HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Would Lundqvist fight?

Old
09-25-2007, 07:44 AM
92hatchattack

vCash: 500
Henrik will try anthing once.. ya know, hangin out behind the net, shooting through traffic straight up the middle.... he's bound to give fighting a try one of these days.

I could see him as one of those guys that just flips out... eyes get all buggy and just start throughing fits like a kid having a temper tantrum

92hatchattack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2007, 07:57 AM
SML

If Lundqvist ever dropped the gloves, I'd have a heart attack. Every guy on this team had better understand that he IS our team. He breaks a hand or a wrist, we're screwed. What if he gets an eye orbital broken and has vision trouble after that? There's NO WAY they should ever be looking to Henrik to fight. I'd sooner expect a guy to come off the bench. In the short term it would cost money, but in the long term, in terms of how a single moment can derail a team's future, it's waaaay cheaper.

SML is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2007, 08:12 AM
Chimp

Quote:
Originally Posted by SML View Post
If Lundqvist ever dropped the gloves, I'd have a heart attack. Every guy on this team had better understand that he IS our team. He breaks a hand or a wrist, we're screwed. What if he gets an eye orbital broken and has vision trouble after that? There's NO WAY they should ever be looking to Henrik to fight. I'd sooner expect a guy to come off the bench. In the short term it would cost money, but in the long term, in terms of how a single moment can derail a team's future, it's waaaay cheaper.
Agreed. If the other team's goalie comes rushing down the ice, I expect some 4th liner to jump him before he reaches Henke, no matter the costs.

Chimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2007, 08:14 AM
hdw

He has the fire and temprament to drop his gloves, he and Joel are identical twins after all.

(When Hank in -05 got the SEL playoff records in GAA, Save% and SO, Joel added most the most PIM record to the family honours )

But I think would stay away due any off the things stated earlier.
Risk of getting injured and knowing that he serves his team better in the crease than in the box (or behind the goal ...).

hdw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2007, 09:23 AM
HockeyBasedNYC

Depends on what kind of game it is. 2 points werent on the line last night.

But i think if Henrik saw DiPietro doing what he did he would have to come across.

At least to the red line. Then DiPietro might have skated towards him and Lundqvist might have done the whole stand there and look at him deal. The point of that is to just get DiPietro out of the scrum. Easier said then done with all the hoopla going on.

Who wouldve thought going into the preseason we would see Montoya, Jessiman, Dubinsky, Pock and Hossa fighting.

HockeyBasedNYC is online now   Reply With Quote