HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Martin Straka Alternate Captain?

Old
09-24-2007, 12:19 AM
rambler725

vCash: 500
Martin Straka Alternate Captain?

My memory is hazy but can someone tell me if Marty Straka was an alternate captain last season???

Thanks!

rambler725 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2007, 12:31 AM
Carlos Ranger
Zucc-a-Rella

vCash: 50
Yes.

Last edited by SingnBluesOnBroadway: 09-24-2007 at 09:37 AM.
Carlos Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2007, 12:36 AM
Nekz
Let's Go Rangers!

Send a message via AIM to Nekz
Yep, yep. And will be one this year.

(Where else would he ask?)

Nekz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2007, 12:52 AM
DontStaal

it'll be the same this year

Jagr C, Shanny and Straka A

if there was a 3rd, no doubt itd go to drury

DontStaal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2007, 09:10 AM
SpeedSkatOrr

I really think that it will be Jagr - C, Shanny - A and Drury - A but I might be wrong!

SpeedSkatOrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2007, 09:40 AM
BDubinskyNYR17*

Send a message via AIM to BDubinskyNYR17*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avery Orr Pock View Post
I really think that it will be Jagr - C, Shanny - A and Drury - A but I might be wrong!
I dont think they will take it off Straka cause Drury is here. Even though he dont have an A, Drury is still a leader as well as Straka, Gomez, Jagr etc. I say we should rotate the A.

BDubinskyNYR17* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2007, 09:42 AM
SpeedSkatOrr

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCallahan43 View Post
I dont think they will take it off Straka cause Drury is here. Even though he dont have an A, Drury is still a leader as well as Straka, Gomez, Jagr etc. I say we should rotate the A.
Ok, fair enough!

SpeedSkatOrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2007, 09:47 AM
BDubinskyNYR17*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avery Orr Pock View Post
Ok, fair enough!
I know the Wild rotate it and i think the Kings do as well.

i say for October the ones who get the A are Betts and Callahan, they have been good in training camp

Old
09-24-2007, 09:52 AM
SPG

Quote:
I know the Wild rotate it and i think the Kings do as well.

i say for October the ones who get the A are Betts and Callahan, they have been good in training camp
Betts and Callahan? Over Shanny, Drury, Straka??? I love Cally, but I'm not so sure about giving an A to a player who has played a grand total of 14 NHL regular season games. Cally's time will come - be patient.

SPG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2007, 09:57 AM
NYR469

they should go with 4 As...shanny, straka, drury and rosy and rotate them home & away.

NYR469 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2007, 10:01 AM
BklyNYR4Life

lets give everyone an A!!!

BklyNYR4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2007, 11:36 AM
RMcDonagh
New York Rangers Cup

No. Nobody deserves an A as of yet except Shanny/Straka/Drury. Simply rotate throughout the season, home/away games switch or whatever. Jagr with the C. Next year, Shanny and Straka gone.. permanent A's to Drury and..... we'll see. (We may pickup someone new that deserves it..or if not I see no legitimate somewhat veteran able to be A'd except Gomez)

RMcDonagh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2007, 11:43 AM
NYR Viper

Quote:
i would agree with this....buffalo did it with their captains and it worked out well.....i think whatever happens, drury should have an A, he is the best leader on this team, along with shanny

NYR Viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2007, 11:45 AM
NYR469

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruno Ranger View Post
No. Nobody deserves an A as of yet except Shanny/Straka/Drury. Simply rotate throughout the season, home/away games switch or whatever. Jagr with the C. Next year, Shanny and Straka gone.. permanent A's to Drury and..... we'll see. (We may pickup someone new that deserves it..or if not I see no legitimate somewhat veteran able to be A'd except Gomez)
how does drury deserve an A without ever playing a game for the rangers, but roszival doesn't?

NYR469 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2007, 11:52 AM
HockeyBasedNYC

Per Sams blog

Speaking of Straka, it looks like the Dawes experiment is over on the 1st line. Jagr says he needs more of a defensive presence on the line, and as I expected Straka will move back onto the top line for the Detriot game.

If thats the case and it sticks that opens the door for Dubinsky to make the team which i think might happen.

After the Detriot game I think we will see close to what will be the lineup for opening night.

Straka - Gomez - Jagr
Avery - Drury - Shanahan
Prucha - Dubinsky - Callahan
Hollweg - Betts - Hossa/Orr

or something along those lines.

HockeyBasedNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2007, 12:18 PM
RMcDonagh
New York Rangers Cup

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR469 View Post
how does drury deserve an A without ever playing a game for the rangers, but roszival doesn't?
It's not always about playing one game when you have someone who is so clutch, such a team player, knows the game so well, and is such a legitimate option.

RMcDonagh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2007, 12:31 PM
BDubinskyNYR17*

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyBasedNYC View Post
Speaking of Straka, it looks like the Dawes experiment is over on the 1st line. Jagr says he needs more of a defensive presence on the line, and as I expected Straka will move back onto the top line for the Detriot game.

If thats the case and it sticks that opens the door for Dubinsky to make the team which i think might happen.

After the Detriot game I think we will see close to what will be the lineup for opening night.

Straka - Gomez - Jagr
Avery - Drury - Shanahan

my bet is Byers makes the team and Hollweg along with Immonens rights gets us something even if it is low value like an extra mid round pick or mid prospect that is in junior or college.

Old
09-24-2007, 12:36 PM
Son of Steinbrenner

Quote:
my bet is Byers makes the team and Hollweg along with Immonens rights gets us something even if it is low value like an extra mid round pick or mid prospect that is in junior or college.
can you stop please....hollweg isn't going anywhere and immonens rights are worthless...

Son of Steinbrenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2007, 12:49 PM
HockeyBasedNYC

Quote:
Byers isnt gonna make this team. Hes had a good camp and preseason, but why would the Rangers replace a guy whos played 130 NHL games in Hollweg with someone whos played 0 and brings essentially the same game?

Just to get rid of Immonens rights and make a trade for the sake of making a trade?

Doesnt make sense.

Hollweg at minimum will be a scratch and Byers will be playing for Hartford this year, maybe a call-up if theres an injury and is playing great.

HockeyBasedNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2007, 12:50 PM
Fletch

Cally...

Byers has played well but I don't see him being worth much more as a fourth liner than Hollweg. In fact, considering the strides he's made in the last couple seasons, what's best for him is to go to the AHL, play on one of the top two lines and play as much PP time as possible to continue his development to become what we hoped Hollweg would become and that's a serviceable third liner or maybe better. He's not going to get better offensively playing with Orr and Betts five minutes per game in the NHL.

Fletch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2007, 03:06 PM
NYR Viper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fletch View Post
Byers has played well but I don't see him being worth much more as a fourth liner than Hollweg. In fact, considering the strides he's made in the last couple seasons, what's best for him is to go to the AHL, play on one of the top two lines and play as much PP time as possible to continue his development to become what we hoped Hollweg would become and that's a serviceable third liner or maybe better. He's not going to get better offensively playing with Orr and Betts five minutes per game in the NHL.
agreed

Old
09-24-2007, 03:08 PM
NYR Viper

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyBasedNYC View Post

Straka - Gomez - Jagr
Avery - Drury - Shanahan

now the discussion comes up again, will renney put prucha with callahan and dubinsky or will he move avery down and prucha up..

straka-gomez-jagr.....my god if i was on the other team i would **** myself
prucha-drury-shanahan
avery-dubinsky-callahan
hossa-betts-hollweg/orr