking players. But they are defenitly one of the weakest teams in the league -- not the weakest team the last 3 years or something, but on par with Washington and the likes. If we play well we should go 6-2 against them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyChoice View Post
The only thing that makes me think the Pens aren't better than us is Fleury. That forward group is insane, but I feel good playing Pittsburgh any day knowing that we won 't have too difficult a time scoring on MAF.

I said the same thing over at the Pens board and they said MAF will be an elite goalie very soon, but I'll believe it when I see it. They said the D is teh team's achilles heal, but I gotta believe MAF is going to hold the Pens back.
The coach. I think we are much much better coached then Pittsburg. They live on Crosby leading the way. And Malkin will assume a simular leading role down the road. Though interms of style they aren't better then teams like Atlanta and Boston.

I really liked how we played them last season when we had all the injury's. Thoose where defenitly coach pts so to speak...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooklyndevil View Post
I think your underrating Parise and Zajac, but that's cool because all of our opinions won't mean beans once the puck is dropped. And I would take those two over any of the Rangers young players.
Nah I doubt it. If you list your expected pts production for thoose 2 my response most likely will be -- "see thats my point".

You don't got a offense like Ottawa/Buffalo (last season), or even a 1st line like Tampa (unless Elias really stepps up). My point was that we should be able to prevent NJD from scoring more then 2 goals per night if we play as we should.

Ola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2007, 02:10 PM
BJo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ola View Post
I don't remember what I wrote, but I ment that that this is a team we should beat every time we face them. There won't be a time this season where we play the NYI and say "ok we will be happy with a draw here". I vision that NYI we be as good this season as Washington was two season ago, and we had problems with Washington at times.

They got a great goalie and allot of hardworking players. But they are defenitly one of the weakest teams in the league -- not the weakest team the last 3 years or something, but on par with Washington and the likes. If we play well we should go 6-2 against them..
Yea I see what you're saying. I guess if you take each game individually, the night before each game you would expect to win that game against an inferior team. But to me, before the season even starts, a prediction like 6-2 or 7-1 seems more realistic. I totally know what you're saying though. I guess we analyzed it from different angles. You're looking at it from a night before the game standpoint and i'm looking at it from an 8 game package standpoint.

BJo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2007, 08:36 PM
The Perfect Paradox
Beyond Good and Evil

thanks for the info. man real nice preview. Looks liek this will b the closest division in the NHL. Can't wait for the season to start

The Perfect Paradox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2007, 09:24 PM
ATLANTARANGER*

Of all the teams in the division we look to have the least amount of questions. We also look to have the most depth. Everyone else has some major issues and their ability to settle them or overcome them will play a large role in their positioning.

NJ should do fine, the key is how they do with their first 9 games on the road, then, as strange as this sounds, playing an awful lot of home games in a new surrounding. Many a team have not done well in a new building. There is no tradition in a new building, everything and everybody is equal. The loss of Gomez, the lack of quality prospects to fill viods will eventually show. I look for NJ to play a tighter defensive game. It will be more important than ever for NJ to score first.

LI will field a team that plays hard every night. If you do not match their work ethic they will beat you. But, they lost more than any team in the division. They would seem to be a 500 team or worst. Ricky will have to stand on his head for them to make the playoffs.

Philly has improved. They key is what it always is for them, a goalie, specifically finding 1 goalie as their man guy. Until they find that Philly will always have a split personality, those perferring one goal over another. They should do better. I seem them fighting it out with LI for the bottom 2 positions.

The Penguins, next to Philly may have the biggest question mark in goal. Until Fluery plays consistantly the Pens will rely on Crosby & Malkin. They seem to have improved their D which may aid Fluery. I see us & them battling it out for the top stop.

ATLANTARANGER* is offline   Reply With Quote