Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
General Sports Other sports without their own forum, and general sports talk

General Rugby talk thread

Closed Thread

Old
09-15-2007, 02:28 AM
GarretJoseph*

vCash: 500
Wow, If England doesn't make it to the Q-finals at least, I'd be shocked. I really dont see Tonga or Samoa beating them.

Ireland should go 2-0 today with a win against Georgia, going to miss this match as I have a baby shower to attend...

Wales V Australia today also, this game shoudl decide the GROUP. Wales might pull an upset, Australia have been known to take Wales lightly...

Expect N.Zealand to score at least 60 on Portugal...

Old
09-15-2007, 02:32 AM
clefty
What?

New Zealand should score 100+

Old
09-15-2007, 08:22 AM
Roughneck

Send a message via MSN to Roughneck
Quote:
Originally Posted by clefty View Post
New Zealand should score 100+
Portugal needs to stick to soccer.

As for this Aus/Wales game, up until that try (which was a fantastic step by Barnes), I actually thought Wales were putting in the better showing. We'll have to see how they respond to it, becuase I think that break was all Australia would need to open this game up.

Old
09-15-2007, 09:39 AM
Hollywood3
Bison/Jet/Moose Fan

vCash: 525
September 15, 2007

New Zealand 108
Portugal 13

[REPORT]

The first match of the day is already over. Although it may have been over before it started. This was a big of a mismatch as there was in this RWC. The #1 team in world rankings against a team that had never before qualified and claimed the final place in the tournament in a repechage playoff against Uruguay. The All Blacks should cruise to 1st in this pool while Italy and Scotland are fortunate to have drawn one another in a battle for 2nd. The Romania v Italy match frankly stunk and Portugal is happy to be here. The All Blacks would have liked at least one decent match before the quarter-finals and surely won't get it from this out-classed lot.

Up next:

Saturday 15th September 2007
Wales v Australia (it is 32-13 Oz as I post)
Ireland v Georgia

Sunday 16th September 2007
Fiji v Canada
Samoa v Tonga
France v Namibia

Bookmarks:

[RUGBYWORLDCUP.COM] ~ [SCHEDULE] ~ [SCRUM.COM RWC PAGE] ~ [PLANET RUGBY RWC PAGE] ~ [RUGBYCANADA.CA]

Old
09-15-2007, 03:42 PM
Roughneck

This is just pathetic. Just sack O'Sullivan now and start over.

Old
09-15-2007, 05:23 PM
Hollywood3
Bison/Jet/Moose Fan

September 15, 2007

Wales 20
Australia 32

[REPORT]

Ireland 14
Georgia 10

[REPORT]

So, who's sucking worse? Ireland or England? Can Scotland still get into the "who sucks worst" contest?

Up next:

Sunday 16th September 2007
Fiji v Canada
Samoa v Tonga
France v Namibia

Bookmarks:

[RUGBYWORLDCUP.COM] ~ [SCHEDULE] ~ [SCRUM.COM RWC PAGE] ~ [PLANET RUGBY RWC PAGE] ~ [RUGBYCANADA.CA]

Old
09-15-2007, 08:16 PM
clefty
What?

It was still relatively comfortable for Australia. They did clock off in the second half though, and they still can't hold the ball.

But considering they got homered by the referee, lost Stephen Larkham before the game, lost Stirling Mortlock, and at one stage played with two men down, it was satisfactory at once. Wales' try with 2 minutes left was a double knock-on as well. Their time is in the semi-final against New Zealand, and I still think they're the only team that can beat them.

And Ireland are hilarious.

Old
09-15-2007, 10:39 PM
Hollywood3
Bison/Jet/Moose Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roughneck View Post
Portugal needs to stick to soccer.

As for this Aus/Wales game, up until that try (which was a fantastic step by Barnes), I actually thought Wales were putting in the better showing. We'll have to see how they respond to it, becuase I think that break was all Australia would need to open this game up.
And Ireland should stick to hurling!

And Engerlund should stick to .... uh ... maybe, no ... I'll get back to you.

Old
09-16-2007, 12:24 AM
GarretJoseph*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood3 View Post
And Ireland should stick to hurling!

And Engerlund should stick to .... uh ... maybe, no ... I'll get back to you.
No matter how bad England are playing they are still the Champions until they get knocked out. I also believe they have a World Cup title too (1966 anyone?)

As for Hurling? Its played mostly in Ireland and its not really an international sport.

Maybe you should stick to movies.

Old
09-16-2007, 12:26 AM
GarretJoseph*

Quote:
Originally Posted by clefty View Post

And Ireland are hilarious.
They played like they didn't care, perhaps they will actually turn up for the France & Argie games or they will GET KILLED!

Old
09-16-2007, 12:30 AM
CycloneLaunch

All i can say is ouch for Ireland. disgraceful really. lucky for them Georgia can't drop kick to save themselves. England just looks like a leaderless rabble intent on playing the same game that won them the 03 cup, without the skill to do so.

Old
09-16-2007, 09:48 AM
Roughneck

Unlucky for Canada, and they played so well in the last 30 mintes too. But they only have their tackling to blame, I know the Fijians can run, but they shouldn't be able to sidestep and break through three or four tackles like they were doing. The forwards also weren't getting enough depth nor were they hitting the line with any sort of explosivness.

Old
09-19-2007, 07:19 AM
Morozov
The Devil Killer

Send a message via MSN to Morozov
What are Ireland doing I rated them highly comming into this, higher than any of the other European countries but right now they look like the All Blacks or Springboks would throw up around 80 points on them. Though I suppose we will have to wait and see what happens when it really counts.

Sad news for the other teams is that Conrad Smith played through the game (and grabbed a double) after all his injury concerns. Alot of people not from NZ do not realise how good this guy is, he would have spent alot of time in the black jersey already if not for the broken leg. This guy is an amazing distributor and is the answer to the all blacks post Tana issue at center. He is used to playing aggresive exciting rugby with the Hurricanes and if this guy finds form and is distributing(which the more you see of him the more you will appreciate) to the wings we have its going to be alot to contain.

Old
09-19-2007, 07:46 AM
Morozov
The Devil Killer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Dragon View Post
Exactly. Can you imagine how good the Wallabies would be if they had have been successful in poaching the likes of Willie Mason, Sonny Bill Williams, Andrew Johns etc?

Mils Muliana
Joe Rokocoko
Sitiveni Sivivatu
Rodney So'oialo
Chris Masoe
Jerry Collins
Lmao I know this is old but I have to point out how stupid this is, you say how much better Aussie would be with Johns, Williams and Mason.

Williams is a staunch Kiwi, ever watched an international league game, Sonny Bill is wearing a BLACK jersey.

Willy Mason was born in Auckland NEW ZEALAND, funny how you post about poaching talent? even more funny is that last year Mason made media headlines suggesting he was interested in changing codes to play as an All Black

Not to mention that the All Blacks have talent in league too, imagine if SONNY BILL(THE NEWZEALANER) Benji Marshall, Nigel Vagana etc were on the All Blacks, what a pointless suggestion.

Mils Muliana
Joe Rokocoko
Sitiveni Sivivatu
Rodney So'oialo
Chris Masoe
Jerry Collins

These guys arent recruited from the islands they are islanders that live in New Zealand, obviously you have never been here or you would realise there is a huge amount of pacific island families, they are kiwis, raised kiwis, brought up through kiwi rugby systems. If it was as easy as picking up a few islanders then Australia would be looking much better right now. Incase you didnt know this either, NONE of Australias starting front row against Wales are born in Australia, even Matt Dunning was born in Calgary. Those damn Aussies recruiting players and giving them citizenship hell Dunnings brother played prop for Canada. Tuquiri your star winger is from Fiji, thats 4 of your starting lineup not even born in Australia, George Gregan is born in Zambia, Vickerman was born in South Africa, Digby ioane was born in wellington NEW ZEALAND, cameron shepard born in England, Sheperdson from Indonesia,

Meanwhile you attack the All Blacks for having some islanders in a pacific island country while you take guys from Canada, New Zealand, Zambia, England, Indonesia, Fiji, South Africa and its fine? dont see any Aussie born All Blacks but I see New Zealand born Aussie league and union players? but thats ok is it?

Sorry but had to vent about this guys posts long time reader here and that post infuriated me for awhile.

Last edited by Morozov: 09-19-2007 at 05:45 PM.
Old
09-19-2007, 08:27 AM
CycloneLaunch

There's really only been 'nothing' matches on for the last few days. But the France/Ireland game in a couple of days time is going to be a crucial clash. Tonga also has a chance to qualify for the playoffs after defeating Samoa for the first time in 7 years. However either them or Samoa will have to beat England for a chance to qualify.

Old
09-19-2007, 04:16 PM
Roughneck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morozov View Post
What are Ireland doing I rated them highly comming into this, higher than any of the other European countries but right now they look like the All Blacks or Springboks would throw up around 80 points on them. Though I suppose we will have to wait and see what happens when it really counts.
That's all one can hope for really. There was just no intensity to their game, which I find extremely disturbing seeing as how they aren't running up the scores and couldn't even get a bonus point considering the group they're in. The talk in Ireland about the team is something though, it wont be pretty if they return without advancing to the QF. If they can beat France all will be forgiven, if not and it turns out to be a typical Ireland/France game in Paris, I can only imagine what will happen to this team.

Quote:
Sad news for the other teams is that Conrad Smith played through the game (and grabbed a double) after all his injury concerns. Alot of people not from NZ do not realise how good this guy is, he would have spent alot of time in the black jersey already if not for the broken leg. This guy is an amazing distributor and is the answer to the all blacks post Tana issue at center. He is used to playing aggresive exciting rugby with the Hurricanes and if this guy finds form and is distributing(which the more you see of him the more you will appreciate) to the wings we have its going to be alot to contain.
He's definitely been good. It was always scary to know that the All Blacks were still this good without a consistent centre duo, and with a guy who can get the ball to those back 3, its basically game over.

Old
09-19-2007, 06:38 PM
GarretJoseph*

the French media and players are saying its a MUST win game against Ireland. Nothing short than a win is good enough...

Old
09-21-2007, 12:52 AM
Morozov
The Devil Killer

Would love to see the French fail but I have picked them by 20+ against Ireland for virtual world cup.

Old
09-21-2007, 08:33 PM
CycloneLaunch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morozov View Post
Would love to see the French fail but I have picked them by 20+ against Ireland for virtual world cup.
Good pick. 25-3 to France.

Old
09-21-2007, 10:38 PM
Morozov
The Devil Killer

Cya later Ireland.

Old
09-22-2007, 01:25 AM
GarretJoseph*

Ireland looked bad, france looked decent against a bad side.

Both wont do anything.

The Irish will have to destroy Argentina just to advance to q-finals

Old
09-22-2007, 01:54 AM
Morozov
The Devil Killer

So Roughneck whats going to happen against Argentina?

Old
09-22-2007, 11:36 AM
Hollywood3
Bison/Jet/Moose Fan

September 16, 2007

Fiji 29
Canada 16

[REPORT]

I suffered much bitterness after this match and it took me a while to post. The waived off try after going to video was frustrating as Canada mounted a comeback. The adverse decision did not affect their resolve and with time running out and Fiji clinging to a 22-16 lead, a sure-fire game winning try under the posts was fumbled. The Fijians then scooped the ball and ran the distance. Good grief, Charlie Brown.

Samoa 15
Tonga 19

[REPORT]

This was a mild upset. Now Engerlund has two potential upsets to avoid.

France 87
Namibia 10

[REPORT]

A fly has a better chance against a windshield than Namibia in this game.

September 18, 2007

Scotland 42
Romania 0

[REPORT]

This is the pool Canada (and everybody else in tyhe mid-rankings) wishes they were in.

Old
09-22-2007, 11:37 AM
Hollywood3
Bison/Jet/Moose Fan

September 19, 2007

Italy 31
Portugal 5

[REPORT]

See the Scotland-Romania commentary.

September 20, 2007

Wales 72
Japan 18

[REPORT]

If the Japanese were a little bit bigger ...

September 21, 2007

France 25
Ireland 3

[REPORT]

The Irish must now beat Argentina then pray. I say they're done. Their failure the cash in against the weak sisters costs them.

Up next:

Saturday 22nd September 2007
South Africa v Tonga
England v Samoa
Argentina v Namibia

Sunday 23rd September 2007
Australia v Fiji
Scotland v New Zealand

Tuesday 25th September 2007
Canada v Japan
Romania v Portugal

Wednesday 26th September 2007
Georgia v Namibia
Samoa v USA

Bookmarks:

Old
09-22-2007, 11:50 AM
CycloneLaunch

Quote:
Originally Posted by GarretJoseph View Post
Ireland looked bad, france looked decent against a bad side.

Both wont do anything.

The Irish will have to destroy Argentina just to advance to q-finals
And even then its likely they'll play NZ.

the SA/Tonga game was excellent.

30-25 to SA.

Closed Thread