HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > St. Louis Blues
Notices

Little Help, Blues Fans....

Closed Thread

Old
03-15-2004, 07:14 AM
jacketracket*

vCash: 500
Little Help, Blues Fans....

I was at the game Sat., and was just curious about the goal celebration at Savvis. I always thought the bell tolling the Blues score, after each goal, was pretty cool. But I noticed Saturday night that the whole thing starts w/the guy in the upper deck, who jumps up from his seat and runs down to the railing and "leads" the crowd in the counting, as the bell tolls.

When he's done, he throws something out into the crowd, and the place goes nuts. The whole routine seemed pretty cool, and the crowd really got into it.

Could someone explain the origins behind the whole thing?

About 40 of us CBJers were at the game---Savvis was nice, and the place was rocking! Great environment!

Old
03-15-2004, 08:18 AM
jedicujo

You know, I'm not really sure how it started.

Most people call him the "towel guy;" (that's what he throws) he's been there as long as I can remember.

I don't remember if they had a towel guy at the Arena. Something someone else is going to have to answer.

[edit]
The best part of the goal celebration is the goal music, the variation of Saints. I was so pissed when they tried something else last year. I wish I had a high-quality mp3 of that tune.

Old
03-15-2004, 08:54 AM
TimothyR

He has been doing it for a while. Yep, we call him the "Towel Man" or "Towel Guy." He throws a wadded up towel. The towels used to have just the business' logos that sponsored him. Now they have a picture of him with his sponsors (one logo I saw was Imo's pizza). I only know this because last night a guy got one two rows in front of me and I saw it. He also signs it.

I heard a rumour that he either was doing it in Peoria for the Rivermen or that he saw somebody doing it there and copied it. Maybe somebody that actually knows can clarify this.

I saw you Jacket Backers at the game. I was seated on the other side of the arena. I took a trip to Nationwide last year to see the Blues play. Nice arena you have. Starbucks on the corner, very cool. And that restaraunt, Buco de Beppa (sp?) was a trip. Good fans, nice place. I enjoyed the trip very much.

Closed Thread