HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Tampa Bay Lightning
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Ranger Question

Closed Thread

Old
09-17-2007, 08:44 PM
Darth Vitale
Transitional Period

vCash: 500
Ranger Question

What is your guys' opinion of Paul Ranger? He looks like he could be a guy that's ready to step in and get 40 points or so this year. Do you guys expect he'll get good time on teh PP / more goals in general this year? I have him on my fantasy watch-list and am thinking of dropping an Ottawa D man who isn't likely to get more than 20 pts in any season. Thoughts? Is he ready to step in and be the #1 D guy / PP guy there?

Old
09-18-2007, 12:03 PM
Hockeyfan02

The PP units haven't been determined. I'm guessing they'll stick with the top unit of Lecavalier, St. Louis, Prospal up front with Boyle and Richards on the point. Sometimes Boyle will stay out there for the majority of the PP and Kuba will take the other point on the 2nd unit. Ranger gets some PP time, but not much where I think he's a useful fantasy player (depends on how deep your league is). He should be your 3rd or 4th defenseman in a 12 team league if you have point guys like Lidstrom, Pronger, etc. to take a risk on Ranger breaking out. If Boyle or Kuba go down with injury (*knock on wood*) he'll see more time. I would expect 30-35 points. Anything more than that would be a nice surprise. Kuba is a better option IMO. Paul isn't ready to be a PP QB on a #1 PP unit, but I think if given a chance he could be good on the 2nd unit.

Old
09-18-2007, 03:30 PM
LastoftheBrunnenG

This is anecdotal, I realize, but in his 1st two seasons Paul takes lots of good shots that don't seem to go in. I wouldn't be surprised for the law of averages to kick in and scores 8-10 goals. That, along with normal improvement, could lead to 40 points. He did score 28 last season, after all. That was a 10 point improvement from his rookie season. But I'll agree with hockeyfan02 that 30-35 is a solid prediction.

Old
09-18-2007, 05:33 PM
Darth Vitale
Transitional Period

Thanks for taking the time to post your thoughts... sounds like even if more G, not much PP time is likely.

Closed Thread