HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

upshall?

Old
09-17-2007, 07:42 PM
hawks35

vCash: 500
upshall?

I was wondering what you guys see from upshall as for as his numbers this year and his role on the team in the future? With all the young talent on your team and Giroux and Downie coming up, will he play a prominent role in the offense and will he get any pp time? Any help will be much appreciated, thank you.

hawks35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-21-2007, 01:05 AM
Uppie101

This is going to be his break out year and if get gets the ice time I see him getting 25 goals and 25 + assists.

Uppie101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-21-2007, 11:44 AM
Valhoun*

Send a message via AIM to Valhoun*
He had 13 points in 18 games with us last year... that is around a 60 point season. All he needs is ice time and quality players around him. Even if he is with Richards and spends a lot of time trying to shut down the other team's scoring he will still produce. He is one of those guys who just wants to play and get time on the ice, much like Biron. Now that he is out of the trap he was in (Nashville) he will be a solid player.

Valhoun* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-21-2007, 02:22 PM
TOCxNJ

i wouldnt be surprised if he ends up with even a bit more than 60....he looks real solid out there so far, and he's been flyyyyying around that ice dude. he definitely has quite a jump in his skating and looks very confident. i'm excited to see whats going to happen.

TOCxNJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-21-2007, 02:37 PM
Norm MacDonald

I think he'll score more if he's on the right side, because I think he works better there. Unfortunately, the spots are pretty much filled on this team with Lupul, Knuble and maybe Giroux all natural RWs. That's one reason why I'd like to see Lupul traded.

Norm MacDonald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-21-2007, 04:58 PM
exlund*

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeepOrange View Post
I think he'll score more if he's on the right side, because I think he works better there. Unfortunately, the spots are pretty much filled on this team with Lupul, Knuble and maybe Giroux all natural RWs. That's one reason why I'd like to see Lupul traded.
I have felt since I've seen him here, that Upshall has top line talent. Also, I am not sure Knuble has the speed and talent to keep up with Briere and Gags...I would condone trying Upshall on that RW..hmmm..

Gagne Briere Upshall
Lupul Carter Giroux
Hartnell Richards Kunble
Eager Umby Kapanen

exlund* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-21-2007, 05:44 PM
Death of a Martian

I'm going to say....

26 Goals
36 Assists
62 Points

but if he somehow gets bumped up to the 1st line, those numbers will easily be surpassed

Death of a Martian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-21-2007, 06:22 PM
MojoJojo

60-65 points does not seem unreasonable IF he can stay healthy, which considering his style of play I doubt.

MojoJojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-21-2007, 06:49 PM
Death of a Martian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MojoJojo View Post
60-65 points does not seem unreasonable IF he can stay healthy, which considering his style of play I doubt.
Well, what does seem reasonable?

Death of a Martian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-21-2007, 08:13 PM
MountainHawk

I'd take 22+35 or so.

MountainHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-21-2007, 08:37 PM
Gags1288

I like everything about Upshall's game. He reminds me a lot of Williams, though he's a little better skater then Justin is. I expect to see him to certainly get 2nd PP time and 2nd line icetime. I think his numbers will be effected based on who centers him (Carter or Richards) and I think he'll end up with around 60 points, but the only question is whether it will be 20/40/60 or 30/30/60. I think he's capable of both and he's one of my favorite young forwards on the roster.

Gags1288 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2007, 01:39 AM
exlund*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gags1288 View Post
I like everything about Upshall's game. He reminds me a lot of Williams, though he's a little better skater then Justin is. I expect to see him to certainly get 2nd PP time and 2nd line icetime. I think his numbers will be effected based on who centers him (Carter or Richards) and I think he'll end up with around 60 points, but the only question is whether it will be 20/40/60 or 30/30/60. I think he's capable of both and he's one of my favorite young forwards on the roster.
If healthy I'm going to say 25-30 goals and 25-30 assists...

exlund* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2007, 11:17 AM
Joe T Choker
Las Vegas Black Aces

Quote:
Originally Posted by MojoJojo View Post
that has always been the knock on him since he's become a pro

Joe T Choker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2007, 11:26 AM
TOCxNJ

i'd love to see him on the top line....i think the days of having to have the big guy in the slot are over and having a top line of speed and talent can go a long way...therefore, i'd replace knuble with upshall just to see how he does.

TOCxNJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2007, 12:28 PM
LePalle

Id say 25 goals, 28 assists for about 100 points.

LePalle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2007, 01:30 PM
Ri hards

Quote:
Originally Posted by gagne22 View Post
Id say 25 goals, 28 assists for about 100 points.
schwa??

Ri hards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2007, 01:47 PM
rayearth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Switchblade View Post
schwa??
It's that new math the kids are all doing these days.

rayearth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2007, 04:20 PM
Ri hards

Quote:
Originally Posted by rayearth View Post
It's that new math the kids are all doing these days.
Ohh. . .crazy kids with their "Music Television". . . .

Ri hards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2007, 04:23 PM
decadentia

See im totally unsure. Before we got Hartnell/Lupul I figured he would be at least guaranteed 2nd line minutes ( perhaps even 1st line minutes ). He seemed to flourish last year, but there wasn't a whole lot competing for his spot.

Im just afraid he's going to get stuck on a 3rd line or something, and sink into mediocrity.

That being said, I would love for Stevens to throw some quality minutes at him for at least the first part of the year.

decadentia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2007, 04:32 PM
El Dandy*
...Menace To Society

I know that Scottie had a great run at the end of the season but with the additions of Lupul and Hartnell (and maybe Giroux at some point this year) I just don't see him having the breakout year some are envisioning. Realistically, I think he will score 15 goals and get 20 assists, but I really hope he does better then I think he will. I'm trying not to get my hopes up

El Dandy* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2007, 05:04 PM
Terence Peterman

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Dandy View Post
(and maybe Giroux at some point this year)
He can't take ice time at "some point" this year, it's juniors or the bigs.

I really like Upshall. Really, really like him. Having guys like Lupul on the team might hurt him though, because guys like Lupul need the time on the first or second line to produce, and Upshall doesn't. While the depth at RW is obviously a fantastic problem, I'd like to see Upshall and Giroux really take it over in the next couple years.

I think he'll be injured, while also maybe getting bounced around with a few different line combos. I'll say he puts up something like 18/35, which could balance out g/a-wise depending on line mates.

Terence Peterman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2007, 05:10 PM
El Dandy*
...Menace To Society

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonny View Post
He can't take ice time at "some point" this year, it's juniors or the bigs.

I really like Upshall. Really, really like him. Having guys like Lupul on the team might hurt him though, because guys like Lupul need the time on the first or second line to produce, and Upshall doesn't. While the depth at RW is obviously a fantastic problem, I'd like to see Upshall and Giroux really take it over in the next couple years.

I think he'll be injured, while also maybe getting bounced around with a few different line combos. I'll say he puts up something like 18/35, which could balance out g/a-wise depending on line mates.

Sorry, I was getting him and Downie confused.

El Dandy* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2007, 05:16 PM
Dig Out Your Soul
Ex Storm...

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Dandy View Post
I know that Scottie had a great run at the end of the season but with the additions of Lupul and Hartnell (and maybe Giroux at some point this year) I just don't see him having the breakout year some are envisioning. Realistically, I think he will score 15 goals and get 20 assists, but I really hope he does better then I think he will. I'm trying not to get my hopes up
I think Upshall will do pretty well this year. He'll get enough icetime, the organization loves him. If he's on the 3rd line, Richards looks ready for a breakout year and that will help him. It also looks like they're trying to get him on the PP playing the point with the first unit so that will net him some points too. Perhaps he won't do as well as some predicted before Lupul was brought in, but he'll do just fine.

There's also the possibility that he plays with Carter and Lupul and Hartnell plays with Richards because they've looked very good together.

Dig Out Your Soul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2007, 11:57 AM
mikedifr

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeepOrange View Post
If they would entertain the option of taking Knuble off the top line then you can play him on the left. That is what he played in Boston with Joe Thornton.

mikedifr is offline   Reply With Quote