HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Pat Quinn should leave these three lines together

Closed Thread

Old
03-15-2004, 04:43 PM
richardn

vCash: 500
Pat Quinn should leave these three lines together

I think Pat Quinn should leave these three lines together and let them get on track for the playoffs. I would only tinker with the fourth line and have the extra roster palyers battle for a spot.

Roberts/Sundin/Mogiliny
Antropov/Nieuwendyk/Ponikarovsky
Stajan/Francis/Nolan
Tucker/Reichel/Domi - This is what the fourth line should look like if you ask me. The only player that should be scratched for someone else would be Reichel. You have to leave Domi in because you must have an enforcer and you have to leave Tucker in there because he actually should be higher in the depth chart. The line of Reichel, Tucker and Domi played very well together not to long ago.

I would also consider dressing five defencemen and having Fitzgerald be an extra forward for penalty killing. I think the leafs have enough D that can handle the ice time. Leetch is used to playing 30 minutes a game.

Old
03-15-2004, 04:49 PM
Cap'n Flavour

Send a message via ICQ to Cap'n Flavour Send a message via MSN to Cap'n Flavour
Uh, no offense but those are terrible ideas. If a defenseman goes down early in the game you're left with 4 dmen. That's a recipe for disaster, especially if the game heads to overtime in the playoffs.

As for the fourth line, it should be a regular rotation of guys to get them some playing time before the playoffs, where injuries are certain to occur. However once it get to playoff time, I don't agree that an enforcer is necessary. Having said that, the final forward spot is still probably a toss up between Domi, Renberg ( if he's healthy again ) and Fitzgerald, assuming Stajan stays on which he probably will.

Old
03-15-2004, 04:54 PM
richardn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cap'n Flavour
Uh, no offense but those are terrible ideas. If a defenseman goes down early in the game you're left with 4 dmen. That's a recipe for disaster, especially if the game heads to overtime in the playoffs.

As for the fourth line, it should be a regular rotation of guys to get them some playing time before the playoffs, where injuries are certain to occur. However once it get to playoff time, I don't agree that an enforcer is necessary. Having said that, the final forward spot is still probably a toss up between Domi, Renberg ( if he's healthy again ) and Fitzgerald, assuming Stajan stays on which he probably will.
Domi does more then fight he creates space on the ice for the other forwards. He is very good at winning the battles on the boards and can get the team boosted with a big hit. It would be a mistake to take Domi out. Take Domi out and players will start running Sundin and Mogiliny reguardless of it being a playoff game or not. Renberg should only see the ice again if injuries occur. Renberg does not suit the role of a fourth line player and is not good enough to crack the top 3 scoring lines.

Closed Thread