HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

NYR games in HD...home and away

Old
09-16-2007, 01:45 PM
nyrmetros

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadwayblue View Post
Can you give me an approximate distance for the cable run? Are we talking ~10', 25', or 50'? Remember to add several feet at each end to allow the cable to go down from the cable box to the floor, and then up again to your monitor in the other room. If you don't have a tape measure handy you can just pace it off...my size 10 shoe is very close to 1 foot.
prob around 10 ft or so through the wall. maybe 15 ft to be safe?

nyrmetros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2007, 01:59 PM
broadwayblue

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyrmetros View Post
prob around 10 ft or so through the wall. maybe 15 ft to be safe?
This would probably be your best bet:

http://www.monoprice.com/products/pr...=2#description

For a 15 foot run you don't need a thicker gauge cable. Just make sure that your monitor has a DVI female connection, as the DVI end of the cable is male.

broadwayblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2007, 02:24 PM
nyrmetros

Quote:
This would probably be your best bet:

http://www.monoprice.com/products/pr...=2#description

For a 15 foot run you don't need a thicker gauge cable. Just make sure that your monitor has a DVI female connection, as the DVI end of the cable is male.
ho9w do I tell the difference?
It's the Acer X241W

Old
09-16-2007, 02:33 PM
broadwayblue

Quote:
ho9w do I tell the difference?
It's the Acer X241W
Does your DVI connection on the Acer look like this? That's a standard female connection. If that's what your looks like then the cable I posted above will work, as it has a male connection (pins.)

Old
09-16-2007, 02:54 PM
otterulz

I think for away games, the arena not only has to have the HD cameras but MSG Network has to rent them or something. At least that's what I heard.

otterulz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2007, 03:32 PM
cityhockeyfever

Quote:
Originally Posted by patnyrnyg View Post
Last year all home games were in HD. The NBC games were in HD. The Isles and Devils road games were in HD. I also remember a Penguins road game being in HD. For the Rangers it is not like CBS, or Fox for football where they have the HD trucks. Everything is set-up in the arena. The Yankees made deals with every team they played to "trade" HD signals. Basically, the Red Sox came to Yankee stadium and the Yankees let them broadcast using the Yankees HD equipment and the Red Sox did the same for the Yanks in Boston. Seems like such a simple thing. I can't imagine an NHL team would not have HD equipment.
The sad part is that the Yankees are the only local team to have most of their away games in HD. I don't know if it is a budget thing or just that they have additional access to the home team's HD equipment. I remember a few nights ago, the second game in Toronto was not in HD, but the other two games of that series were.

I remember off the top of my head besides the Rangers' road games against Devils and Islanders, I saw a few on MSG Network or FSN New York in HD from Pittsburgh, Boston and maybe Philadelphia. I doubt we'll see HD broadcasts of all road games until the home team shows a higher majority or all of their home games in HD. For example, Phoenix is only doing a small amount of them in HD (primarily on Thursday night home games). Then again, by I believe February 2009, every network is supposed to have HD equipment up and running by then.

cityhockeyfever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2007, 03:42 PM
nyrmetros

Quote:
Does your DVI connection on the Acer look like this? That's a standard female connection. If that's what your looks like then the cable I posted above will work, as it has a male connection (pins.)
yea I think it looks like that.
I have that connected to my video card in my computer nvidia xfx 6600 le

Old
09-16-2007, 03:49 PM
broadwayblue

Quote:
Originally Posted by cityhockeyfever View Post
Then again, by I believe February 2009, every network is supposed to have HD equipment up and running by then.
I think you are confusing HD with the mandatory transition from analog to digital, which has actually just been pushed back again. However, there is no requirement that any network broadcast in HD.

Old
09-16-2007, 03:53 PM
broadwayblue

Quote:
yea I think it looks like that.
I have that connected to my video card in my computer nvidia xfx 6600 le
You could connect your PC to the Acer with a VGA cable, and use the HDMI/DVI cable to connect the cable box. Or you can buy a component video cable like this one to connect the cable box to the Acer. This is assuming your Acer only has 1 DVI input. Obviously if it has 2 you can connect both your PC and cable box with the HDMI/DVI cable.

Old
09-16-2007, 04:30 PM
nyrmetros

Quote:
You could connect your PC to the Acer with a VGA cable, and use the HDMI/DVI cable to connect the cable box. Or you can buy a component video cable like this one to connect the cable box to the Acer. This is assuming your Acer only has 1 DVI input. Obviously if it has 2 you can connect both your PC and cable box with the HDMI/DVI cable.
The Acer only has 1 DVI slot. Is there much of a difference with the visuals betwen the computer and monitor with VGA or DVI? I for one probably couldn't tell the difference.

Old
09-16-2007, 04:40 PM
cityhockeyfever

Quote:
I think you are confusing HD with the mandatory transition from analog to digital, which has actually just been pushed back again. However, there is no requirement that any network broadcast in HD.
You are right about the analog to digital conversion deadline. I should've clarified that more in my previous post.

cityhockeyfever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2007, 04:53 PM
broadwayblue

Quote:
The Acer only has 1 DVI slot. Is there much of a difference with the visuals betwen the computer and monitor with VGA or DVI? I for one probably couldn't tell the difference.
The difference will be subtle. I would connect the HDMI cable to the device I use more often. VGA or component will still provide an excellent image. Even on my 112" display there's not a big difference between HDMI and component.

Old
09-16-2007, 05:43 PM
patnyrnyg

Quote:
Originally Posted by cityhockeyfever View Post
The sad part is that the Yankees are the only local team to have most of their away games in HD. I don't know if it is a budget thing or just that they have additional access to the home team's HD equipment. I remember a few nights ago, the second game in Toronto was not in HD, but the other two games of that series were.
You quoted my post, but I guess you didn't read it. The Yankees made a deal with every team they play to exchange HD feeds. Therefore when a team comes to Yankee stadium, they use the Yankees equipment, when the Yankees go on the road, the Yankees use their opponents.

YES HD was having technical difficulties this week. I sat down to watch Mike and the Mad Dog, it wasn't on YES HD, but was on Yes. Same for some of the other stuff.

patnyrnyg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2007, 05:45 PM
broadwayblue

Quote:
Originally Posted by patnyrnyg View Post
YES HD was having technical difficulties this week. I sat down to watch Mike and the Mad Dog, it wasn't on YES HD, but was on Yes. Same for some of the other stuff.
The building where Yes is located caught fire...thus the difficulties.

Old
09-16-2007, 06:11 PM
The Perfect Paradox
Beyond Good and Evil

hopefully they will b in HD

The Perfect Paradox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2007, 10:49 PM
nyrmetros

Quote:
The difference will be subtle. I would connect the HDMI cable to the device I use more often. VGA or component will still provide an excellent image. Even on my 112" display there's not a big difference between HDMI and component.
yea..... I wish I knew a techie who could come over here and hook my stuff up. lol
we don't have a HDTV yet, saving up $ for that, so right now we want to use the monitor as our hdtv as it does support it.

Old
09-24-2007, 10:56 AM
swissfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by wereback View Post
Just wanted to see if MSG will be showing away game in HD like the YES network does with Cablevision and the Yanks. It would would be great if all games this year are in HD. Any idea?

I can tell you right now that MSG's behind(for lack of using another term) is too cheap. Look at the Boston Bruins schedule
http://bruins.nhl.com/team/app?servi...seasonSchedule

Every game is in HD on NESN for the Bruins, I wished that the Rangers were on Yes Network, rest assured all their games would be HD home and away. The Nets games on YES will all be in HD road and home.

MSG and Dolan are busy with their sexual harassment suits and giving out my cash as a Cablevision subscriber to this nonsense, rather than being able to be high tech in the largest market in America. We'll have to live with the select games away in HD tag. Wonder how NESN were able to do every away game in HD but MSG can't. Glad the Yankees and Mets left them.

Last edited by swissfan: 09-24-2007 at 12:32 PM.
swissfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2007, 09:33 PM
broadwayblue

HDNet OPENS NHL SEASON with the FIRST GAME OF 07-08 LIVE FROM LONDON – SAT, Sept 29 + RANGERS HOME OPENER

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

HDNET TO OPEN NHL SEASON WITH THE FIRST GAME OF 2007-08 LIVE FROM LONDON – SATURDAY, SEPTEMBER 29

High Definition Network to continue flex schedule plan for 2007-08 season

(DALLAS) September 24, 2007 – HDNet will open the 2007-08 NHL season with LIVE coverage of the season-opening game Saturday, September 29 at noon ET when the Stanley Cup Champion Anaheim Ducks take on the Los Angeles Kings at London's O2 Arena.

In continuing with the success of last year’s flexible format, the “NHL on HDNet” will release an updated broadcast schedule every 60 days, allowing the network to provide fans with games featuring the hottest players, teams and match-ups. The “NHL on HDNet” will also return to a Thursday and Saturday night schedule of games.

The “NHL on HDNet” team of Judd Sirott, Hall of Famer Larry Murphy and former star goaltender John Vanbiesbrouck will return to call the action this season.

In addition to the opening game in London, just a few games that fans can look forward to on HDNet this October and November include:

Thursday, October 4, HDNet features the Rangers home opener at Madison Square Garden against the Florida Panthers. The Rangers made a big splash in free agency, adding two of the league's top centers, Chris Drury and Scott Gomez, to a team that already features Jaromir Jagr and one of the league's best young goaltenders Henrik Lundqvist.

Two of the league's top young superstars go head-to-head on Saturday, October 20, as Sidney Crosby and the Pittsburgh Penguins take on Alexander Ovechkin and the Washington Capitals.

On Thursday, November 1, forward Ryan Smyth and defenseman Scott Hannan, join Joe Sakic and the revamped Colorado Avalanche for an exciting match-up at home against the Penguins.

And, on Saturday, November 17, HDNet will head to the Midwest to feature the Western Conference titan Detroit Red Wings and sharp shooters Pavel Datsyuk and Henrik Zetterberg as they square off against their Central Division rival the Chicago Blackhawks.

HDNet, a national high definition telecast partner of the NHL, is in its sixth year of NHL coverage following the same Thursday and Saturday schedule that has aired in previous seasons.

All “NHL on HDNet” broadcasts are original HDNet productions. HDNet NHL game broadcasts are shot exclusively for presentation in the highest-quality 1080i high-definition format, giving viewers all the benefits of a 16:9 aspect ratio and high resolution picture without compromising the image to serve a standard-definition, 4:3 broadcast audience.

The live broadcast schedule through November 30, 2007 is listed below (all times are Eastern). A complete schedule of programming, including encore presentations and additional games, as scheduled, is available at www.hd.net or at www.nhl.com. Schedule subject to change. Local blackout restrictions apply.

Visitor Home ET
Saturday 29, Sept Ducks Kings Noon ET – FROM LONDON

Thursday 4-Oct Panthers Rangers 7:00 pm ET
Saturday 6-Oct Ducks Penguins 7:30 pm ET

Thursday 11-Oct Thrashers Sabres 7:00 pm ET
Saturday 13-Oct Wild Coyotes 10:00 pm ET

Thursday 18-Oct Devils Flyers 7:00 pm ET
Saturday 20-Oct Penguins Capitals 7:00 pm ET

Thursday 25-Oct Maple Leafs Penguins 7:30 pm ET
Saturday 27-Oct Senators Devils 7:00 pm ET

Thursday 1-Nov Penguins Avalanche 9:00 pm ET
Saturday 3-Nov Sharks Kings 10:30 pm ET

Thursday 8-Nov Penguins Rangers 7:00 pm ET
Saturday 10-Nov Rangers Maple Leafs 7:00 pm ET

Thursday 15-Nov Ducks Kings 10:30 pm ET
Saturday 17-Nov Blackhawks Red Wings 7:00 pm ET

Thursday 22-Nov Red Wings Predators 8:00 pm ET
Saturday 24-Nov Flames Avalanche 7:00 pm ET

Thursday 29-Nov Lightning Red Wings 7:30 pm ET

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
These guys are great. Since they don't have to worry about framing the game for 4:3 viewers they don't make you dizzy with the camera moving all over the place. Someday all HD sports broadcasts will be like this.

Last edited by broadwayblue: 09-24-2007 at 09:38 PM.