HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Notices

Wouldn't trade Alyn McCauley Even up for Owen Nolan

Closed Thread

Old
03-14-2004, 06:19 PM
Stephen

vCash: 500
I've learned to accept less from Owen Nolan.

He's just going to be either hot or cold, and that's the way he is.

He's never been a consistent producer, and I think we knew what we were getting into when we picked this guy up.

Old
03-14-2004, 06:24 PM
Red Horner*

Quote:
Originally Posted by HabsBaby18
Kilger is not better than domi LOL ,,, When you will see him play , you will realize your BIG mistake
I expect him to be rejuvinated now that he's back in Canada

Old
03-14-2004, 06:26 PM
Red Horner*

Quote:
Originally Posted by mogilny8989
Just because Alyn might be putting up good points this year doesn't mean he is a better player then Owen. Owen is a 1st line calibre player playing on a 3rd line, and he still is putting up really good numbers. But Owens physical play far outways the benefits of his point production. Come playoff time, you wouldn't have to ask me twice.
Nolan over McCauley easily.
I guess you missed last years playoffs, Nolan threw a Shutout.

Old
03-14-2004, 06:35 PM
TrueBlue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Horner
Alyn's an all around player he does every thing, Nolan is a player who accomplished every thing by brute force, he's not a smart player at all his body is his only resource, not a thinking man's player at all. His body is worn out, he can only play in spurts, his off ice conditioning is terrible he's only 31 and he looks like he's 51 most of the time, his off ice conditioning in the summer is Fishing, on his off days he's fishing, soon as he gets to Florida he's fishing, nothing wrong with fishing but when your paid 6.5 a year you should put in the time to be the best you can be. He doesn't play in all three zones, overall except for 20 games that he's been here he's just not giving us the BANG for our Buck.

Now this is just my opinion feel free to disagree, but lets not sink to the immature level of wanting to have people banned, just because their not satisfied with the management and some of the players and express their view.

If I remember last April what most had to say about Quinn and the players everyone would have been banned. What's wrong with saying it before the fact than after, Quinns the same idiot and the players are even older.
That Nolan for Alyn deal sucked. Alyn is awesome. Don't be surprised if he wins the Selke this year.

Old
03-14-2004, 07:33 PM
ComrieFanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Horner
I couldn't wait any longer, I wanted to post something before playoff time
So you are saying 1 of 2 things: Either 1) we will lose 11 straight or 2) we will win a game in the playoffs.. Above you said we would lose 4 straight in the playoffs...you dont even no what your are talking about so go post on other boards.

Old
03-15-2004, 07:35 AM
Raging Bull

Quote:
I guess you missed last years playoffs, Nolan threw a Shutout.
No, I seen it. He was injured, and if he can't play his rough and tough style, he's no good. If he stays healthy, he will be dynamite in the playoffs.

Old
03-15-2004, 07:53 PM
Red Horner*

Nothing is happening to change my mind, we was robbed

Old
03-15-2004, 09:07 PM
loveshack2

The team is trying to win the Cup this year.

Nolan obviously contributes more to that goal than does McCauley. Neither Boyes nor the 1st rounder are even in the league yet. End of story.

Nolan ppg 0.72
McCauley ppg 0.53

Closed Thread